Sage Advise (Warning this will include colorful language)
This Board is for anything you would like to discuss on any topic
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Sage Advise (Warning this will include colorful language)

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Ok So this weekend I had some family problems. I hate to involve myself with family stuff. Especially Angel's family. For anyone that doesn't know I married Angel a little over 20 years ago. She already had a daughter 2 grandchildren and one on the way.

So, one of my granddaughters is in the navy. She's 22 now and her own woman. But She's having some problems here and there. I understand I had some problems when I was in the army back in my day. So let me explain the military and the young single men and women that live and work there. Soldiers, Sailors, marines and others.

If you're a young single man or woman in the military, you usually have two pastimes after getting off of work. That being drinking and fucking. Anyone that says that isn't true was either a barracks rat, lying through their teeth or a civilian. I know. I been there. I done that. I'm very lucky I didn't wind up at an alter with a father's shotgun stuck up my nose saying "I Do" before I got my chapter 4 and my DD-214.

There was that Korean girl I met in Colorado that almost snagged me. Her daddy was a sgt. major. He would have stuck a 105mm recoilless up my ass and smiled every time I looked back at him.

I'm also a libertarian and tend to state too much of the truth at times.

I know 20 somethings do this. We all did that kind of stuff at that age. I imagine it's the same way in college but don't know. I went to trade school and got an applied associate degree instead.

Now our granddaughter comes home for leave. It's supposed to be for 4 weeks. Angel calls me up at work after 2. She's upset. She told me that our granddaughter changed her plane ticket to go back to the base in California and is going to Mississippi.

Ok! Why did she change her ticket?

She wants to hook up with a 38-year-old married man that has 5 children and one on the way.

Ummmm!

So how do you tell your 22-year-old granddaughter to stop thinking with her clit and start thinking with her brain?

Here's how you do it.

Me:

heard there were some problems during your leave. I don't know the whole of what's going on. I just know your grandmother is upset, Kiddo.

Anyway, I guess I should say something.

You're 22 now. You have every right to screw up your life or succeed in your life the way you wish. And I know from experience. I did both before I found Angel. I screwed up badly at times and I did some really successful things.

So, here's my two cents for what it's worth. Someday you're going to be 45 or 50 years old. And you're going to look back to these days in your 20s and early 30s. When you do that Your either going to smile or you're going to cry.

Sometimes I cry and sometimes I smile. Depends on when and where.

So, before you make a decision that will affect your life forever. I hope you think about what I just said. When you're 45-50 are you going to look back at this and smile or cry. It's up to you what happens in your life. You can't fault anyone else when you cry. But when you smile you will appreciate all the people that brought you that smile.

That's all I have to say, Kiddo. I love you and the rest of the kids a lot. You are all adults now and have to make your own decisions in life. I hope you all make good ones. And you know I'm around if you need me.

Granddaughter

I thought everything was ok. What decision am I making that is going to change my life forever? And what am I doing wrong…?
I’m sorry I screwed up and it won’t happen again next time. I’ll come home and stay. I’m sorry for the way I’ve upset everybody in my family with my stupid decision making

Me

You did not understand what I was trying to say. I do not know if you did something right or wrong. Read what I actually said. I am saying that I cannot tell you that you are wrong or right. Nor can your mother, grandmother or siblings. It's all up to you now. It's Your choice whether to struggle every day of your life or make good decisions where you do not have too. I just hope that you use what I said before to step back and look before you leap.

The very next day she flew from Mississippi to California and apologized to the family for being stupid. So, everything worked out. It may not have if I had been judgmental or condescending.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon