Tileset: CTP Cave Ruins
This is for topics relevant to release one only!

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Tileset: CTP Cave Ruins

Post by Guest »

Discussion or Bugs relevent to Cave Ruins

Missing Tile

Post by Guest »

You guys better check this out

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3513390

That would be the Platform 3

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

Hey! I know that error! I gave Bannor updated files on that one. They are in fact up on the CVS server. Some files must have gotten confused?!? That was corrected a week and a half ago!

Bannor check files against what is on CVSNT. Something got missed.

Thanks Shoni!

Cave Ruins - Dwarven Hall 8x6

Post by Guest »

Thought that the Dwarven Hall 8x6 should be in the Dwarven Hall Set instead of the Cave Ruins under Groups.

Same problem the ends are white and nothing connects but it is useable as an entire area using the doors on the inside to transition to another area ( I think, I havent actually tested the doors in game but see no reason why the doors wouldnt work)

Post was moved by admin.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

While I did a ton of work on that group I never blocked off the tile edges to look clean for anything bigger the 8x6. This was a last min addition to Cave Ruin's set. I did major reskining to this set and never built one to mesh with Dwarven Halls so it didn't make it over.

The pathing on this will suck. I did rework path nodes in the set file but Yumi Chan didn't build with path nodes in mind. Sorry, I did the best I could with what I had. I felt is twas worth putting into the set.

I am not sure if Bannor has updated this with current verison from our CVS copy. I had added changes to make sure all doors working (discovered by OMB), I had added a few tiles that Bioware / Never roofers left out, plus I got rid of that damn skeleton that was in the ground and part of the floor painting of terrain.

Post by Guest »

Well I used it as an 8x6 area so it was worth adding it looks cool. I didn't know if it was meant to connect or not so I reported it.

The Doors work fine.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=flyingaquarium;8168]Well I used it as an 8x6 area so it was worth adding it looks cool. I didn't know if it was meant to connect or not so I reported it.

The Doors work fine.[/quote]

We will fix it, if it's possible (it should be). It got added late in the game, and I won't allow that to happen again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are working towards patching the few other bugs that slipped past us, fortunately, it was only a few.

We strive VERY hard to maintain very high quality.

We tested each set at least 3 times, and repaired at least 3 times. For this particular set, Chris had been working on that particular group for quite a while, and we thought we had it covered. Seems we still missed something.

It happens. We will fix it if it is at all possible.

Once I get the patch ready, I will let folks know how to grab it.

There are a couple options that we have, one is a file by file patch utility that only adds the changed files back into the haks that you have already downloaded, but it would mean manually copying multiple .exe files into your hak dir, and running them, then deleting them.

Another option is a possible 'override' hak file ( I don't really like this, but it is a possible solution.)

And finally, just uploading completely fixed sets and not worrying about trying to patch things individually, but that means a complete redownload of all changed haks. This might actually be better in the long run, but total size would still be pretty large before we compress things.

Tristan Kalaman

Post by Tristan Kalaman »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;8169]And finally, just uploading completely fixed sets and not worrying about trying to patch things individually, but that means a complete redownload of all changed haks. This might actually be better in the long run, but total size would still be pretty large before we compress things.[/QUOTE]

I'll toss my two coppers here. I'd prefer to just download the latest version of a complete (and updated) tileset hak instead of having something residing in my override directory.

/Tristan.

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Bannor meant to toss an override hak above the others, not to use the override folder. Technically, haks have a higher priority than the override folder for the game engine, it wouldn't even work.
Override folder has the only purpose to allow for on-the-fly overrides to standard game resources. Haks are not affected by it

Tristan Kalaman

Post by Tristan Kalaman »

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;8186]Bannor meant to toss an override hak above the others, not to use the override folder. Technically, haks have a higher priority than the override folder for the game engine, it wouldn't even work.
Override folder has the only purpose to allow for on-the-fly overrides to standard game resources. Haks are not affected by it[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for clarifying LR and good to see you back as well.

I'd still prefer to have each tileset hak be complete without a higher priority patch hak in place. Particularly in this regard as I would assume a patch hak would include fixes for all the CTP haks, and since it appears you may pick and choose which tilesets to add... to me, at least, it would seem easier to grab the updated ones if you are not using all of them.

Please forgive me, its been months since I touched the toolset and dealt with haks, so I may need to refresh my memory a bit. If my comments seem odd this is probably why.

/Tristan.