Sierra
This is an In Character (IC) forum to post your character biographies and journals, NPC backgrounds, and Histories of the realm

Moderator: rdjparadis

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Sierra

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Fawn had learned the last piece of the puzzle to calling elementals from Phineas. The language of the fire elementals the last language she needed to speak freely with each type of elemental creature. When she learned the language well enough she bought a bunch of supplies and headed to the farmlands. The most expensive of which she made herself grinding thousands of gold coin into powder. She went north to a quiet spot near the road, just south of the woodcutter that harvested an orchard near the temple of Sune.

The first circle she drew was for herself. She hammered a stake on the ground and tied a string around it. Unwinding the string to 1 meter and cutting it. Then she carefully poured the gold at the end of the string to make a perfect circle. She took a sextet out and carefully measured angles and marking just inside the gold circle three marks. Then using a pole she poured the gold inside the circle to make a perfect triangle.

Her circle being done she went to work on 4 other circles each with its own markings. none had pentagrams or triangles for she was not calling the outer planes. It was the first time she was to call to the inner planes. Her very nature being and astral mage made it easy for her to call to the outer planes. The astral plane being a direct conduit from prime to outer planes made it easy for Fawn to understand the magic. The inner planes were a different story altogether the inner planes were connected by the ethereal something Fawn was not as familiar with thus she did not hurry her experiments with it.

Now she was ready. Each circle was two circles the first 4 meters in diameter the next outer circle 4 1/2 meters. between the two were scrolled archaic symbols in the same gold used to make the circles the feat took her 2 days without rest then when each circle was ready she used the four elements in the center of each. A small fire in a brazier for one. A bowl of water in another. Rare gray clay in another brazier. For the last Fawn had to catch a turbulent wind and keep hold of it in the center. This she had to do with magic. Once she had the small turbulence in place she had to adjust herself in the center of her circle and concentrate. While meditating Ferra came along spoke to her a moment and moved on. Fawn was polite. Ferra left quickly seeing Fawn was very preoccupied.

Once Ferra left Fawn started her incantations. She was calling each of the elements at once. The incantation was an adaptation of an astral spell in her mothers book doing near the same thing. It took time each word had to be worded correctly in the correct language. The incantation lingered for well over an hour. Reality skipped a beat. The threads of weave around the circles weakened and opened. The light show could be seen across the river in Lapis as a dim multicolored glow. When Fawn uttered the last word the bonds of the ethereal opened and 4 elder elementals were called at once.

The elementals clawed at their barrier infuriated that a lone mage could call and hold all of them at once. each saw a hated enemy opposite of them to add to their confusion. That was exactly what Fawn had counted on. She struck them all with her will forcing them to to be reasonable. Once they calmed down and were willing to deal on even terms she spoke with each in their own language. Some still tried to rail at her to break the bonds of the circle but she held fast her mind now a steel willed cage few could penetrate. She dealt with each fairly much to their surprise and did not bend their wills to hers but offered them things in exchange for services. They negotiated and as each deal came about one would leave making it easier for her to hold the others to their bonds. One by one each agreement was made and after she released the last she felt happy that she succeeded.

She called the Elder air elemental to her again. The two spoke while she wearily made her way to camp. She almost made it to the logs nestled around the campfire when the strain of her 3 days of preparing and spell casting took hold of her. Her mage staff slipped from her hand and fell to the ground. She did not noticed for she was falling into nothingness.

Silk stalked out of the shadows to find Sierra down on the ground. A cold sweat was coming off of her forehead and she was speaking a strange language as if in sleep. Above her a great air creature stood guard over her body. Silk was in a panic. He ran into Lapis but could find none of her companions that she often prided with. Coming back across the bridge he saw Lomir a mage she had spoken with on several occasions. Silk stopped him then got him to come to her. Lomir bent over her body questioningly. Silk didn't know if he could help. Silk then grabbed the bottom of Lomir's pant leg and started dragging Lomir bodily with him. Lomir got the message and followed silk.

Silk took Lomir to the place Sierra wielded her great magical spell. The very fabric of the weave was frayed in the spot where her circles existed. Lomir added things up and shook his head.

Meanwhile Arrilin found Fawns body still feverish and cold on the ground. Arrilin picked her up and went to Lathander's temple, The air elemental being dispelled by the moving of her body. Arrilin gave the priestess some gold and left. Silk finding his mistress gone stuck his nose down and perked up his ears. He followed her scent trail to Lathander's with Lomir in tow. Lomir came in as Arrilin was leaving. He and silk rushed to her body. Together with the priestesses help they restored her partially. Fawn being almost completely magically drained had a long recovery ahead of her. She woke up after awhile and laid on the floor. she spoke to Lomir. They discussed her dangerous magical spell at length. She tried to get up but couldn't at first and sat for a bit still talking. She then Stood up shaking and dizzy. Lomir lead her to a bench and sat her down.

They continued to talk. Lomir telling her she took too great a risk. Her eyes got droopy. She started falling asleep but before she did she kissed him on the cheek and said, "Thank you for saving me". She then found a pillow on his shoulder and went fast asleep. Lomir held her for a long time. Several hours then picked her up under Silk's watchful eye and laid her in one of the beds in back of the temple. He instructed Silk that she should not move for several days so she could recuperate. Silk jumped on the bed and laid across her so she couldn't move.

Lomir smiled. Watched a few more minutes then left to his own callings.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Of Questions, Secrets and Magic

Toril........... I was not born here yet, It has become my home. I was born not of this plane. An outsider to most and accepted by most as I am. It has been a long road with many questions. Some of these I have found within myself. Some I have not. Why was I abandoned? Am I being protected? Is this a test of myself or my magic. I am called Fawn and this is my story.

I was Born of stars and wind in the depths of the astral plane. My Mother a great Transmuter from a place called Orwin. I have never seen her true form. My father an Abjurer born in a place called the Sea of Dust on Oerth. His olive skin carried threw to me my hair and eyes must have come from her. They both stood the great trial of the shimmers and survived. Both planes walkers in their glory that acquired powers beyond the bounds of most mages. The secrets we together hold must never be spoken. I did not want to know them, but you cannot hold back a curious girl. Thus I too hold great secrets. I was taught by the cats of our island home and my parents adventuring party called a Random Few. A company of benevolent chaos that only takes those that stood the trials and gained much more by them. But This page is not about the past or the present It is about me, my growth, my magic, and my successes, and my failures.

I came here a girl. I have become a woman in full bloom ready to be awakened, ready for that jump to become something more. I feel the urges both physical and magical. I hide them away like all my secrets from my given name to the nature of the world I was born into. A world of fantastic creatures and magic. My first experience was with a cleric of Shar. It feels so long ago. I was unprepared but succeeded my magic rapidly gaining before wisdom taught me caution. Then there was the beast. The first being I tried to fully subjugate to my will. It was a mistake to try to subjugate that powerful an adversary. Together we did succeed in destroying the entity yet I have become tainted by its essence. I feel the taint in my magic. Much like a monk I have ever since fortified my will and concentration to keep the taint from my conciseness. It is controlled yet It exists. I feel it like a shadowy veil hovering just behind me.

My magic is far different than I have anticipated. I thought my strengths would complement my breeding like the cats of the island. They did not. My path lies in the strength of controlling and manipulating another mind. At first It frightened me. Enchantment an unassuming art of power and control. Necromancy is seen for the dark art that it is. Enchantment? It is not seen that way until used then those that know fear, fear it greatly. A great mage from this place. A Silver dragon counseled me on this. I no longer have fear of my art. I have a healthy respect for the potential damage it can do. Thus I try to use the art wisely? Have I always? No I have not but as I grow within the art I have become better at choosing how I use it. I have been tempted many times. Val a strong and handsome drow with an evil mysterious bent. Lomir a sorcerer I have befriended the only person I have told my given name. All because of the urges of a young woman. I am ashamed. I am not ready for such things yet. They say that ones magic is a reflection of their soul. What does that say about my soul as my magic grows ever stronger in enchantment? Will these urges get stronger? Must I live constantly training my mind as a monk? I do not know. I do know that if this is my place in the universe then I must follow. If I too am to face the trials of the shimmers in the future I must be pure in my art and mind.

New threats await me. A Lich that knows my name may hold or divulge other secrets. My friends and I have a plan now to stop him. I may die or become undead. I stand the greatest danger in this venture. I am preparing myself for this and thus I write these journals. Hopefully no one will ever see them for I will survive.

