Cyr Stafford
This forum is for anyone to put their PC's stories down for other servers than Anchorome and Harvestmoon both long dead. Many may read them and get some inspiration for their own characters or for dming from their adventures.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Cyr Stafford

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The two stare at each other across the campfire. One a tall human woman with a shaven head. She is tanned by the sun. Upon her crown is a single blue ring. It is a mark of a freewoman in the country of Mulhorand.

The other is a smallish male moon elven five foot one-inch-tall of bluish skin and green eyes marked by gold flakes. His long black hair is dirty. He grins at her.

Both are dressed in heavy furs as the cold desert expanse surrounds them. Tomorrow, they have decided to split yet there are things need to be said between them. The woman is the one to start.

“Cyr. I see you many reflections. You tell stories but never your story. I want to know?”

The elven looks up at Selune a moment and back to the woman whose name is Arelush. “A lot has happened. I am glad you are alive. I may have starved already.”

“We both hunt.”

“You have become the better of us in that regard, Arelush. So many have died.”

“All die but us. Giants, cold. Now we are close to human lands, yes?”

Cyr brings up his sextet and reads the stars doing calculations on his sleeve. “A half day south. Full day southeast or southwest. I will go Southeast. I want to see one of the captain’s old haunts. You want the first forest you see. Travel southeast and avoid the great swamps of Vaasa.”

“Aye. I know the land and how to walk now. Will do as you tell. I do not want to see old things of Captain. She is gone, many centuries now. I want your story. To remember you.”

Cyr sighs but nods, “And so I will tell you.” Arelush waits as he pulls the captain’s pipe out of his jacket and lights it. Something she gave him to remember her by. He lights and takes a draw from it, then begins.

“I was born in a place called the Dalelands. A small village in the forest. A happy place. When I was young. I used to go out at night and go to other villages. It was a safe forest for the most part. I knew the paths. I did like to travel as far as I could. It started when I was about ninety years. My parents thought I would become a priest of Moonbow since I loved walking the forest paths a night and go to other villages and meet the people.

My parents well that is where the story really starts. You see Arelush. My mother was elven like me but my father he was half-elven. His father was human. That’s why I have a human last name. They ran the general store for the village. We made a profit. Had a good life. There was one tribe in the area though that hated humans. The Veluuthah tribe. They usually kept to themselves and rarely came to our village because of my father. You see the Veluuthah were radical elves that followed the one we call the lone wolf. A god called Fenmarel. To become a man a Veluuthah boy had to kill a human to prove his worth. Sad really such racism among the elves but in a way understandable. Because humans often took elven lands for themselves once they got too big for their borders.

Well, it seems when I was about 110 my father had some trouble with one of the families in the village that would not pay for what they bought. He had many arguments with them. They were known to consort with the Veluuthah. I am not really sure what happened but one night the Veluuthah attacked our home. They killed father and then raped and killed mother for being a lover of a half-breed.

I was so scared, but a beam of moonlight shone through the window upon me in my room. One of the men of the tribe busted my door down and looked all around the room including staring straight at me. Arelush he could not see me. They search the house all over for the next hour some came into the room, but none could see me. I think because of the moonbeam. They left. Near morning a traveling priest of Selune noticed the broken door to my home. He found me crying over my mother’s body.

He took me to the nearest temple. My emotions. I do not know how I could describe them. I guess it would be haunted by what I saw and heard that night. I think it was shock. I could not believe that my cousins no matter how religiously insane could kill our own and do such vile acts.

It did not take me long to find Selune’s embrace and so I became an acolyte and the church sent me to school.”

“There is more. Much more. I see in your eyes there is much left unsaid? You say there a difference from Moonbow and Selune. Captain say they one and the same?”

“You have to remember Arelush our dear captain was a fanatical worshiper of Sehanine Moonbow who lived among humans most of her life. I do not doubt her faith or her reasoning but sometimes beliefs are untrue.”

Arelush nods to him, “Then what next for Lieutenant? Tell me the story?”
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Re: Cyr Stafford

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Cyr takes another draw on the pipe and then blows some smoke up in the air. The cold wind takes it quickly away from the area with the campfire smoke. He thinks about the fire and how they are exposed but without it they would not last the cold night. He then turns his attention to the former Mulhorandi slave.

“I had a hard time at school not only being the only elven but also understanding all the philosophy and ceremonies. I struggled. Halfway through school the headmistress came to me. She told me that even though I do have some understanding I could never be within the higher ranking of the church because I would never understand enough of the deeper meaning of lady Selune.

It broke my heart Arelush. I told the headmistress. I told her that I was not strong enough to be a knight, not smart enough to be a wizard, not pretty enough to be a bard, nor tough enough to be a monk and now, now you tell me that I am not wise enough to be a priest. What am I to do?

She looked at me surprised by my reaction. Said to me that I was in fact wrong. That I was to become a traveling lay priest or chaplain. She told me to go from temple to temple to lend aid to the head of the temples. She told me to pick up skills of other trades because even though I would never be great in any of those things I have enough to be good in most. She told me that I was still one of the church, just not able to find the deeper meanings of Selune and that I still have value to the greater cause.”

Arelush looks confused, “I do not understand?”

“A priest becomes a priest through visions and callings and miracles. Selune preformed a miracle for me that night and from then on, I would have visions of her at revelry. So even though I am not wise enough to become a high priest I am wise enough to do the goddesses work in other ways. I do wedding, funerals, I watched over the captain and led Selune’s reflection every new moon as you know. I do the little things a traveling lay priest does.”

Arelush concentrates hard and says, “So you do little things too small for high priestess?”

“Yes, so you get it.”

“Aye I do. You were happy in this?”

“I was. I traveled all around place to place, country to country. Selune and the church guiding me. I carried the churches letters to each other. I stopped along the way to help with services or do services when there was a sick priest or there were to many for them to handle. Meanwhile I learned. I learned about history from mages. How to hide, trap, and move silently through the woods from huntsman. I learned how to talk to others from other priests and merchants.”

“That why you make all deals for the captain?”

“Yes, she was better at values. She always knew what something was worth and what profit she could make from it. I knew how to close the deal whether with a shady merchant or grumpy harbormaster.”

“So, you do all this many years. How did you meet captain?”

Cyr covers his eyes with his hand and sheds a tear. Arelush takes it calmly and waits for the love of their captain was plain to all who knew the crew. Cyr collects himself then continues with the new story.

“I did not meet the captain at first. I met her wife. Christy another sun elf and paladin of Horus-Re. She came to a service as if looking for something. She listens to my sermon with some interest then stayed after the service. She talked to me at great length about her family, odd as it was and that she was looking for a ship's chaplain.

I was perplexed that a family of elves could create a shipping company among the Mulhorandi and be respected for their status. It is quite an amazing feat. I spoke with the head priestess of Selune’s and got permission to do so being that many of Selune’s temples are close to ports. She is after all a goddess of travel and navigators. I was not prepared for what Christy and the husband had in mind.

You see the captain was out for the next year going port to port selling cargo and picking more up. Meanwhile they sent me to officer’s school. Again, I had a very hard time. Especially with my numbers and navigation. But this time Arelush; I worked so hard day and night. Even when to Zard the captain’s husband to help with the navigation points. I made ensign in six months and lieutenant in a year.

The captain was late at her arrival date which worried both Christy and Zard. The captain worked the ship. Christy and Zard ran the business at home. I became a lieutenant a full month before she came home. So, Christy and Zard put me to work in the yard to get a feel for the men. I was in fact happy that most worshipped Selune. The company only hired people of good humor. So, you have many Selunites along with those of Bastet and Horus-re.

When I first met the captain, she was enraged that her husband and wife conspired to have a moon elven priest as a lieutenant. I used the skills I learned to calm her down. From then on, I was her lieutenant with a 10-year contract. I learned about her. Quickly discerned her mental condition and of course watched over her when she danced to Sehanine. Then we sailed through the mist at the island of Lurath. You know the rest.”

“You come to love her. All see this.”

“Aye, I did. But as you know she would not fraternize with crew.”

“Was difficult.”

“Not for the first six years or so but after that, Aye t'was.”

“Difficult for all. I shall remember and honor her for buying me and making free woman.”

“I failed. I lost everyone on this journey.”

“Is difficult circumstances. We all fight hard. We die along way. Is life is it not?”

Cyr tears up again, “It is life, Arelush. That it is. We will honor our dead here. I’ll leave the sextet behind with a note on all we lost.”
“Wrap in skins and bury it. We are their memory. Get some sleep. We have a busy morning and a long day.”
“Yes, sir.”

In the morning Cyr leads a funeral service for the whole of the crew along with their captain. The captain sent them here, but both know her fate. Cyr carries the letters the captain wrote to her husband and wife explaining what happened. They take the sextet and a note with all the names of the crew except themselves and place it with the device. Wrapping it in skins they bury it releasing some of the tensions of losing so many over the last 7 years. The two shake hands. One moving to the southwest toward the Ride. The other southeast toward Narfell.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Cyr picks up a small journal from one of the open market merchants in Peltarch. Going back into the common room of the Inn he writes.

Journal entry I

I have been to Narfell for about a week, and what a week it has been. My first task was to sign in with the local temple of Selune run by human by the name of Lady Aurora Moonbeam and her…. how should I say this……? ward Miss Moonpie. It was a standard affair. They now know I am a traveling priest within the area and plan to be here for some time. I just did or do not know how long, which will be explained later.

After introductions at the shrine, I made my way to the local in along the commerce district. The first two people I met there were a woman by the name of Raazi and a knightly figure that prefers to call himself Reemul. There is where I was informed that the year was 1372. That’s two and a quarter centuries before the target date. The question is what to do. Should I move on to Shou because I always wanted to see the fabled land, or do I stay here? I am not sure currently. Perhaps Selune will guide my feet on what to do. All I know at this point is I must wait to deliver the letters and ceremonial sword the captain gave me. I will deliver them in the year 1595. The year we fell into the mist, so I do have time to think about it.

Reemul does not play much into the last week I have been venturing. Raazi however does. She is a worshipper of Beshaba, an evil goddess of misfortune. I talked to her much on the subject of her goddess and what happens to people that descend into the lower planes once they die. She seemed both confused and irritated by my revelations. It was then I could see she had second thoughts about the one she follows. I told her to question everything on faith without introducing my own faith to her. I did not feel it necessary as of yet. Too soon to start to proselytize to her.

At first, I felt I was making good progress with her, however things changed just before I had to go back to help priestess Moonbeam for the next ten days with services and other menial work for the temple. Just before I left, I suggested for her to do something good just for the hell of it: No coin or prestige just a good deed and to come back and tell me how she felt about it.

Well, she threw out some suggestions, but every suggestion entailed helping someone by hurting another. A bard by the name of Cormac played heavily into her thoughts when offering up suggestions. I tried to steer the conversation away from helping by hurting but she did not get it or did not want to. She is a person who has mutilated herself for her own goddess with cuts and burns on her arms. She also seems to do the strangest of things. She needs help but I need to be very cautious with her. I do not know if she can even be turned to loving life and the good things about it. I have also figured out that she does not worship Beshaba because of some enlightenment or cherishment. She only worships the goddess to stay from her retribution. It is a sad life to live. I also have to be careful about her words. She often lies overtly. You have to take her word with a grain of salt and mull it over to figure out truth from the lies she tells.

Raazi also paid me when she first saw me to go to a woman in town named Sebrienne. Sebrienne is a mage. Raazi told me to have her make a snowball and once I have it to throw it at her. I took a chance seeing this would be some playful stunt and agreed. A few days later I met Sebrienne. She was delighted to make a snowball for me to which I threw it at her hitting her square while saying, “Regards from Raazi.”

Sebrienne laughed and said she would get payback. Later during the week, she did. I saw it and smiled. It was indeed good fun and both parties seemed to enjoy it.

The third person I met was a half-elven woman with skin and hair as black as coal. I had to ask her if she was Ilythiir. I have never seen one. I asked nicely and she took it also well. I found out her people are from a continent far to the west and south. Her skin comes from her human father’s people. Her name is Thau’lira. She is a cleric of Corellen and a very pleasant woman to hang with. She tends to be more serious about her work and a loner. At least that is what I perceive at this time. I do enjoy her company.

For the last week I have been helping the local populace with kobolds, goblins and undead near Norwich a town with a high dwarven population. I’m making about 50 to 100 coin a day which is close to what I made as a ship’s lieutenant. Once while looking for traces of disappearing people with a group, we cleaned up a whole batch of undead and goblins near Norwich. I took the money and bought some better equipment so that I may add to both the churches and my own coffers.

There was another incident where two women who I did not know pulled me to the docks. One to which name I found out later is Isolde. Sebrienne, Reemul and a dower bard by the name of Cormac were also among the group. I must say the river pilots here are not that smart. More came with us after two of the river boats crashed into each other. I braced myself for I knew what was coming but was too far from the wheel to do anything about it.

The group was looking for a fey creature that stole memories. We found and dispatched her back to her own plane after fighting brigands and pirates that she had charmed. We saved a child that had been captured but I quickly realized he really isn’t a child. I am not sure what or who he is but his words betrayed a deeper age. Isolde and he have some form of business relationship.

Once back on the ship the child tried to hire several of us as mercenaries. He explained to us that he represents some form of guild that wants to study abnormalities that appear in the area from the planes. He also said there is a competing guild that wants to destroy all of them. I told him I would not do it unless sanctioned by the church of Selune.

I cannot see who is in the right and who is in the wrong on this endeavor until I have more information. Thus, I cannot choose one guild over another. I would also ask what does the child mean by experimentation? That could mean a lot of things including things against another sentient being. There was too little information for me to take to Lady Aurora.

I have met a few other people but do not have a feel for them yet. I mentioned the Bard Cormac. I have spoken with him. For a bard he doesn’t say much but grunts a lot. He’s a brooding individual. Raazi seems to think he is cursed. I’ve also met a monk by the name of Samwell and a good dwarven by the name of Faenor among some others that made little impression on me as of yet except a very rude woman that worships Tempus by the name of Lenwig who squatted down in the public forum did her business there much like a sailor on a ship aft.

There is also a woman of shadows here. Raazi called her Verika. I signed to the woman, and she answered me with sign. I cannot say what or who she is at this time but will be cautious with her.

After the incident with the child, I saw several people talking with an unusual guard at the docks. He wore blue and white armor and had a badge. A familiar badge. I listened in on the conversation. He called Isolde a lieutenant and quicky picked out the same badge on her.

I think it's best for me to avoid any contact with the group as a whole rather than any individual within the group. The circumstances to which I came to Narfell are a bit strange and tangling with the arcane is not my thing. I’m a lay priest not a wizard. Hopefully there will be no incidents that have them questioning. Life should be experienced. Looking back is good sometimes but I do not want to drown myself or chain myself to the past.

Cyr stops writing and reads it again nodding to himself thinking, ‘that will do for now’ at the last minute he writes.

Since there are now…. will be two of me soon and I want to stay well away from the inner sea I have taken the name Jonny so that I may continue anonymously until my other sails into the mist off the island of Lurath in the year 1594.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 2

I must make two corrections from my first journal entry.

The first is that Sebrienne is not a mage but a Sorceress. I had a long talk with her with several others. A new woman by the name of Thyr' (a wild elven that is familiar with the Eldreth Veleethrual and Cormac) Sebrienne told me her story of living on an island south of Calimsham when a typhoon hit them killing her parents and destroying their home. She was rescued and taken to a monastery at 5 or 6. Her sorcery bloomed much too early and the monks sequestered her for her own safety.

She seems to have had much trouble at the monastery. She told me she escaped at age 16 and made her way to Narfell.

The other correction I need to make is about this Verika. As I said in my first journal entry Raazi called a woman of shadow, Verika. I come to find out at the same meeting that Verika only has one arm and at one time was the leader or in the leadership of a city underground called Oscure. So the woman of shadow could not be this Verika for she had both her arms.

