Game of Thrones
General discussion of all things NWN
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Game of Thrones

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Game of Thrones is a new HBO series about a fantasy book series. I watched the premier this weekend.

The first thing I noticed was the scenery. The first three major scenes I saw looked exactly like NWN tilesets. not near, I mean exactly down to the textures. Did anyone else notice it?

The first major scene is in a frozen forest. I looked at it and it caught my breath. It was worms winter tileset. The tree textures, snow everything screemed worms winter tileset.

When they found and beheaded the deserter. NWN rural with gentle hills perfect I can can recreate the scene in the toolset exactly with it using the tiles and placeables in Harvest moon haks.

The scene where the starks were at the holy pool of water. The Baron was cleaning the sword after the beheading and talking to his wife. Its NWN forest with lake tiles. Hes sitting on a worms tree and theres a grass rim exactly where its suppose to be. it was eerie to me. Angel said it felt like home.

If anyone watched please tell me im not crazy.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

There there (says I in my most calming tone of voice) ... there ...there... sit here, have a glass of wine... there there...as I quietly unroll the white jacket behind my back....
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

ok I got some crown reserve and cant wait till next episode. The series is really raw. I like it alot a no holds bar on medievil politics and nature of an era.
CTP team member

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Sounds interesting, too bad I can't watch it.

These scenes you are referring too... are they just far screen shots, or are they animated things or with real actors in the scenes?

I know it IS possible that film companies are using game(s) for stuff, there are actually several instances where that has happened in the past. (No, don't ask, I don't have a clue as to what they were). I know the history channel used some game engine to do their "re-enactments" of ancient battles etc... The Sci-Fi channel also uses CGI stuff for a lot of their movies/series etc.

You might want to post this thread over on the Bioware nwn forums and see what sort of response you get there.
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

They are definately cgi enhanced scenes Bannor and I swear to you I could build the exact scenes in the tileset with existing tiles from multiple haks.
CTP team member