Cyr Stafford
This forum is for anyone to put their PC's stories down for other servers than Anchorome and Harvestmoon both long dead. Many may read them and get some inspiration for their own characters or for dming from their adventures.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Cyr Stafford

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 9

Another week passed, with Aurora avoiding me. I assumed correctly that she had not divined the blood on the dagger as of yet. When she was ready, she called me back to temple. Aurora told me that the creatures were indeed partially made of shadow. She also told me that the Lady of Loss and her people had no involvement in this affair. She said she could not divine the exact nature of the creatures as of yet. I asked her if they could be Shavandor. I wasn't sure if the enclave had made its appearance over the Anauach desert yet, but it was a new theory. Surprisingly she shook her head. She said these creatures were older and more mysterious. She sent the dagger out of Narfell for further testing of the blood. When she knows exactly what these creatures are she will alert me. I nodded and saluted her going back to the commons.

At this time, I had no theory about what these creatures could be that would draw Cormac under their influence. I adventured and did church duty for a week until a few of us were resting along the benches in the common's circle. Cormac was there. I was close to him trying to listen to his words, counsel him and a host of other things when he started to talk about two timing friends. Suddenly he grabbed me and the two of us disappeared to his secret place.

The place was just like others have said with a few exceptions. The first was that there were 2 thrones instead of one. The second, Victor one of Janna's antagonists was there. His dead body was sitting on a pedestal. I asked if the other throne was Raazi's. He affirmed it. I looked up at the stars and galaxies that seemed to form the roof of the room. It did seem like a room instead of an open space, however its walls seemed somehow indefinate or insubstantial: cloaked in shadow.

Needless to say, I was scared shitless. Cormac charged me with a number of things. I kept my cool as best I could and used my church training to present a calm face. The main reason he brought me here is that he wanted the dagger back. It seems Cormac's friends figured out the reason for the dagger and didn't want their persons known to a potential enemy. Cormac told me if he doesn't get the dagger back, he will die in some way.

I told him the truth. That I no longer had it and it's in the possession of the church. Thats when the disembodied voices started. Several suggested he kill me here and now. One said I had balls and seemed to want the see what happens. Cormac demanded that I retrieve the dagger for him. If I didn't, He and his friends would attack the church. I agreed with him that I would ask to have the dagger back from Aurora even knowing that it was out of Narfell. He then released me back to the commons. This will play a huge part in my next entry.

After recovering from the hair-raising experience, I went to Lady Aurora and pleaded with her to get the dagger back after it is properly divined. The dagger itself was meant for one thing. To test these creatures to see if they were made whole or in part of shadow. It did its job already. Lady Aurora did not like that idea however she gave me no defined answer.

It doesn't seem the dagger will come back now. Something has happened and I believe Cormac is involved. A week after this incident. A plague hit the residential districted. The disease was created by a Sharran cult suddenly appearing and sacrificing priests and priestess of Selune to their lady of loss. I will write further on this tomorrow.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

On my next time off from church duty I was going about my business when I found out the residential district was quarantined because of a plague. I asked around about it. It was Thau'lira that gave me the best information. She said that a Sharran cult had come in and caused the disease. It makes people ever hungry. They continually eat without getting any nourishment from it. She also told me that the Sharran's sacrifice priests and priestesses of Selune to create and make it stronger. She seemed to think if one more priest was sacrificed that the disease would go air born, (At the moment the sickness is transmitted through blood).

This did not take me long to surmise that my old friend Cormac may have had a hand in this. He may have contacted the followers of the lady of loss or perhaps even had a more direct hand. I could not find anything solid, but his former threats have given me pause to consider. Not much happened the rest of the days I had off. I met Thyr several times. We made love in various places. The back room of the ferret or out in the forest where the pixies play.

When I have finished this 9 day service I will look into it more. I also have to see about renting a small craft for Thyr and I along with seeing how much a proper moon dress and eleven hair crown would cost me. I'm a hundred and seventy or so. It's time to settle down if she will have me. I cannot go to Cormyr or anywhere around the Sea of Fallen Stars. I will honor the captain's last request of me and not change the future/past.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 11

It's been a bit since I wrote in my journal. Much has happened and there is much I have left out. There were two men I met at the lighthouse that were hunting Cormac and his friends. Aurora seemed to have confidence in them. One was a large man called preacher that wielded a hammer. The other whose name I forget Skyie of something seemed a formidable warrior or paladin. They hunted Cormac, Raazi and the newborn. I know Preacher is now dead by Cormac's hand. I do not know about the other. It all happened while I was at church duty.

At this point I know not what to do with the Cormac situation. I know he free choose this path. I know now I will unlikely get him to turn and when last I spoke with him, he made a veiled threat against my plans of the near future with Thyr'qara. I did not get to talk to him very much this time as I was let out to do my own thing for 4 days. Most of my time was spent with Thyr enjoying her company. I did ask her if I should give up on Cormac. I know I have gotten past the defenses of this alter-ego several times, but it becomes more difficult as he is becoming immune to our talks.

I have tabled the whole of it until I hear word from Aurora. He may be another too lost for me to help.

Thyr said yes. She will marry me. It is wonderful news for I have come to love her more fiercely and any other I have over the last century. I did speak with the harbormaster. He told me that to rent a 30–35-foot racing sailboat would be 2500. I can do that. There are two other items I need. I need to stud her moon dress with opals and pearls round her bodice. And I have to make a flexible gold wire studded with small sapphires so she can string it through her hair to make her wedding crown. Once I have those in hand, I can marry her on the next full moon at midnight.

When last we made love in the grotto with the waterfall and pixies, I told her the dangers she may be in as I try to help people like Cormac and Raazi. I told her these people are not something you can easily take down with a sword. They think so differently from a normal person. They are hard to kill. If one of my patients known or unknown decide to go after us, she may be in more danger than I am. These people don't go after you. They go after the ones you love. They would like more to see the pain on your own face every day and relish it than to just kill you and be done with it. It is but one of the cruelties many who try to help are rewarded.

Thyr took it well and said I should continue my ministrations on Cormac to see if I can bring him back from the brink of oblivion. I myself am not sure I can and worry for Thyr's safety. I must also remember the box of paperwork I have underneath my lighthouse bunk. If I should die. It will be up to Thyr to travel to Mulhorand 200 years from now and tell the captain's family her fate. That is if the future/past has not changed.

For now, I revel in the excitement of young love and hope to continue to keep that young love fresh in two people's minds in the coming years. Cormac is still there for sure. At the moment, he is but a shadow to deal with later in my peripheral vision. This next month or two on the few days I am able to be on my own it is all about Thyr and our shared happiness together.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Thyr'qara and I were married in a small ceremony at the lighthouse temple. No one came but that doesn't really matter. Lady Aurora led the rite and had us say our vows. Loona threw confetti at us the whole time. She's a nice lass. As many wards of the church, she's a bit off but in a good way and is no danger to others. Lady Aurora accidently blurted out my real name but since no one but her and Loona were there I am not worried.

After the wedding I slow danced Thyr to the ship I rented. A 35ft single mast racer, just like I ordered. We explored the ship together. Thyr found the captains quarters first. When I went in I was astounded by the lavishness of the suit. It had no state room and the bedroom was so large it had its own bathing pool. The bed had velvet and silk sheets. there were couches in the room.

This was definitely a yacht of some idle rich person that abandoned it or something. We stayed docked for our wedding night in the slip. We didn't get much sleep. In the morn we weighted anchor and I took the wheel. Thyr followed all my directions on the sail cranks and pullies. We got off on a good start.

After awhile I had her take the wheel. She loved it. Have 10 or 12 tons under her, feeling every vibration of the ship and keeping control of the rudder. I walked up to the bow, turned around and watched her having fun being captain of a fairly large ship. She was all smiles and happiness. I beamed with pride at her.

She wants to go to an island out on the lake. This lake is almost as big as the narrow sea the time we sailed on her. We should be able to find some islands along her in our honeymoon journey. She wants to find buried treasure, fight pirates, comb the beaches for pieces of treasure. Hells, maybe we'll find a message in a bottle and save some marooned sailor. No matter what happens I know it will be fun.

I did have to discuss with her two boxes I keep in my apartment back in Peltarch. One of the boxes has the personal effects of the captain she wanted to give to her family. The other box holds her most dangerous researches in positive/ negative energy magic, necromancy and chronomancy. I told her if I should die in the next 200 years it will be up to her to go to Mulhorand to see the captain's family and give them the first box; but not before the summer of 1595.

The other box the captain had specific instructions for me to give to the Ceruleans. I'm not sure I want to do that. Like she often says when humans acquire too much magical power it often brings misfortune. She came to think humans should never wield the magic of chronomancy because they were so short sighted. In the last years I knew her where she dived so deeply into Jeriah Chronomancer's work and completed much of his spell theory that was left incomplete when he died. She wouldn't share any of the research with the guild in Hadrian or the school in Conch. The crew and I of course left before she died but her seizures were getting more frequent and worst when she cast her great spell to send us back home.

I have plenty of time to think about it though. There is no need to contact the ceruleans at this time even knowing that the books and studies in the box are so dangerous. No need for anyone to know really except for my beautiful wife.

Cyr sets his journal down and lights his pipe. The pair are anchored about 10 miles from an island Thyr wanted to explore in the morn. That is if the charts are correct. Cyr smiles to himself thinking of the future with Mrs. Stafford sitting by his side along the way. "It means to be a wonderful life. The two of us will make it that way."

He takes the pipe out of his mouth and considers it a moment, "Should throw you away my old friend but you're the only thing left I have of the dear captain's things. I don't think Lady Stafford would mind that I have you. I loved you Captain Lauriella Sithiir, but I found someone I love more deeply. You were right. I did find my young maiden and we are happy. Thank you, Captain. May you find Alluin when It's her turn to arrive at the Gates of the Moon.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Journal entry 13

We arrived at the island in the late afternoon. Had to cut our way against the wind and currents. We found a small river channel went in as far as we cold without grounding the racer and anchored. Both of us were very excited. So much so I forgot our beach rods. We noticed they were missing as we got to sure with the tender and noticed them missing.