I had two days between my work at the temple so at first, I helped with controlling The Kobold population down in the swamp near Pilchard. I found the cave they breed in however did not go very far into the cave itself. I also helped the city of Norwich with their goblin and undead infestations.

In between I met Raazi on several occasions and did my best to council her about her misgivings. Again, I did not even mention Selune. It is because I want to come to her own conclusion that following another would be a much better life than following an evil goddess. There are times I made some progress with her at other times I do not think I made a dent.

On one of the occasions, I met a Hin druidess by the name of Marty. At the time I was looking for milk for my services. She offered to shapechange into a cow and that I could milk her. At first, I did not know what to say and was very embarrassed. I told her honestly that I did not know how to milk a cow.

Marty laughed and explained everything to me. She then turned back into a cow for me to..........umm practice. Raazi suggested that I just yank and pull-on Marty's (how should I say it) Utter. I then commented back to her that, "Would you like me to yank and pull on you?" Raazi seemed to take that as a come on, so I had to ignore her while milking Marty.

I did what she told me to do. To start at the top of the protrusions gently squeeze and slide down the protrusions. Well, it worked. I took the bowl of milk to the table and consecrated it. There was some discussion about when Marty changed back into a Hin if the milk changed from cow milk to Hin milk. I believe Raazi started that conversation. To tell truth I did not know and was mildly disgusted that it may have changed. Still, it was consecrated milk and I poured it on the alter come moonrise that night. I did learn a valuable skill with the two of them and things turned out well enough.

Some members of the adventuring population also took me on a gnoll hunt. Raazi and Cormac were among them along with an elven by the name of Iviie. He seems to also use a longbow primarily. The gnolls seemed to either like my scent or were trying to avoid Raazi's scent. They tried going after me first when they saw me ducking and dodging behind the trees and shadows. I was wounded severely when realizing I did not stock up on healing potions and my limited spells would not protect me well enough. I managed to stay alive by being somewhat cautious while still being of some value to the team itself getting good hits with my bow occasionally.

When all was done, we made quite a bit of coin at least 750.

Later I found Thau'lira in trance standing in the middle of the public square. I watched over her just as I watched over the captain when she danced. She woke up just as I was getting worried that she had been in trance too long. All turned out well and we talked much on the goings on of people. She also suggested I look up an organization called the Far Scouts.

I also met a half-elven woman who is a fervent worshipper of Mielikki. Nice to know someone out there watching out for nature. I am not sure if she is druid, priestess or ranger but she was very pleasant. I forget her name.

Doing all this priestly work with the temple and with my Raazi project; I can feel my faith growing a bit stronger. Perhaps Selune will bless me with a bit of new understanding soon. Only patience and time will tell.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal Entry 3

I was released by the temple for a couple of days to meet the people of Pilchard and surrounding areas. In those two days I found many revelations. Some were positive and some very upsetting. I will start with my concerns for the region and populace to the more positive things that came about.

On the first day of my leave, I joined a group of adventurers seeking a stolen necklace. I was told the necklace was non-magical but a very expensive piece. It had something to do with either a prominent family of the city or the crown itself. We quickly found out that the necklace was going to be exchanged within a glade in a nearby forest.

Luckily, we came upon the glade early. There were no others there. One of the mages turned us invisible and we hid. The first people to come into the glad after us was a particularly nasty little gnome and his guards. He waited around while his guards checked the area out. There was a moment when I thought we would be discovered but the magic held, and we stayed hidden.

After a time, the buyer came with his men. The gnome seemed to have a dim view of the opposite sex and chided his buyer for having women bodyguards. After several exchanges we leaped out of hiding. One of the gnome's guards was paralyzed. The others were killed including the gnome, buyer and all the other guards.

Here is where things get murky. We had the necklace and one paralyzed guard. When the spell wore off, I walked up to the guard. I told him he was outnumbered and to lay down his arms. To which he did. He fully surrendered to us. However, that did not suffice for one member of our group. She is called Princess Reyanne. This princess questioned the guard. Once done she struck him down in cold blood. I was quite remiss because I had persuaded him to surrendered in the first place. Yet this Reyanne took justice into her own hands and killed him out of hand.

To this day the scene upsets me. I did not know how bloodthirsty the crown is in these lands. I will seek counsel with the high priestess when I get the chance. I am also remorse in that I am the one that convinced the guard to put down his sword. He trusted me that he would not be harmed at least until there was a trial.

What kind of villainess would cut down an unarmed man for doing a job he was probably trying to feed his family with? I know that patience, practicality and empathy is part of the creed of Selune but wrong is wrong. I will seek counsel with the high priestess when finished with temple duty on this situation.

I found more about the Far scouts and what I found out made me hesitate on joining. I met a hin by the name of Ros. Who also happens to be a representative of the dock district to the crown. She had once been a member of the Far scouts and counseled me on what they are about. She said that they are very secretive and often as much stand against the crown rather than for it. She then told me a story of a man called by the Far Scouts smoke who set a trap for an enemy of the city using fire elementals. The fire elementals got out of control and started burning the local village where the trap was sprung. This smoke had no regard for the citizens nor their property. His overriding mission to stop the enemy was too important to him.

Ros herself and another put a stop to the elementals against his orders. She told me thats when she left the Far Scouts. It seems I must take a step back from trying to contact any within this organization and get more information on them and think carefully about my future choices.

