The Elder Fey'ri as a playable race
This is a Forum for authors to put links to their books for download. I encourage fan fiction book authors first. If you have a link to a novel or other book that you are receiving income from you need to contact me first to have your work published here.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

The Elder Fey'ri as a playable race

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I thought up the Elder fey'ri back in 2001 and played a few on NWN servers. Little did I know that race I invented would be so popular on those servers. With the book series I figure I need to come up with a description and stats for those that may want to play them. They are a challenging race to play.

Where Elder Fey'ri would fit into a campaign: Elder Fey'ri could be on any campaign world where two things happened in history. The first part of history is that once upon a time on that world there was an age where dragons ruled. That age would need to end when elves take over as a predominate race and drive the dragons out of their role as the rulers. So Krynn or Dark Sun would not be good settings for an Elder Fey'ri unless there were extraordinary means to get them there, Spelljamming, planeswalking, etc. And you would also most likely need to ask the DM permission to play one anyway because like Trieflings, Assimar, or Irda, They are a powerful race.

Elder Fey'ri are in fact a form of triefling, however they are also a race on their own. They were originally bred from the mating of Abishai and whatever the drow predessor on your campaign would is. In the case of Toril (Forgotten Realms) They were called the Ilythiir.

Description: Elder Fey'ri are born wingless and all have completely black eyes. Their wings grow in with the onset of puberty. An adult looks very similar to elf in stature but is scaled like a dragon. Their scales are twice the size of a dragon disciples. The color of their scales are always the same as the mother which will always also determine their linage and the greater house they belong too. Their faces are elven in appearance and they always have white hair. If they become samurai their eyes will change color and their pupils will show though the color in the eyes will be slightly more brilliant and defining than a human's. They are not a pretty people and those that use comeliness in their campaigns would sub 2 from that stat. In fact most older Elder Fey'ri are terribly scared from the various battles that they have fought.

Stats: Elder Fey'ri receive a +2 modifier for dexterity mainly due to their elven heritage, and a +2 strength modifier for their Abishai heritage. They however receive a -2 modifier for both wisdom and charisma. They are also naturally slightly immune to fire since most of the race have lived on the first layer of hell for many generations giving them a -/5 fire resistance. With that said most except for water samurai do not like cold temperatures and will take extra damage in extreme cold.

History: Elder Fey'ri were specifically bred by the goddess Tiamat to set up the destruction of the elven nations. She wanted to get them to fight each other instead of fighting them head on with her dragons. She made a pact with the goddess Araushunne. Convincing her that she could breed a perfect guard force for her. Araushunne accepted the deal. Thus the Elder Fey'ri were selectively bred into existence. Tiamat had the first generations born in hell by using female abishai mated to male Ilythiir. The abishai trained them to be extremely evil but also extremely disciplined. They were in fact a perfect guard force for the elven queen but their very influence of being around her and following the customs of their hellion mothers corrupted her starting the elven wars.
Finally realizing her mistake she had her own people attack her guard and try to destroy them. Many elder fey'ri fought their way out of the nation and hid all around the world in small groups. By the time of the second crown war Tiamat herself pleased with her creations and the result of elven infighting gathered them together and gave them paradise in hell as a reward. Now they are starting to reappear on various worlds and things are about to change.

Society: Elder Fey'ri live in one of the most lawful evil societies you can imagine. Think Medieval Japan on steroids where 90% of the populace is lawful evil. They can be good, neutral or evil but most are evil. They can also be Lawful or neutral but they cannot be chaotic. Their minds just cant wrap around the ideas of independence or individuality to a certain extent to where they would be chaotic.
They can be Fighters, clerics (those wise enough) and mages. They cannot be thieves again their minds just cant wrap around the concept of taking something the way a thief would. If they want something of yours they will just challenge you to a duel and beat you to death for your stuff or use political intrigue.
There are Five greater families of elder fey'ri. The Nish' ma are red scaled, The Yuki are white scaled, The Kamara are blue scaled, The Thaydrak are black scaled, and the Sator who are green scaled.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: The Elder Fey'ri as a playable race

Post by Winterhawk99 »

There is a lot I haven't covered in the last post about Elder fey'ri that is covered in Children of Hell and will continue in Children of Hell Separation. It's probably best to read the book to get a good overview of them. A few things I would like to add to the above I'll add here.

One major disadvantage of playing an Elder fey'ri is that: They only eat raw meat. Cooked meat changes the chemistry to where it becomes poisonous to them and Plants are also poisonous except for a particular mushroom they developed to be used as field rations. To aid them in this they have fangs like a cat.

One of the ceremonies that an young adult goes through to become a man or a woman is they have to take down a large game animal with out a weapon. In fact in book one when Ammothrawen is training Seryne (human/dragon disciple) to become a Samurai one of her tests was too go out and do this. Seryne goes out and takes kills an old worn out antelope whos teeth were completely worn down and who's coat was mangled from old age. It was about to die.

Ammothrawen chastised her and then demanded she go back out to get a wild boar. Not only a wild boar but the leader of a sounder (herd). Seryne protests that she has no fangs like an elder fey ri. Ammo doesn't care one bit. She says to her to get it or quit the program.

Men and women are fairly equal in Elder fey'ri society but have separate positions. That's also displayed quite pointedly with Circle member Ran. Men are definitely in control of some things while women are most definitely in control of other things. A mans home is his castle. Anyone entering an elder feyri's home without it could be killed by either the husband or wife without so much as a blink from society.

Ranherself is in the highest position of government. She can make the rules for the whole of Elder Fey'ri society or vote with the five other circle members. She is a ruler, however when she comes home she is subservient to her husband who is a farmer and a black eye meaning not samurai and not afforded a level in government. Hes a peasant.

There are many other eccentricities within the race including how men and women find partners. A lot of it is written into the novels. Giving players a good feel for these unique people.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon