Cele
This is an In Character (IC) forum to post your character biographies and journals, NPC backgrounds, and Histories of the realm

Moderator: rdjparadis

Mick Dagger

Cele

Post by Mick Dagger »

I'm Cele. My parents called me Celeste, but when I was a little kid and first tried to say my name it came out as “Cele” and it has been that way ever since. They often called me “Cele, you little charmer”, and I was not old before I found out how to have things my way, by being cute and persistant.

My best friend Janet and I have done many crazy things together, and I love our practical jokes like walking up and down the streets of Athkatla mimicking the way people walk without them knowing, or picking wild flowers and going from door to door and giving them to the people that open up just to see their reaction. Many of them invited us in, and we got new friends in other parts of the city.
We were also introduced to a group of people that worshipped Bahamut. A friend of ours invited us. At first we went there just for fun, and because we were curious about the dragon things.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Re: Cele

Post by Mick Dagger »

I told Janet about Lolo. Well, I tell her everything, almost. It is one of those crazy things, I just can’t explain. I was alone at home one day. I started talking to myself as I often do when alone, but this time the words came out in a different language. The thoughts and ideas were the same, but the words were different. All of a sudden I heard a tiny voice: “Yes, I’m here, did you call for me?” I turned in the direction of the sound, and there she was, the cutest tiny little creature hovering in the air. Only later did I realize that she had answered in the same foreign language and that we had spoken for at least an hour without me noticing the difference. She became my little secret friend that came whenever I called. Of course I had to tell Janet, and so she also got to know of the strange language.

Later when I met the Bahamut people, I realized that they sometimes read from a couple of books in just that language. And I could understand it all just fine.
After a while I changed. I started to think and feel different about Bahamut, and I became almost obsessed with stories of dragons. Janet warned me and said I was crazy, but I made a pact with them, trying to live according to Bahamuts dogma. Janet agreed with me on trying to fight evil and such. We even had some success stopping pickpockets in the market place. But it proved dangerous and Janet lost interest.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

One thing I never told Janet was about the accident. It was when I was a kid. I was playing with Ann when she said something that made me angry. I was really furious. I reached out to grab and pull her hair. I don’t know what happened, but suddenly heat burst out from my hands and lit her hair. I was shocked and so was she. She told her parents, and they told mine. I had to stay in my room for more that a week. They all believed I had used something from the fireplace and done it on purpose. Since that day I have always tried not to turn angry. It really scared me.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

The stories from the new world had always fascinated me, stories of sailors, warriors and wild elves. A country unexplored. And then there were the dragons, rumours of dragons in abundance, those huge mythical beings. Their blood known as a source of powers unparalleled.
And somewhere deep in me there was this drive. I had discovered it when together with the Bahamut people, I knew it was right, and I felt it was to become my destiny.

When I left Athkatla it was like chasing a dream - a new world, new places and a chance to explore the mysteries therein.
Mom was reluctant at first. How was I going to cope in such a place? Dad simply said no and it took a long time to convince him otherwise. In the end their main concern was that they wouldn’t be able to see their daughter in a long time.
My older brother Frank wondered why I would give up a promising life in the big city, and my little brother Edwin admitted he would miss me even though we always used to fight when we were kids.
Janet, wanted to come along, but her parents wouldn’t let her. My boyfriend Andrew who my parents liked very much, was studying to become a lawyer like my father. He broke up when he realized that I had other plans than becoming his wife and live as a housewife in the city.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

I was surprised when I arrived at Lapis Port after the long voyage. It was in fact a city like any other back home. Not quite as big as my home city, but far more civilized than I had imagined.
I had only arrived at the immigration office when one of the persons in that building asked for my help with bugs in the cellar. Not a heroic task by any standard, but I like to do good things.
I explored the city and found many interesting shops and other places I like to go. The city seems to be run by a mayor, and there are city guards policing the streets. There is also an order of paladins and a church of Lathander in the middle of the city. I found a good library and a superb seamstress across the plaza.

