Barasume Miwa
This forum is for anyone to put their PC's stories down for other servers than Anchorome and Harvestmoon both long dead. Many may read them and get some inspiration for their own characters or for dming from their adventures.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Barasume Miwa

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Miwa goes to the water barrels with a bucket and sponge. She had just worked a 12-hour shift splitting her time in helping separate debris on the eastern side of where Feywood use to be, coordinating those around her, making sure a steady stream of supplies come in from caravans, and ever watching those around her for possible looting, though she already knew there should not be much, just small nuggets of gold and silver coins melted and reformed.

She turns about the area. Most are silently working. No one reported that they had found a body in the last 4 hours.

She takes her now full bucket to the tent she commandeered for herself. Closing the flaps she undresses and scrubs the soot, ash, and dirt off her body. After drying off with a somewhat clean kimono she dresses in a new commoner’s shirt and trousers: perfect work clothing in these arduous conditions. Her hair is no longer in its traditional warrior’s bun. It is bound by a single strong string, the ponytail going down almost to her waist. Her feet are cut in some places being she does not where shoes except in armor. She ignores them knowing that the wounds will heal quickly from their conditioning. She opens the flaps back up all the way and again watches the work leaning on the tent pole. If not for her light peachy skin, she might be confused with a mainland monk or Shintao.

Without realizing it she slips into a trance for a little over an hour while watching the steady work of those with heart enough to help with both the rescue effort and cleanup of what once was Feysong. When she snaps out of it, she lights a lantern and writes in her journal.

I came back after ½ a ten day of training to find the volcano erupted. A pyroclastic flow had swallowed the town of Feysong, across almost all of Adalee volcanic ash drops from the heavens like snow. That is unusual. Kozakura is a land of volcanos at least one erupting every decade or two. I do not know much nor have seen an eruption because I am a lowlander and far away from the spine of the earth dragon. However, I have had to cover them in my general studies at school.

I rushed down to Feywood first and foremost to find just a few people near the caravan. Mayor Dixon was there. She escaped the destruction because she was away at the time. I consoled her as best I could.

The mind watcher sentinel was there that runs the stand at the crossroads. She was vowing to herd up all the mages of Adalee and put them deep into the asylum’s cellars. The water mage was also there commenting that more people should have listened to him. Julia the head monk at the monastery was there. We spoke quietly. I advised her not to use fire elementals to help. It would only make others even more suspicious of the monks with Auril’s people spreading lies about the monk enclave. The last I spoke to were Luna and her sister that were trying to rouse up the people against the monks. It will be they that will freeze the volcano causing the cataclysmic winter land of the future unless something is done about it. Seeing the utter destruction of the town caused me to understand the futility of trying to find anyone alive (but that would change). I left to find Magus Ranara at the crossroads.

She told me of her theory that a third party was involved in the volcanic eruption. She also told me that the future was changed, and demons wander near the crossroads in the diasporic future time. I took it all into account and asked what she needed of me.
The Magus wanted me to explore the volcano and the lands surrounding it for any signs of tampering. I know that the Magus has become uncomfortable around me and keeps me at somewhat of a distance since I gained my natural fire resistance. I also know that Ranara has transformed herself somehow into a more liquid form in her natural state. She is something akin to a water elemental. So, it would be very dangerous for her to walk among the lava lakes and hot rock areas of an active volcano. With my ability to resist fire and walk upon lava without a burn I would be a better choice to scout the areas.

I will not say what I found in my investigations. I tediously looked in every nook and cranny about the volcano including the lava chamber just under the summit and the jungle deep below the mountain. Unsatisfied, I even went to the heart of the crystal nexus. There I, Drasta a newcomer by the name of Skorn, and Magus Ranana fought the great crystal guardian defeating it in a hard-fought battle many of us falling and others reviving us. The guardian indeed was enhanced throwing hell fire and destruction spells at us in numbers. We almost died several times but, in the end, working together we destroyed the creature if but for a few hours.

When I am ready, I will write a full report of the situation and give it to Magus Ranara who in turn will share it with the council of mages. I am not ready to even put my findings in this journal.

The next mission I had on my itinerary was discussions with the Mythcaller tribe. I had to see if they would accept me as their representative to the human nations of Adalee and if in fact, I was willing to represent them.

