Generic Doors
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

[QUOTE=OldMansBeard]Incidentally, the 255 limit also applies to generic doors (but not, thankfully, to tileset-specific ones). I've "bagged" 151..255 for ctp generic doors and about three-quarters filled that space but that still leaves 11..150 for doors from outside the CTP, so I hope not too many people will feel aggrieved.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Courier New"]Good to know, I am about to add to my module a new hak that was recently published and includes a collection of generic doors. I'll make sure I place them in the free slots to mantain compatibility with CTP generic doors.

Although I suspect that you'll be publishing more or less the same door models as this hak.
*coughs* It'd be *coughs* nice *coughs* to *coughs* have a *coughs* early release *coughs coughs* of your *coughs* generic doors *coughs* to use instead *coughs coughs*
[/FONT]

:D

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=lord_rosenkrantz][FONT=Courier New]Good to know, I am about to add to my module a new hak that was recently published and includes a collection of generic doors. I'll make sure I place them in the free slots to mantain compatibility with CTP generic doors.

Although I suspect that you'll be publishing more or less the same door models as this hak.
*coughs* It'd be *coughs* nice *coughs* to *coughs* have a *coughs* early release *coughs coughs* of your *coughs* generic doors *coughs* to use instead *coughs coughs*
[/FONT]

:D[/quote]

Hmmm... sounds like you might have come down with a cold there bud...

And NO, I mean NO, to pre-releases.

Not because we don't want to give you the stuff, but because due to changes in how everything ties together, it can easily break a mod.

We are just now testing the generic doors, and I think you are probably right in that a lot of the content from our generics have already been seen by the public.

The big difference is that OldMansBeard has done some really amazing work to actually get those doors to work correctly.

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

[FONT="Courier New"]Heh, no worries, I knew there were very little chances, but it was worth asking, because I too trust that OldMansBeard has done an amazing work ;)

Otherwise, what was the point in asking? :D
[/FONT]

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=lord_rosenkrantz][FONT=Courier New]Heh, no worries, I knew there were very little chances, but it was worth asking, because I too trust that OldMansBeard has done an amazing work ;)

Otherwise, what was the point in asking? :D
[/FONT][/quote]

No worries.

I plan on releasing these in two forms, both as a .hak and a .erf to make it as easy to import these into a mod as you choose.

Hopefully, we won't be stepping on too many toes with the numbers that were chosen, but there is always the possibility that a door may be re-used etc somewhere. For those that can edit 2da's, they shouldn't have too much problem, for those that can't edit 2da's to make merges, they can always choose to NOT use the CTP doors if they interfere with what they (the builder) already has included in their mods.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=lord_rosenkrantz]Good to know, I am about to add to my module a new hak that was recently published and includes a collection of generic doors. I'll make sure I place them in the free slots to mantain compatibility with CTP generic doors.

[/QUOTE]

If it helps, if you let me know which collection you are referring to, I can probably tell you how much similarity there is likely to be ?

Post by Guest »

[FONT="Courier New"]Hakpack and screenshot

I haven't had the time to test it yet though, so it might also not be worth it.

[Edit]: not even sure it is a collection, though, maybe in my mind I am mixing up two different hakpacks that have nothing to do one with the other
[/FONT]

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=lord_rosenkrantz][FONT=Courier New]Hakpack and screenshot

I haven't had the time to test it yet though, so it might also not be worth it.

[Edit]: not even sure it is a collection, though, maybe in my mind I am mixing up two different hakpacks that have nothing to do one with the other
[/FONT][/quote]

Nope, we had not even SEEN that hak set yet. It was just released a few days ago!

Those doors are all unique.

Now, numbering wise etc, well, we would have to investigate, but they could be made compatable with just a bit of 2da editing I am sure. They just will NOT be included in our sets.

Too new, and we have been in 'content lockdown' for a while now.

However, those are some really nice looking doors!

Post by Guest »

[FONT="Courier New"]Well, if I happen to have a look at them and to successfully test them too, I'll make sure I'll let you guys know.
Who knows, they might also not require any bug fixing, and you could add them on the fly to your hak, or anyway with little additional work from OldMansBeard.
[/FONT]

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

Ah, that one. Yes. I had seen it.

There will be very little overlap of content - two of the wooden doors and two of the curtains are more or less equivalent in appearance but on the whole they are all different.

There would be no problem merging the 2da files.

The models in the hak are somewhat buggy, certainly not as bad as some I've seen, but I wouldn't have accepted them for CTP without reworking. (edit: To be fair, there haven't been ANY that I've accepted without reworking so that's not intended to be any kind of slur on these particular doors). They are useable, though, if you don't mind the odd glitch.

The curtains are very buggy but that's normal - up until now, everyone who has reskinned these has taken the same buggy original and not fixed them. CTP curtains are a lot less buggy :p:

One tip - if you do use these curtains, use them in areas with at least some ambient sunlight or moonlight (middle grey is sufficient in most cases). Otherwise the folds will be deeply shadowed and they will look unimpressive.

Overall recommendation - go ahead and include the hak in your module. You will be able to add the CTP generics later if you want to.

Post by Guest »

[FONT="Courier New"]You know what, why should I go for "somewhat buggy" material, after all?
I might extract and use one or two of those models that perfectly fit the tilesets I am using (if they aren't too buggy), but otherwise I'll just wait for the release of your generic doors.
After all, I'm not even sure our PW will be ready earlier than your first release :_nono:

:D
[/FONT]