I met Raazi on the first night of my outing. She took me to a cave system where both she and other people live. One of the rooms held an alter and statue to Selune. There was fur all over the place and belladonna plants grew in abondance there. I asked if a good lycanthrope lived there. Raazi seemed somewhat confused but eventually told me that yes, some form of were creature once lived here.

After talking with another I found out the were creature and her daughter lived there but was long retired. This other person called the cave the fuzzy cave. I would like to meet this lycanthrope and perhaps get her story. Perhaps aid her in any way I may for Selune loves all non-evil lycanthropes like her own children.

I was somewhat pleased that Raazi took me to the cave. She did not need to and I knew nothing about the cave itself. She helped someone without coin nor for prestige. She did it because she wanted to with no reward. Whether she knows it or not her outlook on life seems to be changing for the better.

With a heavy coin bag, I traded in both my boots and sword for better. I bought boots of striding and a silver longsword that will hurt both lycanthropes and undead.

I did some training with Thyr a wild half-elven girl of the mercenary class. I found my combat skills woefully inept. I need to practice more. I love that Thyr took some time to spar and teach me a bit. Our styles are very different; however, I believe she can teach me much in the future.

And finally, the best of news in a long time. I have found a greater depth of understanding in my faith. It is a small step after some 60 odd years but a step in the right direction. My tending to others has strengthened my faith and understanding of Selune and she has rewarded me with more insight. I would like to look at the headmistress's face if she would know this. I would have made her very proud.

Looking at this entry I wonder what the captain would think of me now. Without the stress of leading a crew on a shift I am becoming more me. No longer the lieutenant with a host of worries to make a profit and make sure all the men are good in their faith and doing their jobs. With much less responsibility I am free to be more empathizing to the people of Narfell. I would guess it would depend upon what the captain wore at the time I told her. I hope she found her way to the gates of the moon and to her love's arms. I still love the old gal, myself but she is right. Eventually, I will find a girl to dance for me. Not because she needs my protection but because she chose me to be with her under Selune's light.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal Entry 4

I had two days off from temple duty to further explore the surrounding lands and its people. I was quickly grabbed up by a group to explore an old tower filled with bandits in the cold northern lands. We had to bypass many ingenious traps which I found too complex for me to disarm. Luckily a halfling with a deeper knowledge of locks and traps was there to lend aid.

After we killed the bandit leader, we found a machine at the top of the tower. There was a forcefield in front of it. The forcefield was opaque. We could not see beyond it. One of the mages discerned from the writings on the controls that the alcove the field protected contained crystal skulls. Most of them dead but some still held magic. That was a great concern to some who seemed to have experimented with like skulls in the past. We laid down cushioning. There was a druidess among us that changed into a polar bear and laid down among the towels and extra clothing we placed before the barrier. When all that was finished one of the people worked the controls and turned off the forcefield. The skulls that were suspended all fell and rolled along the cushioning and we caught them as they came to us beyond the former barrier plane.

Our job seemed to be finished and we returned to the city and divided our loot. I received a very good set of padded armor along with a highly magicked shield.

And yet with all this it wasn't the most important part of the mission for me. You see the princess was with us and I watched her carefully in case any of the bandits gave up. One in fact did in fact in front of the tower to which he was guarding. It just so happens that she was not the one I had to worry about this time. A mage attacked the surrendered bandit. This time I stepped in between and put a stop to it, evoking the name of Selune.

This time the bandit was taken captive. I do not know what became of him, however I hope he is alive and has found a better life now that he has seen mercy.

Later that night I came across Raazi passed out drunk on the inn patio. I saw nits in her hair so undid her braids and comb them out as I would do another crew member on the ship. I then braided her tresses back up but did not know the how to put it back in the original style again so gave her the standard dread knots of a sailor. I then watched over her so no harm would come to her.

Unfortunately, when she woke up and discovered what I had done she decided she did not like it. So, I took the tight weaves out of her hair and combed it straight for her to do what she wanted with it. When I was done, I sat back down. She calmly got up and attacked me with a barrage of magic. She drained my lifeforce, magically cursed me and further drained my strength and agility.

Luckily, I am a priest and was able to restore myself partially after she left in a huff. Thau'lira came and helped me to the temple lighthouse where High priestess Aurora restored me fully and checked other magical ailments Raazi may have inflicted upon me that I may not be able to discern. It took several hours for me to recover but eventually I healed from the necromancies and felt myself again.

Over the rest of my leave, I quietly contemplated the encounter. I have come to the conclusion and discovery that Raazi's biggest problem is not her goddess but was drawn to her goddess by something else.

Raazi suffers from an ailment of psychosis. She has no empathy for anything or anyone but herself. All the signs are there. The self-mutilation, the way she lies to put on an innocent face, the fact that she has shut off her own past from her on conscience. Without any kind of empathy for another I very much doubt I can set her on a path to being cured of her afflictions nor do I think I can truly get her to question herself or her faith in her goddess. Also, the reason she has given me conflicting answers about why she worships Bashaba.

There may be a high priest or priestess of Selune that could work with her to lead her on a better path, but I humbly know that I would never be that priest for I will never have the deep understanding of a high priest. There is only one way I could help her and that is with a wish spell. To wish her a strong empathy with anyone she unjustly harms. It would be the only way I could make her feel guilt.

Not even the captain could find a wish spell to correct her affliction. There is little chance of me finding such, however if opportunity and chance brings a wish to my favor, I will use it to give Raazi empathy for others. In that way I will have done a small part in making the lands in which I live now a better place.

The next thing that happened is Thyr (the wild elven warrior woman) showed up again and asked if I would spar with her again with rapiers. And so, we did. This time in two bouts she took longer to knock me out and I scored a single cut light cut on her the first bout: several, one much deeper on the second bout. We were both elated by my improvement.

We then went to the inn and sat next to each other by the fire in the back room. I told her a story about the captain. She seemed entranced as we sipped on our drinks for quite a few candles. I'm now not sure what to think of Thyr. She seems to like me. She has a pleasant manner about her and like me seems to come from near the same roots.

When she tired, she talked about perhaps next time we meet we find somewhere to dance. It seems she hasn't for a long time. I think I would like that. She is a follower of Father Corellon.

In the last hours of my sabbatical away from the humdrum of daily duty I explored the west. I found crypts full of undead. I was able to clean the first parts out until I caught the eye of a ghoul ravager. I could not destroy him, so I fled. It will take a well-equipped party to clean these crypts out. I also found a cave system full of orcs. Here I made better progress but still had to flee when the champions set their eyes upon me. I also found a set of sea caves. Here I only saw one creature. I don't even know what to call it. It looked like some form of golem. It saw me and threw a lightning ball or some form of electrical attack from a distance.

That one attack nearly killed me outright. Through the pain I prayed and hid within sanctuary. Now invisible to the creature (whatever it was) I fled back to town.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 5

Much has happened in the last few days since I have been released to roam the lands with the populace. 10 days of temple duty did me well.

First: I have started a relationship with the woman I sat by the fire with, Thyr. She is a good elven woman that has taught me much about fencing over the last weeks. We went to the ferret and drank into the night. After which, we went to the back rooms to get more acquainted. She still wants to do a picnic. I like that idea and look for a place that sells oils so we may massage one another some warm afternoon. It seems the start of a good relationship. Could I love her? Perhaps. She is as I have written a wonderful person, full of optimism for the future.

Then there is Janna. During my leave I came upon George a human defender and Perom a gnome with a knack for magic. These two were accused of killing one Janna's brother even though the evidence suggested that her brother was killed by his own machines.

As the story goes Yurie her brother developed golems in the city. These golems were constructed around a brain that was taken out of a person and placed inside the golem. His own machines killed him as he worked under someone named Victor and another. The city itself was taken aback and had adventurers destroy them. Which seems to include George and Perom somehow.

As we sat near the inn George and Perom received a letter letting them know Janna had the city of Norwick held captive. She had within her possession something called a weave bomb. In the letter she charged George and Perom of killing her brother and wrote that she would use the bomb to destroy Norwick unless the two came down to face execution.

We went down there along with Meadow and Tatyana. Isolde was also there Two women with match my skills in certain areas. We found Janna with her weave bomb in the city council building. We fought her golems then spoke to her. I quickly realized that she did not seem a person that would want to hurt others. I tried to persuade her to step away from the bomb and give up. I found out that speaking of her brother or family was a bad idea. I in fact enraged her further. Isolde took over negotiations, however Janna started to flip switches on the bomb.

Something finally happened. I can't remember what because I was focused on how to persuade her from flipping the last switch. Tatyana somehow got her away from the machine. Janna teleported out. Tatyana disarmed and dismantled the bomb. All was well for the moment, however Janna said it would be better to get revenge on Pilchard by placing her last bomb there before she was whisked away by her spell.

A few days later many who were involved in the Janna incident gathered at the Whisper Inn. I was carried with them to where Janna killed their fiend. There was a minister there talking to one of the lead guards by the name of Hanna. The minister, a woman that no one seems to like left quickly. With Hanna was a far scout called Coyote. Coyote left after the group spoke to him a few minutes. We interrogated Hanna for a few minutes about strange things happening in the gaol. She then was dismissed by one of the defenders and we investigated the disturbance.

There we found a form of reflection of things past. Like a ghost we saw Janna kill or lock the guards up in the cells. George and Perom coming in behind. She apparently wished to break her brother out of jail. In the last room she encountered Victor along with her dead brother's body. They spoke insults to each other then he teleported out. She left the room and found Sam. They fought.

Sam was severely wounded by Janna. She straddled him. They spoke. when they were done, she finished the job and killed him. Here is another moment when I found suspect her true motives. After she killed Sam, she seemed to feel both rage and guilt. She jumped up and started beating the walls with her fists in a fit. When she was spent, She saw George and Perom on her heels. She then fled back to the last room. The three of them stopped and spoke of a moment then she teleported out of the room. That was the end.

The group went back to the Inn and discussed what we saw. Some thought she was possessed and tried to connect it with Cormac's condition. I had my doubts but kept it to myself. We decided our next move was to go to Janna's family farm and investigate to see if she had fixed her golem or had the bomb there. But that was for another day.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal Entry 6

I'm back at temple and have been overwhelmed over the last 10-day reprieve from the temple. I will make several entries due to all the events happening. The three major things are The Janna problem is over. That will be the first thing I write about. I must speak about the skald Cormac and his current condition, and I have started a relationship with a young mercenary woman by the name of Thyr. First the Janna situation.

A group of us were sitting around the local inn in the commons when information came out that the king had sent the far scouts to assassinate, Janna. Both George and Perom were there along with Isolde, Meadow, Tatyanna, Nuwairah and others. We gathered together and made a plan. It seemed that stored in the castle were some of Janna'a memory orbs she used to remember her brother's words with. We went there and unpacked a fairly large machine. Tatyanna was able to somehow read it and make the machine smaller with the gears of a trap I provided. Once we tested it we took the caravan to the village where Janna grew up.