Before going there, I studied the tribe itself through my own research at the library in Pyaransk and both in word and letter to Lady Ramana of Feldton and her son Serto. I knew that the tribe was split between the traditionalists led by its shaman and the progressives led by Chief Zavlah. I brought with me Serto and Drasta. Hakk showed up later and turned out to be a boon to the cause itself. Serto’s uncle also showed up after a bit. I do not know this elf and currently do not know what to think of him.

I also asked (purposely) That the shaman be present for the meeting. The meeting went generally well, and together we formed a battle plan to start trade between the Mythcallers and the other settlements of Adalee. I did make two mistakes. The first is I did not bring a gift for the chief. Being that I was looking to be hired by him to represent him I did not think it prudent, however later Hakk corrected me on this. I will remember next time I gain audience to bring a gift for him. The second is I let my underlings. Serto and his uncle spook too much in my name, making me look weak to the tribe. Next time I may come alone or make sure that my advisors know I am the one that must speak their intents.

Still progress was made. I got the go ahead to approach the other settlements for the Mythcallers to possibly trade with them but more importantly I brought the shaman and Chief together somewhat by using my own country’s example. I kept stating and using examples of how my people look to revere our traditional ways and customs in thought and religion while still seeking ways to improve the lives of our citizens.

It seemed to work in the fact that the shaman blurted out that I think more like the Mythcallers than the other humans and elven surrounding me. I gave him pause, perhaps opened his mind a small amount. The first step is accomplished. Now I must go to Newland Bay and petition for an audience of the sheriff and whatever other government the town has; to possibly set up trade with the tribe.

Later I spoke with Hakk at the crossroads. I went over my mistakes and successes with him. I gained much knowledge on my next go around with the tribe itself.

The next day Skorn approached me at the crossroads. He asked me if I was a woman of words that spoke for her people. I thought about this a long time before answering. When ready I told him that yes, although I am not the best of diplomats I work hard to do better. I told him I made my mistakes but try to recover the next time I must do a battle of words.

He considered this for a long time then strangely he told me his story and about his own tribe of Northmen. He told me how his tribe is very small and other tribes in the north are absorbing their territory. He said his own quest is to either become chief and carve back his territory from the other tribes…… or…… bring his tribe to Adalee. He said he would like to find a place for his tribe in the wilderness to the north where the snow never stops. He told me his tribe was peaceful and only wished to hunt and trade, not make war upon their neighbors. He wanted to hire me to represent him and his tribe. I told him I would think about it.

The last thing that happened to me is that I went back to Feysong to find Galia with the group. We spoke of the tragedy at length knowing there was not much we could do for the dead, most if not all being completely consumed by the cloud of hot ravenous ash. Drasta showed up and became quite emotional. She started digging out the ash and debris. I told her many times it was futile.

When she started using magic right beside the mind watcher sentinel, I came to fear for her. I tried to make her stop, but she kept persisting. I had to give up. In the end both Galia and I started to help her. We discussed the viability of bringing any bodies we find back. I doubted we would find any however Drasta is a friend, and I will remain loyal to her cause in this. It is noble of her to press this issue and it will help her grow as a person, possibly severing both the rift and the void within her.

After Galia joined her things got serious. I took all the people there to help bring everything to the eastern field and separate it into piles of rock, burnt wood, ash and dirt. I then realized that they would not stop until the whole of Feysong was uncovered. I wrote a note to the caravan master. I gave him 120 platinum coins to cover the cost and added to it with other shipment orders when the need arises. It was a list of goods. Water, food, picks, shovels and other digging equipment and other things. I then sent a letter to the other cities of Adalee pleading their help.

I also organized everyone wanting to help to separate materials as Galia and Drasta dig and looked out for both fatigue and looting from the others. Many times, I sent one to a tent to rest. I have not yet noted any looters.

So, for the next 10 days I will spend my time here digging, organizing, and watching everyone until the task of clearing Feysong is done and a new city can be built.

I am proud of my companions in this. Their persistence and loyalty to their people leaves me wondering if the west is not all lost to its own degradation. I will meditate on this. For now, it is very late, and I must rest before starting over in the morning.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Miwa collects her things and rations for a 10-day training period alone. She dresses in a simple Gi today. There were some things she wanted to do on the first day. Things she could not do in armor in both testing herself, reflecting on what had happened over the last two days she left Feysong now that much of the area is cleaned up and to pray to Fire Baby to whom the westerners call Kossuth.