Just outside the border of the city you come to rural country, and then the wilderness. The roads are not safe with bandits and all kinds of scum attacking travellers. I saw a shop in the port where I can get me some armor and a weapon. My skills are a bit rusty, but I have reason to believe that I will get some practice here.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

Just outside the city in the farmlands is a gathering place for all kind of adventurers. They seem to think that it is safer to travel with others, and I don’t argue. They have lots of stories to tell. They have been all over the region and know many things.

I almost fell off the log I sat on when one of them mentioned a temple of Bahamut not too far from the city. Could it really be so? His followers don’t make many temples. And he teaches us to worship in a practical way through good deeds and action that promotes the good.
I had to go and see for myself. But first I thought I had to rehearse my sword skills a bit more so I could stand up against raiders along the road. I had been able to fight off some xvarts and even some animated skeletons in the local cemetery, but I was not sure if that skill would be good enough in the vicinity of a dragon’s temple.
But I was lucky. Some adventurers volunteered to follow me to see the temple. So I got there almost on the same day that I heard of it.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

The temple is a magnificent place. Just outside is a gigantically huge statue of the platinum dragon himself. The interior is bright with white light and there is a peaceful calm. Beautiful music fills the main room. The clergy is willing to teach and offer healing. They will also trade with the visitors.

I went further into the forest past the temple. My heart fell deep in my chest when I first saw him. I had no words. My breath was taken away.
There in the clearing stood a real shiny dragon. The reflections from his scales illuminated the forest in a soft yellow light. He was so big, much lager than I had imagined, and he seemed so strong. I was even a little scared.
He introduced himself as Bob. And the first thing he did was warning me against going deeper into the forest where the black dragons stay.
I stayed with him, and he soon accepted me as his disciple. My heart went boom boom.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

I was up in Dandelion Dale, that halfling village when I met some adventurers. We started to talk and at some point we were talking about magic. I didn’t like the subject, and when asked I had to admit that I believe magic is dangerous and should be avoided. One insightful person asked if I had experienced anything bad with magic. I was reluctant at first. But finally I told them the story about Ann and her hair catching fire. They told me that I should see my potential as a gift rather than a curse. But it is a powerful tool that has to be controlled. And denying it is not necessarily the best way to control it. I was shocked at first, but after some days, I started to think it over.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

I have to say something about Velvet. He is the most complicated man I know. I met him at the adventurer camp in the farmlands. He always smiles and is so polite, behaving like a gentleman whenever I see him. He has given me gifts both flowers and dresses. I believe he has a crush on me. His past is dark, he was with the shadow thieves, and they cursed him when he tried to get away from them. He drinks this odd concoction to relieve the pain from the curse. When he told me what he used to do for the thieves, I was shocked, and I pity him. He seems earnest enough trying to start a new life, and I believe him when he claims to have finished the ways of his former life. But there is something about him that makes me uneasy, something I can’t pinpoint. We can be friends and have fun together, but we can’t be lovers.
I have to admit that he is a good listening partner though, so he knows a lot about my progress as pupil of Bob the brass dragon. And he was the first I told about my budding wings. And he is a good cook. And I know because I eat a lot now.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM

Mick Dagger

Post by Mick Dagger »

I was impressed by the sturdiness and fighting prowess of some of the adventurers that frequent the camp. I had heard rumors of a place called Mount Mercy and a city beyond. I had looked it up in the library and realized it held many mysteries. The Flaming fist that once held this city had supposedly run that way when Lapis was captured by wild elves. And now we were going there!
What awaited us was almost beyond my imagination; arch wizards, ravaging maniacs, flying dark maidens, warlocks, magical archers, hard punching midgets and demons, and more demons and more, and more. And my fellow adventurers stood their ground and pressed forward all the way into the city. Maybe I was just lucky, but I was quite surprised that I was able to stand there among them and fight toe to toe with the ravaging maniacs. It made me feel proud of them and of myself. Even Bob was proud of me after that and he said; now you have seen what magic can do, I can sense that you have it in you, use it. I will guide you.
Harvest Moon DM
Anchorome Builder and DM