The first thing we found there were far scouts. I tried to convince them that we should go in before they but had little luck in persuading them. George However got their leader Coyote to come to us. George managed to convince Coyote to let us try to deal with Janna first.

I think everyone of our group wished to capture Janna without bloodshed which was good. Once the far scouts were dealt with and backed down, Meadow scry for Janna using something Isolde gave her. We found out that she was at the Inn. I said that maybe I should change into my robes so as to not seem aggressive. George thought that was a brilliant idea and had many of the others lose their armor and hide their weapons.

We assembled and went into the inn like normal people. Perom wanted to bust the door down and get everyone out so we were alone with her. Many of us however did not agree and George grabbed him by the collar to control the gnome.

Nuwairah sent a child or two home quietly before we went to the upper floors to see Janna. At the top of the stairwell, we spread out along the first rooms. Someone used the sphere to call her brother's voice. I prepared myself to meet the needs of Janna so that I could convince her to surrender. Her brothers voice seemed to upset her from behind a closed room door. She did something and connected us all with her mind. Meadow and another railed against the psion summoning and disappeared. The rest of us were fully subject to the visions of her mind.

We went hall after hall as she showed us visions of her life past. Her brother defending her time after time because others thought her a freak. All the while I spoke with her ignoring everyone else. I opened up to her. supporting her at times, challenging her at others by what she chooses to show us of her memories. Sometimes I would use logic to make her think on different terms than that path she showed.

We came across her hatred on one occasion and had to defeat it. Many choose to fight it directly. It appeared as a red elemental like demon. I too engaged it then thought better. You cannot fight anger with a sword. I stopped and spoke to her. Others took the cue and also engaged her. I used the best of my knowledge and training to try to calm her.

You never really know if you help someone in this way until the end of the journey. Sometimes I mess this up so badly trying to heal someone. I have a little experiance but also have so much to learn. I always hope I am doing better than harm for dealing with the infirm of mind is a tricky thing.

After we defeated her hate, we stumbled upon the real reason she was so attached to her brother and so messed up in her head. It was her abusive father. Her father also considered Janna a freak. He wouldn't beat her up. He took it out on Yurie. He would beat Yurie all the time. Taunt him to take a sword up and beat him sometimes to within an inch of the boys life. Yurie always stood up for his sister.

Then one day Their father got into them again. Janna crying against a corner. The father beating on Yurie. Janna was sure he was going to kill her brother this time. She let out a psion blast and killed him. Here was where her true pain lied.

Once she let it out by showing us, we comforted her as best we could. We found ourselves back in the hallway. Janna was also there sitting on the ground. I came over to her. Held her hand and just looked into her eyes with all the compassion I could give. In time. She gave herself up.

I still visit her every chance I get, in gaol while she awaits trial. She may be hanged or have a large prison sentence, but she is of sound mind now. She is also working on healing the scars. I quietly read or just listen to her so I may help her work through it.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 7

I wanted to write a bit about Thyr. She is the woman that turned my head from the last woman I loved. And don't know really how it happened. The captain had always been on my mind since our parting. She knew I had fallen in love with her years before. Even threatened to fire me, although at the time we were in a distant land and could not. That captain already had a husband, wife and a courtly love relationship with a noblewoman from Cormyr. She would also use whores and gigolos from time to time when at distant ports. We even bought some for her from time to time when she got cranky. Unfortunately, one of her golden rules on the ship was she would never fraternize with the crew. Nor would she allow me to Fraternize. As far as the common sailors she didn't care but no officer could take up a relationship with a crew member. She had her ways. and I accepted them.

The only thing that haunted me about her was having to stand guard while she danced for Sehanine in her moon dress. She danced for the goddess and her true love Alluin. She knew what she was doing too. Her exotic body and deep bronze skin undulating in perfect time with a tune in her head. Who wouldn't fall in love with her. watching that every full moon, year after year. I lasted I think 5 years before my thoughts changed about her. Still she didn't know until after our shipwreck then she would have me where a storm harness at the wheel so she would be safe.

She is long dead now. And now Thyr has made some serious advances toward me. We have gone to a place she likes and made love several times now. The question is: Am I just an infatuation or is she looking for something more? I am not sure yet. Is she just a current infatuation for me?

No, I could make something of this relationship. I like her. She's one of the most normal people I know. I need some normalcy after dealing with people like Janna, Raazi and Cormac. Am I in love with her? Funny thing about love is sometimes it hits you full in the face like a lightning bolt. At other times It sneaks up on you. I think the fact that when I fantasize, I now see Thyr instead of the captain is a good start. I think I may be falling in love with her.

I'll take my time. One our last encounter I won a prize and next time I see her I plan to take it up and see if she wants to take the relationship deeper. I do have high hopes, but there are some problems. I am a traveling priest in that I do wander from church-to-church lending aid where I am needed. Would Thyr be willing to follow me? Would I be willing to settle down in Narfell? That is if the relationship stays its course. Would she be willing to stay with me as I try to help dangerously mentally unstable people? I'll have to try to keep her away from my work, I think. So that she cannot be used against me. All this is of course speculation on how the relationship continues. For now, I am content and happy being with her.