I am Sierra, known as Fawn, an astral mage gifted in enchantment. I have many Questions, many stories, and many secrets.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Necronimicon

It was only a few days ago that Galroos a drow mage aligned with the good forces of this place sent his summons to me. The Avenger came into camp and told us that Galroos had completed his research for both Elith and myself. I looked over at Elith questioningly. He showed no sign of knowing the arch mage. There was a dwarf and member of the Katana with us. The dwarf Telin a drunk that doesn’t seem to like women at all taunted me greatly before the Avenger came to us. The human was handsome enough and kind. I do not know his name unless I reference him........maybe not so handsome since my memory is lacking.

Anyway we gathered our gear and met Galroos in the hall of knowledge. He had a large crystal ball and many papers upon the floor. Galroos had helped me in the past enchant the silver cords and magic jar I need in my battle with the lich Ebonwrath. Galroos told us that the location of the scepter has been found. He also said we needed to get a book called the Necronimicon from Tagnar's tower. I explained to the rest of the party that my magic is mostly ineffective against the undead but that I could do one thing if i needed too that is to fully possess them. My experiments in that regard have left me weak and gaunt. smelling of the undead. They have proven necessary to defeat this lich. I also told them if i made a protective circle to not go into it. I did not tell them why. They accepted and we were off to Tagnar's.

I kept thinking of what Galroos told us that not only this lich looked for the triad but others are and some were close. I could not protect everyone or compensate for other things. I know this lich presents to me the greatest danger. At Tagnar's Elith reminded me of a spell he taught to me some months ago called sunburst. Though I have not yet used the spell I started configuring my mind to use it in the tower. It was too late to use it against the lich and apprentices outside the doors.

We fought our way across the gate. My stone spell used to some effect against them along with the many fire cloud spells. I hurt them while the fighters finished them off. After the fighters finished the last of the undead by the door Ebonwrath showed up trying to taunt us. I quickly hid the diamond between my breasts and threw Bigby's crushing hand which trapped him cold. He spoke a few words and threw hell balls trying to escape my spell by killing me. It didn’t work. The spell dissipated to which i threw Bigby's grasping hand as he tried to escape to the astral plane. The spell transgressed planes to capture him again I felt it. It thrilled and scared me at once to know I could transgress spells to my home plane. I then spoke brashly out loud You cannot escape to the Astral my spells will follow. he said something about me being his pet out loud which infuriated me further.

Ebonwrath now trapped in the astral ( may a searcher toss him out of his body and possess him) Our party went into the tower entrance proper. We fought Tagnar's guardians to great effect at the entrance there I was able to rest and re-align my spells to include sunburst. We went deeper until we came upon a great divination chamber there we found the book and some gold. along with a few other things not worth taking. I needed the gold sorely to deal with the Efreeti in the City of Brass when I travel there. I was happy.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The Magic Jar

We Fled the tower quickly, no one stopping us on the way back to the Hall of Knowledge. Once there Galroos asked if we found the book. We concurred, I told him that Elith had the book. Galroos got excited, over excited and told Elith to hand over the book. I looked at Elith surprised and told him to step back. I then told Galroos that I was sorry but had to make sure he was in fact the archmage I knew. I cast a protective circle around myself and pulled out the diamond. Elith jumped out of the circle. I started the invocation making sure that Galroos was within the circle and thus in the bounds of the spell. I sent my mind into the diamond and sense for a presence within the spells range. I attacked easily throwing Galroos completely out off his own body and taking it over myself trapping his spirit in the magic jar.

I quickly searched my new mind spell repertoire and knowledge as fast as a could. I noted Galroos own struggles with the powers that he researched and his thoughts about how the universe should run. knowing that it was indeed him and knowing he would do the right thing with the book even under his own temptations I left his body and went back into my own releasing his spirit out of the jar and into his own body. He fainted under the strain. I do not know if he actually thought the spell would work. It was an unusual spell only known to a few on Toril, if it is known at all.

We waited for Galroos to gain back his consciousness. Meanwhile Elith was studying me closely, after a long moment he commented, "neat trick" in my direction. I stayed silent. The spell is a powerful one and if commonly known could do great damage so I will keep it close to me. When Galroos awakened I told Elith to give the book to him. Elith refused and cast a spell against mind effecting spells as I casts Bigby's grasping hand on him. The spell failed and he walked out. I was distraught that a dangerous book that gives the magic to those wishing to be lichs be let loose. What does Elith want with it? What will he do. I must eventually find out and confront him about it.
CTP team member