Generic Doors are Here!
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=mondego]Can yow make, in the future, a door (like Moria), but splited in 2, like the real one?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I like your suggestion. It could certainly be done. But I think it will not be soon. The special doors that are unique to each tileset have priority now.

Although there is one tileset where ... :shutup:

(Edit: this posting seems to have been timestamped 7 hours before I made it ...)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=mondego]Greetings!

I people, realy loved your doors.

Just a sujestion:

Can yow make, in the future, a door (like Moria), but splited in 2, like the real one?

One whe can put for exemple in a cave or clif entranse, you can imagine the rest whith some placeables at side.

Carlos:D[/quote]

Generally what you are referring to would be considered a tileset specific door. Most, if not all, of the tilesets that we will be releasing, have at least one 'tile-set specific' doorway and it's associated doors. I know I have seen some dual-width doorways and doors in the sets I have helped to test and fix. I can't give you specific instances though, simply because I can't remember that type of detail on all the sets (lol, you try keeping track on which tile is in which set when you are looking at 39 of them!)

I think some of the doors that we just released are doubles as well, or open in the middle? I do know that ALL the curtains open in the middle, but I thought I had seen some others that did as well, but I can't be positive if they made it through the testing and fixing phase. Sorry.

[Edit] somehow, this message keeps deleting then duplicating itself in this thread. Not sure why folks. OMB, I saw your reply in here, but then it just disappeared... Not sure why that happened.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=Vaei]After you add the hakpak, while it's compiling, just click "Cancel". The hakpak will still be integrated, and you save yourself the compiling time... it's worked fine for me so far.[/QUOTE]

Vaei is right. The mere action of attaching ctp_genericdoors.hak to a module doesn't in itself cause any areas to change and there is no need to endure a rebuild.

You only need new doors, just as you only need new tilesets, if you are building new areas or redecorating existing ones to give them a new look. Then, whenever you save an area, the toolset builds that area anyway.

Nothing can go wrnog ...

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=Primogenitor]Now that is really interesting, I can use that for one of my other projects. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

All part of the service ... :)

Post by Guest »

Greetings!

I people, realy loved your doors.

Just a sujestion:

Can yow make, in the future, a door (like Moria), but splited in 2, like the real one?

One whe can put for exemple in a cave or clif entranse, you can imagine the rest whith some placeables at side.

Carlos:D

[Edit notes by Bannor Bloodfist!] - Carlos, something happened to this thread, there are a couple of replies to this particular message, but they are located a lot farther down in the messages... which is NOT supposed to happen. Somehow, your message was originally timestamped here at 10:17 AM, but the server now thinks it is about 5:17 AM? So, look down below for direct answers to this message!

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

So nice to finally get something on the Vault. Hopefully I will get the necessary time to get the Skyboxes up in the near future ;). That is one more hak that does not need to be tied in with the main Tileset Haks.

*also I am testing this timestamp issue*

Hmmmm... Might have been a temporary issue with my web hosts mySQL server. ???

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

QSW

Post by QSW »

*Smirks* How many differences can YOU spot?:_glasse:

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Great job OMB and Bannor! We made our first mark!!

[CENTER]:smile2:
[/CENTER]

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Yay, go CTP :)

[QUOTE=Christopher]So nice to finally get something on the Vault. Hopefully I will get the necessary time to get the Skyboxes up in the near future ;). That is one more hak that does not need to be tied in with the main Tileset Haks.[/QUOTE]Any update on this, pretty please :)