The best part she is elven with the most pleasant accent. I know that my grandmother loved my grandfather so much but when he died of old age it crushed her. I could probably love a human but would not want to go through the same. Shes also a mercenary and very strong of body. She has goals like becoming one day a general of an army. It may be if the relationship lasts that I have to stay home and take care of the children while she goes out to seek her glory. I also love that as hard as her body is she can still melt in my arms and be a girl. Thats probably her best feature. A sort of balance.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 8

Most times I'm at temple I tend to the sick and especially those with emotional problems. I seem to be able to help them the most. In fact today is once again the first day of my duty for the lighthouse temple and I will be here 9 days. There are other things I do. sanctify the alter so Lady Aurora doesn't have to do the little things. Keep tabs on healing supplies, help make new orders of supplies the temple needs. All the administration things I did on ship as a lieutenant. The things that I am good at. And if Aurora gets sick, I can lead a service or do weddings and funerals. All the things a chaplain does in their ten-day.

There are however four extremely dangerous people I have tended to with serious mental illness. The first was the captain who through injury to the head acquired a multiple personality disorder. Raazi a woman with psychosis with no empathy for anyone but herself. Janna a powerful Psion with a heavy depressive disorder and sever anger issues. And last but not least Cormac. I have not figured out Cormac's neurosis as of yet, but my latest theory is he suffers such strong delusions that he somehow with his bardic mage makes them manifest as quasi-real beings, locations and things. I will do a case study for posterity of the former later.

I was able to alleviate the captain's problem for a long time until we figured out the real problem with her head. Once we found out it was too late. I consider my tending to her somewhat of a success in that she did no harm for the time she became a powerful arcanists.

Raazi is a lost cause because I can go nowhere if someone doesn't have any empathy what-so-ever. Oh, she plays her hand oh so well but every now and again her real face comes out. Anyone with any knowledge of the mind when they see that calm face when she is pushed will understand it immediately. She is far beyond my help. Perhaps a high priest or priestess would be able to help her. With my limited skills I am not embarrassed to say. I cannot.

Janna is my grand success. Others with the help of myself have been able to bring her back to sanity. I still go to the Jail to read to her, counsel her if she would like to help her through the rest of the way on her path to recovery.

Then there is Cormac.

Cormac was one of the first people I met in Narfell. A dower sort of skald that talks of tragic stories and has a dark outlook on life. Still, he could be funny and entertaining, and also helpful. I wouldn't say he is and evil person. In fact, my first impression of him as someone quite normal if a bit lovesick for a girl he could not have.

Things changed. He started to sleep in graves and wear a skull mask, and calling himself, Death. At first, I thought he was just delusional. A few people crack every now and then over love. It is a powerful force of nature. He started talking about others like him and saying he had a place with a throne. I tried counseling him without him knowing it as if he was having visual illusions even perhaps sinking into a mild form of schizophrenia. I was wrong.

A few days later some of the adventurers in the area started to tease him about this new personality. Suddenly the two disappeared. Cormac had taken them somewhere. I believe it was George and Ros the merchant/constable of the docks district. They both described the place Cormac took them. A shadowy place perhaps a room where you can't quite find the edges. There were stars and galaxies dancing above them. While talking to Cormac he asked if he could make a star for them. They told me each in turn that Cormac created a star for each of them and threw it up in the air. They sored up to join the others spinning along the night sky or ceiling. The pair then attacked Cormac's throne. This angered Cormac and he booted them out of this shadowy place back to the commons district.

At this point I was not sure what to think. Obviously, something was happening with Cormac more than just having delusions. His eyes had changed to a golden color, irises slitted like a cat. He could suddenly summon shadows and create simple weapons like dagger. He acquired. Cormac also acquired some new friends. They wore skull masks like him and talked of a greater organization. For several days I watched quietly. Sometimes interacting with questions. Once I felt I had enough information I went to Lady Aurora, High priestess of Selune at the Lighthouse in the docks district. I discussed my concerns about Cormac and the changes I saw in him. Especially the shadow magic and his new friends. I was concerned that perhaps a Sharran cult had lured him into their fold. She gave me a dagger blessed by Selune to stab one of his new friends. If he or it was made of shadow, it would wound him sorely. She then told me that it would probably be too dangerous to stick around. So immediately flee to the temple. I now had something to go on and a mission to find out if shadow was involved in Cormac's transformation.

It took several weeks for his friend we named red eyes to show up again. Between that time, I kept the dagger close while traveling and doing temple duties. My skills have improved greatly by then. Still stabbing an unknown adversary was dangerous business even if sanctioned by the church. Red eyes came to Cormac to discuss something. Cormac was at the patio sitting at the front table in view of the common's circle. Florin another moon elf happened to be there. Florin had never seen Cormac's new friends. Thinking that a minion of evil had arrived in the city he immediately attacked Red eyes with clerical spells, searing light was one of them. The spells bounced off the creature being completely ineffective. I non-calendry strolled up as if to speaking to him on a philosophical point he asked me earlier. When I was close enough, I stabbed him deep between the side plates in his side armor.

It wounded him greatly almost killing him. He looked so surprised, not by my act but that the dagger had wounded him so badly. After seeing his expression and the effect of the wound I ran to the temple handing Lady Aurora the bloody dagger. I was shaking from the experience. I prayed at the alter for some time and went back to the inn. There I found that after I wounded the creature Florin's magic suddenly began to work. Florin seemed to have killed it. I found out later that he did not. The creature came back later some how.
CTP team member