Progress post 23 (2023): Started to finalize (1)
General public discussion and advertisement area for this project.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Black Rider
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Black Rider »

I finally started to finalize this set! I have notes on little bits, which still need to be done and now I’m working on them. Just to show, that there still is progress, here some screens and info:

1. Made a road feature, which connects to the Inn barn:

2. Removed the leaves in front of the barn entry:

3. Added a dirt patch in front of the stairs down of the Inn:

4. The poles of the railing of the “Ground Access Feature” weren’t touching the ground - just “floating”. I changed that:

5. As written in the post on edge tiles: I added a wobbly terrain, which creates the tree edge tiles. All other “normal” base ground tiles are flat. I liked the idea to have at least one wobbly variant. So I added it. To make it look different from the “edge wobble tile” I added a dirtpatch:

6. Since I decided to keep the thatch roof approach for Meggins, I added a thatch roof rim:

7. And last, I finally started to clean up the terrain tiles. As written in another post, the tileset is based on an early TNO-version I found in one of the Solace-HAKs (dating to 2005-06-20). Bannor and I ran a bunch of them through CleanModels back then. Thing we regognized to late is, that it creates a “repair-node”, where an anim-node was, and doesn’t rename it back. So now I took the time to fix all these wrongly renamed nodes. After that I started with setting all ground meshes to shadow 0 and rotatetexture 1. A big THANKS goes out to @Mmat (see Vault forum: https://forum.neverwintervault.org/t/fi ... olved/6110) for putting tiles through a script, which batch-checked and -adjusted a ton of terrain tiles! A real time saver! While rechecking his results I found (by using a plain dummy texture with some text), that not all ground meshes were mapped the same way, so the “rotate texture feature” wouldn’t really work in the way it is meant. CleanModel as a remap feature, so I used CM again. The result now looks pretty promising:

Well, I now have a bunch of tiles with the “repair-node” again, which still need to be fixed (again), but else, I hope I’m done with those…

So after these fixes, I have the minimaps left, which will be done by Neverblender (again a big THANKS to @Symmetric for this tool!).

And then the pathnodes…

And then hopefully finally a release…

Winterhawk99
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Progress post 23 (2023): Started to finalize (1)

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Congratulations BR. You've been working on the set for years and now finalizing. That's kick ass. I've seen what you did for already in Both dragonlance chronicles reborn and on your many posts here. It is awesome. Thank you for keeping up with it the community at large and your fellow Custom Content makers will appreciate it well now and in the future.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Black Rider
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Re: Progress post 23 (2023): Started to finalize (1)

Post by Black Rider »

Thanks alot @Winterhawk99!