I stripped down to my short clothes and went for a swim back to the yacht. Damn it was cold. Retrieving the fishing rods, jumped back in. and swam to shore. Thank Selune Thyr had started a fire.

We made camp and snuggled up to each other watching the fire and then the stars. Thyr seemed to need the rest with all the excitement the night before and sailing, really sailing for the first time. She ended up in my arms with a dying fire watching the stars with me until we slipped into revelry. Tomorrow we will explore the island, maybe comb the beach and just perhaps look for buried treasure. Got to remember. X always marks the spot. Heh.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

For the next few days Cyr and Thyr explore the deserted Island. the island is rather small. A few sqaure miles with a hill at the center. There is an orange tree in the low parts not far from the beach beside a choked-up cave entrance with no way to go in and explore. A shipwreck of a 40ft sloop lies along the western shore with a small campsite. The two make up stories about the fate of the crew probably rescued years ago.

Cyr takes a careful inspection of the wreck. All that's left of her hold is the ribs of the haul most likely where she banged against the rocks hiding just under the island surf. The rest of the ship looks clean. The wreck can only be a few years old in its unweathered look. Still, he determines it would be unsalvageable.

Atop the hill they find a monument or shrine made of an alter upon a cement slab surrounded by caryatids. They role play Thyr as an island princess sacrificing Cyr to the lava god sealed below the hill by the holy monument. During the next few days, they fish at the beach. Catching various fish for dinner based in orange juice and salt. They make a great sandcastle with three towers and parapets. While they work on it Cyr makes little stick people to populate their grand palace. Meanwhile Cyr creates holes in parts of the base and baits it with small cuts of fish for crabs.

In the morning they snatch up all the crabs and make a grand breakfast. Afterward The couple take a blanket up on the hill by the monument. They sit together Cyr behind Thyr. She has the spyglass out looking for anything on the island the may be seen as a mark for treasure: A mark on a tree or something strange laying in the tall grass that nearly covers all of the non-beach parts of place. As they are doing this They spy a ship. The brigantine coasts along the beach on the opposite side of the island from their racer. It slows to a stop and anchors 300 yds from shore. The beast of a ship has two masts and is about 80ft long.

Thyr looks to Cyr, "Hm...looks like somebody else is out here."

"Aye and a brigantine at that. Did'na know they were invented yet. If it's a merchant there be a crew of 20-30 if a pirate 80 maybe 100"

"Yeah, and I kinda doubt a merch'nt'd be visit'n isl'nds at rand'm...seems awful outta the way, yanno?"

"Lake is only 5 days across at 11 knots I suspect so no reason to find an island to resupply lessen it be a pirate. Damn it I'm going into my sailor lingo again. Our racer thankfully is on the other side but small as the island be they will find it. Brigantine at best can make 10 knots without a load. we can make 15 we can easily sneak over get her going and make way. They will never outrun us but that's if we don't give away our position or the pirates don't find the ship before we heave anchors. What do you think, Love?"

"How 'ard do ya th'nk it'd be tah drive 'em off? And if we do, do ya th'nk dey'd try to take us out, or le'rn the less'n n' leav' us be?"

"If they're pirates, they will probably take me out and capture you using you to the next place they can sell you for a slave. And take the racer as an outrigger/scout."

Cyr pauses a moment then continues. "And here comes the Tender." He takes out his spyglass and looks. "Looks like the captain is coming along on this one. Maybe they plan to bury their booty. Two guard with spears. A couple of gatherers and one with a bow. Thats all I can make out. We have about 12 minutes before they bring the tender on shore."

"Reck'n we ken beat 'em, eh?" Starts heading down to where they landed to fetch her bow and quiver.

"Err... ok, we get our weapons but what if we can talk them out of not coming back? its 30 or 50 to one if that bees nest erupts. Or what if we can shake them up?

"Hm...how sah?"

"Good question....................Hey we got that Stone temple thing on top of the hill we can use that. You can be the wild elven queen La landendara Abudoli or something. and I can be your cannibal minion. You negotiate with them and if things get sticky I can barge onto the scene. I'll hide myself and wait in the shadow. I can think of something to disrupt them enough for you to get into it before they are ready. What do you think?"

"I'm uh...nawt dat gud at talkin', but I ken giv scar'n 'm off a try, if yahs th'nk yahs need th' toim tah w'rk it"

"Don't worry I can work the whole cannibal minion routine. We need to get our gear as quick as we can and I have a few spells." Cyr starts running to camp near the old shipwreck and gets his gear.
while at it he starts a fire under the camp kettle and throws a few of the human bones in it they found
he then races back up the hill on the backside from the other ship carrying the rest of Thyrs gear. Runs up with all the gear they need for a fight that they left in camp I think that flower crown will be perfect. Meanwhile Thyr realizes that she left her armor on the ship. Not knowing what to do she waits for Cyr to run back up the hill. He runs up with all the gear they need for a fight that they left in camp. "I think that flower crown will be perfect. I have an eagle's splendor, endurance and bull's strength in my prayers."

She straps her quiver to herself and strings her bow while Cyr continues to comment and make out plans. "Hey that lava god. he could be your husband you being his high priestess."

"The bull's and stam'na will be gud. Take it yah hav a few pot'ns as 'ell? N we coul try dat, wid me pretendin' tah do sum sorta rit'l?"

"You can think of all kinds of stuff to do with that." He glasses the shore again Looks like they are landing................................The rapier guy is splitting off maybe a scout. The others are looking at the vegetation. They got sacks too. "

Thyr climbs the hill and does her best imitation of some sort of religious dance or rite. Cyr enspells her with Bulls strength, Eagles splendor and endurance, then disappears into the tall grass. Thyr continues to perform a mock-rite of her own creation before the altar atop the hill. Five people slowly come up from the edge of the top of the hill. A rather large man in a fanciful captain's outfit and three-corner hat people slowly come up from the edge of the top of the hill. The outfit is rather ragged and dirty. He carries a cutlass to his side and some daggers in his belt. The others have various weapons on them. They spread out with him in the center each about 8 feet apart. Thyr eyes them down as she continues the ritual dance before the altar

They stop a moment. The two men beside the big guy motion to him using their spears. The man shakes the palm of his hand horizontally meaning no. These two men have white long pants and blue shirts on. The captain then motions to one of the other men, who are in ragged shorts and are bare chested. He takes out his bolos and starts to swing them over his head. Thyr keeps her eyes on the bolo-men as she draws her blade, beginning what sounds like a ritual call, rather loud.

An Arrow comes out of the tall grass and hits the man in the shoulder. The bolos get thrown wild over the side of the hill. Thyr leaps into the fight, going for the second bolo-wielder first to try to take him out before he can become a serious threat. They retreat quickly back looking around. One of the men dragging the wounded one by the shirt collar. Thyr chases them for a bit before backing off, retreating to join up with Cyr but he is no where to be found. Thyr circles back around to the top of the hill, picking up a spyglass and using it to keep an eye on the retreating pirates.

The pirates go about half-way down the hill. They bandage up the wounded one. One of the ones in a shirt splits off and goes into the tall grass. The captain, one of the shirts and the unwounded shirtless one cautiously make their way back up the hill. This time closer together. The captain brings a white hanky out of his pocket and starts waving it in front of his chest. Thyr approaches them cautiously, having sheathed her sword "Whatcha want pokin' round ere?"

"Aye Beauty. Me name be Baron Braxton Boutique and this here be me Island. I should be say'in what a lass be doing here lessen she need rescued. Could be doing that for some coin in me coffers. Yer trespass'in there be taxes for that too. I sure we can be coming to an arrangement. I got me 70 men aboard me ship. We'll be find'in whoever with you and give you a whoop'in if that what you be wanting.

"Ell, I'm alreadeh tak'n, n dun need yer rescu'n. Keep dis up n you'll wind up in a lot mor' troubl' den you're 'spect'n," with her hand on her sword still.

The grass crunches to Thyr's left very close to her. As She turns to look she sees nothing in the grass but can hear a whispered, 'now we'll get this bitch' It's not Cyr. She steps to the right and draws her blade. "Show yerself!"

One of the white shirts leaps out of the bushes attacking her. The others start to join but a blood curdling howl comes from the tall grass on the other side of her. The captain throws his arms out stopping the two next to him. One of the ones near the captain looks like he's about to lose his nerve. Meanwhile the shirt takes a stab at her with his spear but he's completely off balance and misses by a long foot. Thyr sidesteps the stab easily and retaliates with a thrust aimed at his torso while he's off-balance. She scores a glancing blow across his torso, but he is able to bring his spear up to partially block any real damage to himself. He counter-attacks flipping the spear around to smack her with the butt end. He over lunges missing her again; throwing him off balance.

Thyr goes for another thrust at him as he finds himself off-balance again, aimed at his torso. The captain and others are about to get up the nerve to attack her again, but an arrow comes out of the tall grass missing them and bouncing off a tree. She hits the man she is fighting in ribcage sending blood spraying everywhere. He collapses down in front of her gasping for breath. There's another howl. Cyr walks on to the scene dragging a basket of oranges and a naked hogtied man with him. It's the man that split off in the beginning with the short bow and belaying pin. The captain is still holding the other two men back. Thyr plants a heeled boot in the man's chest, pulling her rapier free.

Cyr is pretty much naked. He has his pants on, but they are torn up and dirty. His three-cornered hat is missing its feather pin. He plops the man down in front of Thyr, goes to his knees and bows before her. Then he taps on the man's ribs. "Meat! Real Meat!." He then begins cutting the oranges up and slathering them all over the man's body. The man is gaged and wide eyed."

Thyr points to the man being held by Cyr, looking to the captain "Yah see dat? If yahs wan dat man b'ck, you'll wanna leav' 'ere n nawt bug us 'gain. Deal?"

The captain studies the scene a moment, " I be see'in you a serious girl beauty. And that me quartermaster there on the ground. Could be we work something out. Don't want to have to send the whole crew to be capturing the two of you now do we?" Right then the naked guy smothered in orange and salt breaks his gag. "THEY GOT A......................"

Cyr stuffs and orange in his mouth and punches it down so he has to breathe through his nose. "Nice little piggy, Fat little piggy. Be nice" He then taps the flat of his blade on the quartermaster's forehead" The man is now wide eyed with fear.

Thyr shouts, "'E ken work sumtin out, sur'. Long as me and min' get tah leav dis plac' aliv' n widout 'arm!"

The captain chuckles, "And just how you meaning to do that, Beauty?"

"If yahs wan tah keep yer man, we esc'rt yahs back tah yer boat and watch yahs row aweh, alroight?"

A smile comes to his lips now."That be sounding more like it. Sure lassie you can escort us back to our ship."

Cyr cuts in angerly, "NO little Piggy! Want meat! MEAT!"

"We'll get yahs sumtin' bettah den dat stringeh th'ng fer sur" to Cyr.

Cyr crawls on his knees and grabs her knees with both hands "Goddess find meat." He then whispers, "They going to send a whole team once the captain signals the ship. Get ready to run first sign." Thyr nods to his murmurs.

Cyr ties a rope to the bonds on the man's wrists and starts to drag him to the captain. "We go! keep hands in air!" Thyr starts to walk as well, sword drawn, eyes on the rest of the folks. The captain and the two men hold their hands up turn around. They all start walking back down the hill. Halfway down the two others help the wounded man up. The captain waves his hand at the ship. Thyr keeps a close eye on the surrenderers as she walks them back to their dingy at sword point.

Cyr Yanks on the rope as hard as he can but misjudges his own strength the quartermaster rolls down the hill on to him and they both go tumbling. Seeing that; the man in the pants suddenly lunges at Thyr with a spear while the other man and the captain start to run to the quartermaster and Cyr tumbling down the hill.

Thyr parries the blow but is still too far away to get a thrust in. The man's spear misses its mark and glances off of her armor. Meanwhile Cyr catches himself near the bottom of the hill and runs behind a tree. The captain and other man disappear down near where the quartermaster landed presumably untying him. Two tender and about a dozen men are scrambling around on the Brigantine. The tender are being lowered into the water.

Thyr tries to trip the man so she can run over to Cyr and fetch him. She catches his leg but he's a very strong man and backs up swinging his spear to knock her out, but he underreaches and loses his balance falling to one knee. Cyr meanwhile comes back out this time fully naked with his longsword and shield. He starts to run at the captain and other two men crying "MEAT!"

Thyr is able to dodge the unbalanced swing and takes advantage of the opening to aim a rapier thrust for between his ribs. The blade goes through the man's eye and into his brain stopping at the back of his skull killing him instantly. The quartermaster now with his legs free starts to run to the shoreline crazy with fear. The other man with the bolo's starts to swing them but the captain pulls him back by the shirt collar and they both start running away from the mad naked elven screaming a war cry: His particular war cry, "MEAT!" The Tender are now in the water with a dozen and a half men. Oars are coming out and the rope leashes are being removed.

Thyr uses her boot against the fallen man to pull her blade free once more and then runs over to Cyr. "We bettah get tah our boat fast. Just grab yer cloth's, yahs ken get 'em on wunc we're in th' boat and push'd off."

"Aye! with you then." He rounds the corner of a tree and disappears in the afternoon shadow. She can see the grass parting back up the hill.

Thyr zigs and zags a bit to try to throw folks off, heading for the campsite and tender after a bit of work to hide her own tracks. She does a partial job of throwing them off but as she makes camp, she sees several on the top of the hill pointing at both the camp and the racer. She packs up the camp quickly, throwing sand on the fire and throwing stuff in the boat. Cyr is still naked but has his bow, longsword and shield. Hes throwing all those in the tender and is waiting for her. She hops in once she has their stuff in there. He pushes the tender off. before he starts to row like a madman, he picks his lieutenant's pin up off the floor and throws it onto the beach. "THE NIGHT GUIDE YOU! YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS!" Thyr joins in the rowing.

As they make ship Cyr grabs his weapons and shield and says, "Go! go! go!" Waiting for Thyr to get up on deck. Thyr hops up onto the racer from the tender, blade in hand first. Cyr climbs up while pushing the tender away from the ship shouting. "Mainsail and Frizzen sail get them up! I'll unlock the rutter and set her to point! Meanwhile arrows and bolts start to fly. An arrow catches Thyr in the forearm, but it goes through clean. She can still function. An arrow buries itself into Cyr's thigh and he drops a moment. He screams but gets back up bleeding profusely and unlocks the wheel.* I got about 15 minutes before passing out and cannot spell and run the ship!. Get those sails up and cranked out full. You can take over when I'm out then!"

Thyr scrambles to get the sails unfurled and set the best she can. She then heads for the wheel to steer for a bit so Cyr can cast his healing magic.

More arrows and bolts pepper the deck. Cyr falls over but prays doing a cure moderate wounds. The laceration closes but there's a huge purple blotch on both sides of his leg. He then casts a cure moderate wounds on Thyr's arm which fully heals it. Another arrow glances off her armor and a bolt grazes Cyr across the face. The ship begins to move at about 2 knots. The pirates are running along the shore keeping up at the moment. Thyr steers the ship at a 45 degree angle away from the shore to put some distance between them and the pirates, then scrambles to unfurl the sails further. Cyr grasps the wheel before it starts to turn wildly and puts on a new heading to catch as much wind as he can. The ship is starting to outpace the pirates on shore. Four more bolts sail in for the two of them. Two fly off wild, one hits the mainmast and another hits Cyr in the shoulder. He yells out laughing, "Not my day, today!"

Thyr grabs her bow and fires a few parting shots at the shore bound pirates to keep their heads down a bit. The first misses its mark by several yards but the next after timing the speed of the ship hits one of them full in the chest. The man crunches down in the reaction and falls flat on his face. Hes done. The others break off and start running back to their tender. Cyr is making a monumental effort to keep control of the wheel with one hand while the other side of his body is slumped over. His face showing great pain while he laughs My first get away as commander and it's not even a merchant! I'll be damned! Have you to thank, me love!" He smiles at her a moment and says "I think I'll pass out now" *As his arm falls off the wheel as he loses consciousness.

Thyr kneels down, tending to Cyr the best she can with what limited healing supplies are available. She manages to pull the bolt out of his shoulder and stop the bleeding but not much else. The wheel spins free and the ship loses the wind. She takes the wheel again, steering the ship for Peltarch the best she can for a bit before returning to try to get Cyr to come to.

Cyr wakes up a bit groggy after an hour. As Thyr looks aft, she sees a mast peak its head over the water then a second mast. The full of the Brigantine comes into view. He looks up at her, questioningly? She stands at the wheel running the wind. Cyr is in the dugout not completely out of commission but hurting and the 250-ton Brigantine is following them at about 900 yards away. Cyr spits some blood up. Realizing his lung is nicked he casts a cure light wounds which heals him enough to work the boom cranks. Thyr looks down to Cyr "We're headin' fer shor' best I remembah it, yahs alroight down dere? Sorreh I didn't hav mor' on meh tah 'eal yahs wid"

He looks back get the sextet out and measure the sun. "Call out the numbers after locking it. I'll get our position and heading from that then work the cranks. Looks like were going north with the wind. we need to go southeast to get back to the shipping lanes and safety. means we got to get ahead, and out tack them against the breeze".

She grabs the sextant and starts to work it, muttering numbers to Cyr. He nods and makes a mark on the chart." 45 miles northwest of Peltarch we just need to get past Braxton's ship and we are home free. He'll try to anticipate our moves so we have to out wit him. what do you think, love? Tack directly south east or the harder route south west?"

"Fast'st tah Peltarch I reck'n, lov'"

"Ok, we need 1,000 yards. When you feel it turn the wheel 8 pegs right and call it out!" She nods to Cyr, steadying the wheel.

She waits for a while, then turns the wheel and calls out,"8 pegs right!" Cyr goes to action on the cranks turning the main boom to catch as much wind as he can. They're making 12 knots now faster than the other ship can go at a full wind but it's trying to match their angle and they have to get past him safely. Thyr thinks for a bit, then steers to keep the other ship on a constant bearing for a little bit, looking to see if they respond to that by veering off or staying on course to catch them.

Being a bigger ship, requiring many more men; They are slow to react but are reacting and closing now that the racer is heading their direction. They are at 800 yards and still working on getting into a heading to cut Thyr and Cyr off and board them. She continues to steer for constant bearing, trying to force their lookout to evade... "If'n dey dun turn by the toim we get clos tah long-bow rang' o 'dem, den we turn cross dere cours.'"

Cyr goes into action, but the wind is lost. They are now almost directly into the wind. The other ship makes a gentler turn and makes up 75 yards Hes now at 825 yards to the west, west south of the racer. Cyr calls out, "Ten pegs left!" as he suddenly cranks the boom the other way.Thyr steers sharply left ten pegs to try to catch the wind.

The sails fill up with a sudden cross wind. The racer gets back up to 12 knots quickly while the other ship seems to still be tacking to the prevailing wind. His ship starts to turn to the north looking for slower prey. Cyr breathes a sigh of relief shouting, "We did it we made it south of them. They know they can't catch us now."

Thyr grins to Cyr, starting to work her way back towards Peltarch now with the course she sets. Cyr comments, "Well, we didn't find any buried treasure but we're coming home with a tale to tell."

She laughs and just says, "Aye!" as she steers the ship toward home. The two honeybirds make it to port with a grand story to tell about the impressive snookering they gave to a band of pirates.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

It's been a few weeks now since Thyr and I have returned to the region. I mostly stay with her now In Norwick when not doing my work for the church. Norwick to Peltarch is a morning walk and good exercise as long as you avoid the bandits at the bridge. I did have a few days to get out in the lands to adventure. Though I must admit I'm not the best at that sort of thing. I participate when I can to lend aid as either a priest, counselor or doing some of the things I picked up in my travels: like setting traps, picking locks or coming out of the shadows to help someone in need.

Yes, I know a priest of Selune that picked up being able to use the shadows to move unnoticed. Well I've seen odder things in this world. So two things got my attention on my return. I'll write them down for prosperities sake.

The first: I was lounging with others in the commons when Syltria came around wanting to do some research in the barrows below the city. I joined up. Not only because I could handle the undead better than most but I could also scout and clean them out leaving the others to do their research.

We had a bit of problem with the guard at the residential district and the whole plague thing. Looks like its still around and I have to be careful being a priest of Selune. We had to be checked and cleared to walk around there even though I told them no one had the plague.

We went down into the barrows. Killed a bunch of ghouls and found a spiral disk indented into the ground. It looked to be about 3 meters in diameter, so pretty big. Syltria said that she tried to dig in the spot but the dirt replaced itself from some form of magic and refilled everything. On a hunch I came up with the idea of pouring holy water on the ground. Problem I had no holy water, water to bless, or the bless spell in my prayer repertoire.

I did have some wine and got Thau'lira who was with us to bless the wine. When I poured it on the ground the dirt and emblem sizzled and dissolved a bit.

With that our researcher Syltria send Axe out to get as much holy water as he could from the triad. He came back with a whole barrel full. We put a spout on it and unloaded the whole of the barrel into the depression. There was a small earthquake The emblem and dirt all dissolving to a hole with a staircase. We went down to find an earth mote. surrounded by a huge void. A tree was growing at the center of the mote. It was only about 20 meters in diameter. There was also a ruins of a house beside the tree. Among the debris there was a small safe or strongbox.

I approched it got down on my knees and started to check for any traps. What do you know? A bunch of those blacked eyed demon children showed up and attacked us. We cleared them out. I went back to the safe. Finding no traps I took my picks out and cracked it. There were some papers inside. I glanced at them. They were written in Netheresse, then handed them over to her assuming she could read them.

She couldn't. She asked if anyone could read Netheresse again I said that I could. We all went up and back to the commons. I took some paper and made 5 copies in common. I then took the original and tucked it away with in the box with all the captain's research. The good thing is no one questioned my ability to speak and write in Netheresse. The only one who ever questioned me on this is Meadow who can also speak the language. I told her my knowledge was patient/priest privilege. Thankfully she accepted that excuse. So all my secrets are still safe.

The next thing that happened was a demon attack at the south gate. I'll write about that when I have more time. Thyr is calling me to bed.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I wrote my last entry about a week ago where I mentioned Demons. Well, that seems to be the theme of the month. I don't really have everything straight because of my work at the lighthouse but have a few ideas about all of this demon talk among the hero's and heroines of Peltarch. there's a group of adventurers that exclusively travel with each other. Don't know how I always wind up with them. I'm no hero. One of no import to the greater scheme as Captain Sithiir would say.

This group we'll call them Hero's and Heroines of Peltarch include (Isolde, a princess called Elizabeth, Jonni, Ros a halfling, George a sgt of the guard, Meadow a shadowy woman that speaks Netheresse and is also a part of the investigation wing of the guard, Asha a priestess of Selune but doesn't seem to be attached to the lighthouse. since I never see her there, Aoth a druidess that's Elizabeths current lover, Marty a halfling lass thats also a druidess. There are a few others.

Anyway, I've been listening to them. There seems to be two demonesses vying for a whole layer of the Abyss. One is called Miranda. The other I believe goes by the name of Nephnar or something of the sort. There also seems to be an overlord by the name of K something. Many in the group just use letters instead of calling the demons out by name. The group plans to make special suits and go to the abyss. to right some wrong between the three of these demons. The group has also acquired a powerful staff-rod they call an accelerator. Something the captain might have invented when she became a high arcanists if she had thought of it. From what I understand this weapon makes a really really powerful boom using material right in the air. The thicker the material in the air the bigger the boom.

So lets get back to what has happened so far. Two weeks ago I was coming from Norwick to Peltarch when at the south gate there were several of the (Heros) engaged fighting demons. Well lent them the aid of my bow. It was a tough fight with demons summoning other demons. A Balor showed up above the wall and tried to capture the princess. He was almost successful but luckily (or seemingly luckily) Miranda showed up and hit the Balor with that accelerator thing destroying it (at least here in the material). This demoness supposedly lost her memory or there are clones running around that only have her partial memory. She then left the scene and the adventurers scattered to do their own things.

This last foray out into the public I wandered down to Jonni's tower and bar: It's called the Witch and Seer. He's completely revamped the area with an outside patio bar. It is a nice place. Many of the Hero's were there discussing the demons, accelerator which I found out they have, and what to do next. This planular war has hurt the surrounding land. There are swarms of demon wasps and giant demon mosquitos harassing and in some instances carrying off people. They decided to find the nest of demon mosquitos and put an end to it. We went down to Hinhold and found the nest in some old abandoned mines. We took care of the many demons infesting the place.

I really did not do much. Some of the time my arrows would not penetrate the demons. At other times they did well enough, but I personally did not hurt them like the others did. I did manage to stay out of the way and maneuver very well taking only light wounds in the process. Jonni who seems to be an expert in making armor found adamantine veins to mine. Its a very rare and tough metal thought to be mined out decades ago.

Once all that was done, we split the loot and went our separate ways.

There are two camps among these Hero's Half of them do not trust the demonesses and think that the two are playing them for fools in some unforeseen scam to either take their soul's or to get them to do something for their own interest, then take their souls.

The other half believe the stories of the demonesses and are in some way trying to help them with their individual goals.

I imagine when all this is over, I might have to deal with the aftermath of all this. It is a good case study on both the demonesses and the Heros. Demons are psychopaths by nature. They twist the truth to their own ends, play mortals like a fiddle and eventually take a mortal's soul or souls wherever they can. I believe that these demonesses may be at war with each other or this K. However, they are just as bad and manipulative as any other demon. If they are fighting over whole planes of the abyss then they are very powerful and not to be trusted in any circumstance.

There's not much I can do about this. So, I will take my notes and study the situations. Do what I can for the group as this saga goes on, and in the aftermath, if someone needs and wants help. I'm a small fry in all of this and glad to be. I've seen so many things in my life like this around adventurers and my Captains misadventures in Hadrian, Conch and Ascore. Perhaps when all is done, I will have some more wisdom to avoid my own mistakes in counseling the infirm of mind. I consider the 4 truly disturbed patients I have had whether they know it or not. My great success was of course Jannis. the captain was a partial success though I had my own problems in the end of her career. The first woman I ever loved. Her ailment was different in that an outside force caused her disorder and the fact that through the centuries she learned to both control and hide her affliction (whether consciously or sub-consciously.)

My two failures were Raazi and Cormac. Raazi is completely un-rehabilitate able. I thought I was getting through to Cormac. In fact, I know I did get through his defenses several times but alas I was unable to bring him back to a firm mind in the end. No one has seen him in many months so until such time as I see him I will think that his companions in his death cult finally killed and devoured him. or whatever they do after they kill someone.

We will see. I do not think Cormac can be cured however if he does live and does come back to the region then I will be there in one way or another to help if I think I still can lend aid to the destroyed mind inside his thick skull.

Thats all I have to write now. I'm making dinner for Thyr tonight. It will be a good night and she will appreciate it even if my cooking sucks. Should have watched cookie more on the Moonflower.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Cyr comes out of his trance as an arm flops over his chest. Thyr snuggles up and squeezes him with it. "Are you up?"

He smiles and strokes the appendage holding him tight. "Aye that I am now."

"When did you come home?"

"Little after 2. Had to clean up after the full moon service."

"The good priestess should let me dance for you some full moons."

"I got news my darling Mrs. Stafford. Don't know how you going to feel about it."

Her arm retracts and she props her head up with the other side. elbow in the mattress, palm on her cheek. Cyr rolls to the side and stares In her eyes using his hand to prop his head up just like she did. "Well now, What's so important then?"

"I guess I made a bit of impression on Lady Aurora. I'm being transferred to a place along the sword coast. I know you love this area. It's your home and we always knew I would be walking the roads again being that I'm a traveling priest. You can come with me you know. Might find some adventure round the area?"

"I can't leave my home, Jonny. Can't you refuse to go? Stay with me?"

Cyr frowns, "They need me Thyr. I wouldn't be sent if I wasn't needed. I figured though that you would make that choice." He rolls over to retrieve something from the nightstand. It's a long-stemmed rose make of crystal glass. He offers it to her with a smile.

"What's this?"

"Something to remember me by. It's magic. The magic though will only work if its a few miles away from an active mythallar. Merchants use to sell them on the Southbank of Hadrian. This one lights up a pretty orange color. I figure its an appropriate gift."

"Awe, thank ye Jonny Stafford. You're making my heart ache."

"Aye, lets stay in bed the morn. We can make it a lazy day. I'll hit the last caravan headed west near dusk."

"What about your boxes?"

"I'll take them both. The one is the personal effects of the captain. Got to deliver them to Cristine and Zard at the proper time some 200 years from now. That will be a hard day. The other is just too dangerous for the ceruleans to have even though that's what she wanted.

Maybe one day I'll make my way to that candle keep and give them it. Not sure, my love. All I know is it should stay out of the hands of a bunch of wizards."

"Well then if we only have one more day together. I'm sure to make it a memorable day. She gets up on her knees. He rolls back on his back and she sits on his stomach staring down at him. "I'll always love you Cyr."

He smiles, And I, you my lovely lady."

"Will I see you again?"

"Always a chance."

"Aye!" She caresses his cheek a tear in her eye." The couple stay in bed until a little after midday. When finished Cyr gets up and packs. When ready they go to the last caravan for the day. As the wheels start to move they blow each other a kiss. Cyr begins a new journey going west.
CTP team member