Making her way up the volcano she tries to avoid most of the bears and wolves. Some she does. Some she does not. Fighting her way or by-passing them she makes it to the great ash basin then scales the crater which really is just a steep walk. She must fight the elementals for dominance each time. She makes it to the top of the volcano and has to fight more elementals all the time wondering why they always choose to fight her being her devotion to their god among others of the 8 million.

Somewhat battered and bruised she defeats the last of them. There are several lava lakes here. Each will eventually unleash hell upon the lands if the tremors and predictions are true. One of them can create a spark of fire. There is a bridge into the lava on this lake. She walks down it and steps into the lava itself barefoot.

The lava feels like a hot bath to her. She wonders at the sensation for a moment. Lifting her foot out of the lava she sees no burns upon her skin. In fact, the skin itself looks cleaner, healthier, minus the scars that drift up and down the whole of her body from a decade of wars, fighting and torture.

She then walks completely off the small platform into the lava. With her full weight upon it she sinks about ankle deep then stops. Again, there is no burning, only the sensation of being in a hot bath. She walks to the middle of the lake. There she sits in a full lotus and contemplates the whirlwind of activity over the last few days.

She sits there several hours before she thinks she is ready to accomplish the next task she sets for herself. She stands and makes her way back out of the lake. Picking up everything flammable that she could not take with her into the lake, she makes her way to Ashbourgh and the eternal flame.

There she sets an incense block upon the altar and lights a half dozen sticks. Blowing them out the sweet sticky scent of spices fill the air. She then makes an offering of rice and fish and a glass of wine. She goes down on her knees with her hands on the outside of her thighs. She bows to the stone table. And speaks.

“Forgive my presumptuous Kossuth. I am but a layman that worships all the 8 million including yourself. I simply want to pray to you so you may hear my words and beg my plea.

The people of Adalee call out to you. The local volcano has erupted and by the signs will erupt again. This will cause great strife among people not used to your judgments. Kossuth, I plead that not all here are unredeemable. Not all are corrupted. I pray this eruption does not happen even though I know it must, and if it must lend me aid to steel myself against your enemy here. She is the frost maiden Auril, and her disciples. I will tell you my efforts these last 2 days to prevent the future I have seen with my own eyes.

As I came back from training, I met a spy. An elven by the name of Illarundael. He told me many things. He told me of going to the future and finding a break in one of the walls in one of the cities protected by the ice. He met an old woman who told him what had happened during the last cataclysm of the island.

He gave me much information that I now find suspect but used in my two-day journey. He said that the volcano erupted not from the crystal network being disturbed but by the Feysong mine digging too deeply. He also said that in this past, adventurers killed Luna to no avail because Lana raised her to help her freeze the mountain. Illarundael also told me that though Lana could not freeze the entire volcano alone she was given an artifact that augmented her power to such an extent that she could. Kossuth, Kasai Akachan, I cannot confirm that this information is correct. I suspect part of it is not.

After hearing all of this I wrote three letters. One to the dark druids on Illarundael’s advise explaining the situation and wanting them to meet with the leadership of Pyaransk to finally settle all hostilities. One to the house of Mistari in that they would be able to convince the king of the city better than I would a foreign dignitary from half a world away. I also contacted Julia the Abbess of the monastery to hopefully make planes for saving her people and your very own eternal flame from a tomb of ice. Thus, I waited to hear news of any of these letters having fruition for the good of all the people of the island as is my job as an ambassador.

Only one was answered, Kasai Akachan, the one I sent to house Mistari. Here is my letter and her reply.” Miwa reads both letters to the god Kossuth.

Greetings and well met,
House Mistari,

I have urgent and time sensitive news and questions. I would like a representative or your house to meet me as soon as possible. It is in regard to the fair city of Pyaransk and the Dark druid enclave.

Thank you and best Regards,

大使 真夜中 咲く

Ambassador Mayonaka Sakuya

Ambassador,

My house and holdings are extremely busy attending to those of the city who need healing and aid due to the current island-wide situation.

I am also working on getting the barrier in place that can be seen by anyone who ventures into the future.

Those not occupied with all of that are readying our ship for travel in the event this situation can not be rectified.

I will do my best to be available when you wish to speak. Please come to the manor and ring the bell.

Lady Zaraphina Mistari
Mistress of House Mistari

At the appointed hour I and the elven spy went to house Mistari. I had certain reservations, however my duty as an ambassador to the god emperor of Kozakura prevailed. I had only met this noble woman twice. Though I have made a reserved opinion based on her actions before I was open to negotiations in a formal setting. I had hoped to gain an ally in the fight against Lana and her sisters. I also hoped to gain a lasting peace between the shadow druids and the city of Pyaransk. I am sorry to say, great lord, I have failed. This is how it happened.

At first as I and the elven walked into the establishment I was completely ignored giving me time to properly state my case and plea to house Mistari. The elven, Illarundael took over. He fed the wife of the house the information he had come by whilst she made commentary. I quietly observed and took notes of the whole of the affair as taught by my debate and law instructor in my schooling.

I must say Lord Kasai they had some very radical ideas on how to fight Lana. I had to concentrate to retain my passive face. The first thing I noted that there is a ship waiting for them. The Mistari are planning to completely abandon their people of Pyaransk. They also talked about breaking out Haakon and Clarisse from the asylum and having them fight the Frostmaiden’s devotees. It put a chill down my back to hear this. What kind of noble house would use the infirm of mind even powerful infirm of mind to fight their enemy. Clarisse hates the house so much that she would likely turn against them.

When Illarundael and the mistress of the house were finished I started to petition for her aid. She immediately insulted me more than once. It was very direct. I tried to ignore it and continue with the plea to help gather all together, but she became egotistical. Her hubris very apparent. I tried to politely leave as quickly as possible. As any dignitary would in such a hostile environment. Thus, I failed that mission. It was my ill judgement that of all the nobility of Pyaransk I chose that family to petition for aid. I must needs find others in the future to do these things or build my reputation directly so I may speak to the officials and the king himself. The main point is I have failed in my service. I know I will fail at times. It does hurt and sometimes I wonder if I will eventually be able to do my duties as ambassador properly in the future.

Lord I will ever do my best for God emperor Hojo. I have altered my plan and hope to speak with the druids directly now. Perhaps I may convince them to lend aid. Watch over me Lord Fire Baby as I know my husband does. Give me strength to learn better the ways of speaking to people.”

Miwa pauses and looks up at the eternal flame wondering if Kossuth is hearing her voice. She goes back to praying.

"Lord, after a long day of contemplating and meditation I found Galia and Drasta. We went to Drasta’s tower and discussed most of what happened at the meeting with Mistari and plan for the Druids and what to do about the monastery and your eternal flame. We still do not know. I believe Julia the Abbess of the enclave will most likely have better ideas as she is closer to you than one such as I that observes most of the 8 million when coming upon their shrines. She and her sisters will know your thoughts better than I. We also compared notes of the eruption of the mountain. I do not understand after what Galia explained to me how the mountain could erupt this soon. Illarundael told me the mountain erupted because the Feysong mines were dug too deep. However, that is how the old future came about, and the mountain was not scheduled to blow for many more years in this way. If the reason is the same in this new future how were the mines dug so fast so quickly to cause it to erupt now? After listening to all she said and the changes we saw in the future from the last I have my reservations the reason would be the same.

The demons of the crossroads? Your church completely destroyed instead of being Leila’s sanctuary and demons at the enclave across the road. Lord, I think Galia is right. This doesn’t add up. Please give me the wisdom to see through all the conjecture, circumstantial evidence and rumor. I beg you Kasia give me both the strength and wisdom to both understand and do what I must to bring everything to bear to prevent this winter tragedy.

I am thankful Kossuth you may have heard my prayers. Give us all strength to save your people and your holy relic.”

Miwa raises her eyes and then the whole of herself. She looks at the two guardian elementals then to the incense sticks. It is past time for her to go back to her intense training. She gives hope that the fire god has heard her. Bowing to the alter she takes three steps back, does and about face and leaves the lonely temple for the fires of the mountain.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

"Those who embrace great ambition in their hearts have often been individuals of great self-discipline throughout history. Those who possess self-discipline are both fearsome and respectable. If you accompany them, you will learn the trait of self-discipline; if you oppose them, you must prepare yourself mentally.
Some have said, 'True freedom is not about pursuing whims, but knowing how to be in control.' The more self-disciplined one is, the more weight their words carry, and the same applies to their actions and life's path. In a day or two, it may not be evident; in a month or two, it might still be unclear. However, after one year, two years, even ten or twenty years, those who practice self-discipline and those who don't will ultimately be on different paths.
The samurai Miyamoto Musashi is a prime example of discipline in the history of Kozakura. He is renowned for his superior swordsmanship and relentless commitment to honing his skills. Musashi dedicated his entire life to cultivating his talents and warrior spirit.
Self-discipline is also evident in the personal lives of samurai. They know how to control themselves and not let emotions dictate their actions. This allows them to maintain a calm and focused mindset in challenging and dangerous situations. For instance, samurai Yagyu Jubei Mitsuyoshi demonstrated high self-discipline when facing enemies and challenges. He never let fear or anxiety guide his actions, instead, he maintained a resolute and courageous spirit to achieve his goals.
Looking at the exemplary samurai with high self-discipline, we see that it is not just an individual trait but a crucial factor determining success and greatness in life."

Miwa sits in a half-lotus position overlooking Ruby Lake. The time has come when investigation and understanding will cease to be a luxury to pursue. Now is the time for action. The large island full of city states is under attack. No armies march. No scouts haunt the shadows in the weeds. No cavalry charges at an objective. This war centers around three sisters bent on having their goddess rule the entire island and place it in a permanent and perpetual winter. Their weapon is priestly magic. An art Miwa herself barely understands even the surface of.

Miwa had tried to gain as many factions as she could under a single banner of resistance to the dystopian future she had seen with her own eyes. She has had some successes and some failures. She tried to collect as much information and distribute it to her allies as she could. Now she wonders, ‘What will be her small part of the upcoming battle.’ This battle will not be won by an army, something she knows. Something she is always prepared for. It will be won by understanding and preventing the future seen from happening. It will purely be a chess game. It will be cause and effect with each piece on the board needing to play its part to prevent the disaster. Try as she might she simply does not have enough information to know exactly what to do or how things should play out in the end.

During her travels in the west these past 5 years she has gain much in the ways of understanding, yet she could still not compare herself with the wisdom of a priest or monk. She knows she never will. Still all the parts she sees do come together, the answer just out of her reach. In the end she knows she will need to be flexible in mind and adapt to her situation just as in the chaos of battle. The one thing she knows is when next the volcano in the south erupts is when all hell will break loose on the island. She gives hope that it will delay until she can come back from her training.

An Osprey’s piercing shriek brings her out of meditation for a moment. She sees the great bird fly over and start to circle the lake in search of its next meal. Miwa watches it circle and crisscross the lake five times before going into a deep dive, plunging into the water and coming up with a fat fish. She smiles, “Not far off a hummingbird. Perhaps we are cousins in spirit, Mr. eagle.” As she slips back into meditation her thoughts center on something she has put together, and it centers around a certain noble house in Pyaransk. When Miwa was married at 14 and she and her husband divided up their Lord and lady duties on the lands they ruled over for their daimyo, she became the official judge of all civil and criminal cases of the three villages they ruled over.

The first two years were a disaster. She rarely got guilt or innocence wrong however her judgements were unusually cruel even within being within the law. She would have been deemed ‘An Acceptable’ Judge. Which in Kozakurian terminology would mean just competent enough to sustain her job.

That all changed one night when she was 16. She came home late one night from a campaign in the clan wars to find a peasant girl in her bed with her husband. She waited quietly and silently. When the woman woke up and was going to the bed pan to relieve herself, Miwa struck removing her head from her body in one stroke then claimed the right of Kiri-sute Gomen.

In the aftermath her Daimyo judged her legally within her rights but morally wrong. She was punished and made to see the peasant’s way of life as the middle class of Kozakura. It saved her soul. After she was judged herself slowly but surely her own judgments of her people became more measured. She took time to look at all sides and slowly she became a good and reputable figure among her people. They did not give her honor for her moderated judgments of criminals. They gave her honor because they saw their young lady grow to become a competent ruler beside her husband. When her husband died in battle beside her at 19, she understood the gravity of her position and the responsibility that comes with the privileges she had.

She had met the woman but 3 times. This matron of the Mistari clan. Miwa wonders where her husband was and why he never corrected her barbaric and rude and uncouth ways. She was everything that Miwa saw wrong with western nobility. An ignoble woman who cared little to nothing of her people yet claimed the privileges of being noble.

The first time Miwa met the woman she was at the crossroads. Her attendants were pampering her: combing her hair and feeding her an unending supply of wine. Miwa noted it but thought not much of it for she has seen this kind of show of opulence in western nobles before. If it had happened in her country the noblewoman and her husband would have been dragged to the public square and punished severely for the show.

Miwa still held good faith that what she saw might be some form of ruse or political intrigue on the houses part which may be acceptable when in the presence of a rival clan. As the conversation revolved around the campfire turned from one subject to the other. Lady Mistari mentioned torture as a means of training. Miwa wanted to regurgitate but as trained kept her poise. Miwa was intimately familiar with the use of prolonged torture and its long-term effects upon the mind and soul of the subject. Miwa stayed there long enough to be able to politely take her leave. Then she left somewhat saddened by what she had heard.

Miwa stops her thinking for a moment considering the whole of it. She thinks about the path of this woman and that Miwa may have become just like her if not for her husband and Daimyo intervening. It again saddens her heart. She slips back into meditation and thought on the woman.

The second time she met this matron of house Mistari was not by chance. Miwa wanted an expert in her research on the beast of ruby lake. She acquired the head of the monster who is revived after its death every time it is killed. The expert she chose was a necromancer in the hire of house Mistari. On the date of the dissection Miwa had to retrieve the head from a snow mound. She met the necromancer, but she noticed the matron of house Mistari and more of her retainers with her. The matron was silent until they retrieved the head then deafly stated that the dissection should be at her own house.

At this point Miwa was almost sure the matron wanted to completely take over her own research project. Miwa also knew that Galia waited for her to bring the head of the creature to her lair being that Lady Galia all along was part of the research team Miwa had put together. Miwa calmly stated that her own team waited at Galia’s lair for the dissection, and she could not in good conscience veer from that path.

In the middle of the dissection itself the matron began chiding Miwa and her general personage while she was trying to concentrate on the results of what they found of the head. The matron was completely rude, disruptive, and condescending. Miwa ignored it but noted it. She put it to reason that with the matron’s foiled attempt to take over the project she could not keep her contempt of the situation under control. It also sadly confirmed Miwa’s assessment of the situation. Miwa was not the only one who noted it. Galia talked with her afterward commenting on the noblewoman’s blatant disregard for common curtesy.

The third time Miwa saw the woman is because Miwa herself petitioned the house to give aid in the effort to stop the frozen future. The elven spy from the city of leaves reported to her that the dark druids of the ancient wood were at war with the city of Pyaransk. Miwa figured she might be able to gain audience and speak to the druids once being a protector of a druid grove herself on the Island of Thain. However, she knew she stood no chance of convincing or even gaining an audience with the king of Pyaransk, even being an ambassador. She only knew one house in the city, that of Mistari.

Miwa knew that the matron still knew nothing about her other than she is an ambassador of a foreign nation. She had carefully kept her counsel to herself and released no personal information as taught by her teachers during her school. The only thing the matron should have made out is that Miwa was deeply scared by war and that she only afforded herself one luxury. That she liked to wear expensive pretty dresses to try to make up for her destroyed body.

Long ago at age 5 her father had decided to sacrifice her health for strength, speed, and agility. It greatly damaged her own self-identity, being she would have been such a beauty as her sisters’ if he had not chosen to do that. Thus, she became like her war name Hacidri (hummingbird). A hummingbird for all its speed, agility and strength for its body size must continually hunt for nectar to maintain its health. Miwa’s nectar is the blood of her enemies upon her sword blade.

When the two of them walked into house Mistari they had to wait for the matron. A common tactic of someone that tries to disrupt and put themselves above all surrounding them. Miwa was well trained in this tactic if needed. It was normal to her but unnecessary being it was the matron’s own home. When she made her appearance, The spy greeted her. Miwa did a traditional bow to her. The woman greeted the spy and ignored her. They sat down. The spy talked to her about many things. Miwa remembers staying silent and taking copious notes and she is happy she did.

She found out by the matron’s own words certain instances that were of note and that Miwa was mildly or directly involved with. When their conversation was done. The matron’s eyes turned to her. Miwa started to explain the situation as she knew it. It was not long before the Matron accused Miwa herself of wanting to take over the command of all the allies. It infuriated her but her discipline held for the moment, and she graciously explained the job of an ambassador to the matron. Then the matron got egotistical about all she had done as if it was her and her alone that could stop the Aurilites from freezing the island. The condescending attitude, rudeness to an ambassador of an entire nation, and the self-absorption finally got to her. Miwa stood up and said, “I see that I am not welcome here.” She bowed to the matron and said, “Be at peace.” Leaving the house.

All these thoughts swirl inside Miwa’s mind while meditating. She had already taken action for her own self-protection and warned her self-appointed Besshikime that there could be actions taken against her person. Only one other knows of the Besshikime’s existence or relation to Miwa. She knows she must use her ally wisely as not to blow that cover.

Miwa now decides she must pen the letter that she was hesitant to before. She takes up quill and ink.

Greetings Magess Ranara Duauth,

Ever since I arrived on this island to take up my posting you have ever been a competent advisor and staunch supporter of my research. I am graciously thankful to you.

I have heard word directly that your personage may be in great danger. In fact, I am an eyewitness to a confession about an old colleague of yours, Lady Clarisse.

The same people that conspired to put Clarisse into the asylum have set their sights to find the mage that disrupted the crystals and do the same with that person. I do not know the full extent of the lady’s story. However, I do know that while she may or may not have been insane when this was done to her; The long internment and captivity seems to have not helped her mental state. When I interviewed her, I studied her personage. If I were to judge her now, I would have to agree that insanity tinges her soul.

I give warning to you that there are those that hunt you even when not knowing your name. Be watchful and I would in good conscious ask that if needed that you seek legal representation. With a good lawyer it will take these Zealots perhaps may months or years to do the same to you as what they did with Clarisse.

I wish not for those that would harm you to incarcerate you and experiment on you like they have done to Lady Clarisse. If you wish I am willing to speak to you about these ill omens.

Thank you and be at peace,

大使 真夜中 咲く

Ambassador Mayonaka Sakuya of the Kozakurian Empire

Letter completed she gives it to the monastery office for mailing to be sent along to its recipient.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The ash from the mountain still fell and gathered painting everything grey as we congregated at the crossroads. I was the first to arrive setting myself into meditation for the battle to come. Drasta was the next. It was then that I chose to make Drasta a formal proposition. I offered her a contract. If accepted she would receive formal training in my homeland: a special training for women who show skill in both combat and intelligence work. In payment for this training she would be in the service of the Barasume clan no less than three years.

We stopped speaking of this once others joined us. We turned out to be 11 in all. The first two to join us was the gnoll Hakk One who is not of a tribe but supports the local Mythcallers. He comes from very different past and experience. He is a mercenary of some renown on the island of Adalle.

Tomuruil came next his usual cheerful self. I found out later that I may have to avoid him from now on due to his bent toward evil ways. It is unfortunate. The young hot-headed elven monk has so much hate inside. I have tried to help him, but it seems to no avail.

The next on the scene was Galia and her sire sister Beliah. Blue and green dragons respectively. I know Galia very well. We have exchanged council many times while I have been on the island. Beliah I do not know. I do hope they are not playing one of their games with the others here. Though you would not necessarily know if they were. Dragons play a grand form of chess but with real circumstances and real situations using humanoids as their chess pieces. I do forget what the game is called but it is a deadly game.

Next to come to the crossroads was Illarundael. The elven spy who helped me understand the full of what was going on with the frozen future. Close to him a large man in armor appeared. He was most likely an orc or half-orc. I do not and did not catch his name, and then I was surprised. Darkania from the island of Thain made an appearance in her armor and great shield. I was in fact stunned by her appearance. She hardly remembered me but that is ok. We never really talked my year on Thain. She must have heard of our troubles.

The last to show was Cage the wolf born. My fellow member of the Called and old friend. He appeared in his wolf form. When last I saw him the wolf have gone to whatever plane he rested while his twin soul the human showed his face. Now the wolf is back. The human in whatever existence they share together.

Once the group was solidified a beholder like creature came out up to us. It turned out to be the natural form of the Gift Giver. He spoke with us a few minutes before the Architect showed up. Once that happened the Gift Giver drifted back, and the Architect took over. For me it was a bit overwhelming being in the presence of what we Kozakurians would call a god. The Architect greeted and introduced each one of us. He had forgotten my name in fact and said the girl from the far east. I bowed and gave him my court name: Ambassador Mayonaka Sakuya.

Once introductions were over the Architect had much to say. He told us that with the help of a demon lord by the name of Akara. Lana when her 4 children are young goes into the deep past. Many of us questioned this because as far as we knew she only had 3. And with his help performs a blood ritual with them. In this way Lana becomes immortal as long as the children are not killed or do not die. Then even if Lana is killed, she will reconstitute over a number of hours as we have seen in the here and now.

He then told us we must go back into the past to stop the ritual. If we do not. The past will become the present and the eventual frozen future that many have already gone too. We all asked him many questions some he answered some he did not. Some things will remain a mystery for eternity for when we are done the events of the past and present, we know will have completely changed. He also told us that we would change the present either for good or ill but also that we must act quickly so as not to break time itself. When all questions were done, he took a coin from the Ozmund empire to use as a focus and we time traveled to the past.

We found ourselves in a bitterly cold past just outside of a village. It seems Luckily, I had my light armor on, that regenerates. I do not like the cold just as Magess Ranana does not like the heat: Though I may bear it much more easily than she. Walking through the village we found the home of Lana and her children. She must have been preparing this ritual for years and working with this demon prince for years to set up this place. We knocked but there was no answer. So, we busted down the door and went inside.

The place itself was vacant. We did not find much there, just an alter we could neither destroy nor scratch. Some form of magic protected it. We left shortly after finding nothing of use, no clue to follow, and no scrap of information on where she and the children went. Thus, we put Cage’s nose to use to track where they went.

We began to climb a mountain. I am not sure if it was the volcano now dormant or the white mountain of the north. I do not think it matters. It was a mountain. After a time, we came upon the demon prince who looked like a great balor in its prime.

Akara told us it was too late. He told us that the blood ritual had already been performed and that Lana was now immortal. He also said we could not kill him. While we talked Cage, Drasta and I flanked him on one side. While the half-orc and one of the dragons flanked him on the left very slowly. We attacked and killed him. I do not know who struck the last blow it was not I. He was sent to whatever damned plane he had come from. Once it was done. Cage set his nose to the ground once again.

Soon enough we came upon Lana and her children Lyra being the one we do not know. There was a ring of energy around the 4 children. Lana turned to us and laughed she stated with the ritual complete she is now immortal, and we would have to kill the children to end her life and stop the future foretold.

We were in a bind. Tomuruil wanted to kill the children. So did Hakk, and a few others. Cage moved to protect the children while we verbally fenced with Lana. It bought us time. At first, I sat back weighing the grave situation we were in. Lana had to be stopped but if we kill the children our souls would be stained forever for such an evil act. I myself have been stained by my sins many times. I have finally gotten to a place of redemption in my transformation from the Little Wolverine into the Hummingbird. I did not want to go back.

As we stood battling with words something came to me, and I finally spoke. I said to Lana. I asked, “What is power when there is no one to wield it against or for. In the future you will turn everything into a cold hell with little life left upon the island. For all your power and immortality, you will have no one to worship your goddess. You will live in a tower alone, a tower on top of the volcano waiting for the next adventurer to come and kill you for the precious magical ice they seek. The tower will not become your throne. It will become nothing more than your own self-inflicted prison.”

She either did not believe or care. Cage moved to protect the children from the other adventurers. I took his que and did the same. While the other spoke, taunted and fenced a war of words with Lana Cage finally came up with the answer. He looked over to me and said to me greater restoration will break the curse of the children detaching the connection of the blood ceremony from Lana.

I told the other what Cage perceived being I was the only one that fully understood him. I went over and used greater restoration on two of the children. Cage used the spell on one and another on the last. With the connection broken, the children safe we moved in.

I wanted to do the death blow myself but hesitated. In the end Lyra, Lana’s own daughter who now knew Lana had betrayed them all ended her with a shuriken to the head after we the adventurers severely wounded her. We saved the children and changed the future. But what future will we come back too? We do not know.

I do know that this Lyra is just as evil and spiteful as her mother Lana. She may take Lana’s place, but we must have some hope that her path can and will change as she grows, just as my own path has changed though I still have much to make up for my past. I also have some thoughts about things I still think about using that I hate in extreme circumstances like torture for information. I must learn to cleanse myself from these thoughts. The inner struggle must always continue for the Samurai and Onna-geisha, for our own demons will always walk beside us in our dreams waiting to strike when we are at our weakest.

We were brought to a place outside of time. There we were made to sleep. What we will find at the other end; We do not know. What we do know is it will be different, a new world, a new island, for our feet to tread.
CTP team member