Darts at the Inn
This forum is for anyone to put their PC's stories down for other servers than Anchorome and Harvestmoon both long dead. Many may read them and get some inspiration for their own characters or for dming from their adventures.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Darts at the Inn

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Catarnos stretches his arms and puts them behind his head, "Well my names Catarnos, Most just call me Cat. My family sometimes calls me Catarnos the Displaced. Why? Cause I really was displaced.
You see I was raised by a human family. In fact, 3 generations of them. When I was a wee child, I was left at a doorstep. I guess my real parents left me there or at least one of them. No one knows why. Mayhap they were in a heap of trouble or something.
The Wickets took me in. I don't remember much about the old man and woman. When they died, I passed to their son. Guess I was about 5 human years of so when he took over caring for me.
Now the old man's son went by the name of Tomkin Wicket married a nice caring girl too. Tomkin was a forester and took me with him on his forays with the nobility. I learned to walk quiet, shoot a bow and lots of forester things at least until they had children on their own. Tomkin started taking out his sons when they grew up and I fell by the wayside so to speak. Janice his wife took me up and I helped her at the homestead most the time after that. She was real good at snaring rabbits and small game. She was good at making traps too for the mice seeing we didn't have any cats or anything there. Tomkin hated cats. Ole Janice took a real liking to me and taught me how to make all kinds of stuff to catching critters. Sadly, Tomkin and Janice grew old. I was sorry to see both at the end and me still being so young. They both died when I was bout 11 or 12 by human standards.
Their daughter, Glory, took me up from there. She was educated at the local city. She was a locksmith. She started getting so much business that she needed help. She knew I was a smart one, so she trained me for that, and I helped her in her business. We did good but she never married or had any children. She was kinda funny bout that too cause she beat me pretty badly every once in a while when I figured out the birds and the bees stuff and started looking around at all the pretty girls.
I buried her just last year. I coulda stuck around I guess, there were other family members that would take me in. I just wanted to leave cause I got this thirst to see what else there is you know. So I packed up my things and went off to see my other kin to the east. The Silvernesti. I spent some weeks there. They're in some sorry shape let me tell you. Didn't like them one bit either. Too haughty and high classed. They may wear rags at least the poor ones do but they got that look to them. You know like they got their noses up their arses cause other folk are too barbarian for em.
I did get me some supplies there and there it started. I become a bounty hunter and sometimes scout for the local nobles. I live like I want. Made some coin here and there. Live out in forest and on the road free to do as I please with no one to tell me I got to do this or that. That's the way I like it. I get me enough coin maybe I'll take up a place far enough from the locals that they won't be bothering me cause neighbors are bad for your hairline always snooping in your business like you are lady. But you got me settled that's the only reason I'm talking to you."
The Woman nods to him, "Thank you, Cat. I'll leave you in peace now."
She gets up and turns for the door, "Hey now! I gave you my name what's yours?"
The woman turns back his way for just a moment, "The barmaid will give you my name at any rate so I will tell you. It's Aiauta."
She throws her hood over her head and leaves the inn.
Cat sits back wondering if perhaps the woman is a kindred spirit. He shrugs his shoulders and gets a room for the night for tomorrow there is more coin to make and more sights to see."
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon