CTP Gothic Interiors Question
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

It's a lot simpler to use GetHenchman(oPC,nNth)

But in the OHS I put jumps in the associates' heartbeats and it works fine. Always has.

Tristan Kalaman

Post by Tristan Kalaman »

[QUOTE=Mask]Also note this will only work with 1 henchmen, I can tweek this a bit further to handle all henchmen, if anyone wants it.[/QUOTE]

By henchmen, do you mean all followers? Or actual multiple henchmen as opposed to someone dragging a summoned, familiar, dominated and hired henchman behind them?

If so, I would like to see it handle all henchmen.

Thanks!

Wish I had the bandwidth to understand this stuff, anyone know of some good wetware upgrades? :)

/Tristan.

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Mask]Amatures(Not you Dave, but that Moon Person sure as hell is)..
[/quote]

Lol, thanks. I should have clarified though - knowing what script to poke at seemed more relevant than the actual details of Moon's fix. I think I've had long long IRC discussions about the best way to loop through all your pets to fix the darn thing too.

[QUOTE=Mask]

mmm, I managed to trim off 6 lines of code rewriting this to a simpler format. Because function call count is identical, there will be no speed increase doing it this way, however, the script will take up less space, meaning the module will be maybe 0.1KB smaller. Trivial gain on something this small, but if that script off the vault is any indication, DM Moon needs to serirously consider re-reviewing his/her work for clarity and simplicity.

Also note this will only work with 1 henchmen, I can tweek this a bit further to handle all henchmen, if anyone wants it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you could improve on our code too. I think we may loop through associate types, as they're all consecutive constants in nwscript, but it's generally a safe assumption on our PW that you have a maximum of one associate of any given type. I haven't cracked it open in a while though and forgot to last night [the hockey game was on out west by the time I got home from work]. :)

-Dave

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Mask got bored. Untested as of yet, but I'll be doing that at some point tomorrow I suspect. Anyway, the key works here are... Despite the lexicon's remarks, I still left in my own safety check, Just incase it does return return a PC.

[QUOTE]If bPCOnly is TRUE the returned faction member will be a PC.
If bPCOnly is FALSE, it will only do non-PC faction members. [/QUOTE]

Code: Select all

void main()
{
  object oPC = GetClickingObject();
  object oTarget = GetTransitionTarget(OBJECT_SELF);

SetAreaTransitionBMP(AREA_TRANSITION_RANDOM);
      // Jump the PC
    AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions());
    AssignCommand(oPC, JumpToObject(oTarget));

// Not a PC, so has no associates
    if (!GetIsPC(oPC))
        return;

// Get all the possible associates of this PC via loop
object oMember = GetFirstFactionMember(oPC, FALSE);
while (GetIsObjectValid(oMember))
    {
    if(GetIsPC(oMember))
        {
        oMember =GetNextFactionMember(oPC, FALSE);
        }
    if(GetMaster(oMember)==oPC)
        {//If oMember's Master is the PC initiating the trans.. jump oMember.
        AssignCommand(oMember, ClearAllActions());
        AssignCommand(oMember, JumpToObject(oTarget));
        }//Now.. we want next faction member.
    oMember =GetNextFactionMember(oPC, FALSE);
    }
//Just because I'm not sure dominated critters count as party members.
object oDomin = GetAssociate(ASSOCIATE_TYPE_DOMINATED, oPC);
AssignCommand(oDomin, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oDomin, JumpToObject(oTarget));
}

raven280

simple script question?

Post by raven280 »

Hey Mask,
I have what I think is a simple question about scripting and portals. I am rebuilding one of the original PW's for NWN that I inherited, and would like to add "special effects" to a portal when it is used....I have seen it done on other PW's, but have never seen a script on the vault for it. Nothing fancy, maybe just some spell type visual effects when a PC uses a portal to TP. I would appreciate anything you can tell me, or direct me where I can find an answer to this. I have no scripter for this PW, and I have never been any good at scripting myself. Thanks!

Raven280

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Here's a teleport script straigth outta LoN.

void main()
{
    object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
    object oJumpPoint = GetWaypointByTag("TP_EVERLUND");
    DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand (oPC, JumpToObject(oJumpPoint)));

ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(472), GetLocation(oPC));
}
Just change EffectVisualEffect(472) to use the constant of the VFX you want to use. Like so: EffectVisualEffect(VFX_FNF_DISPEL_DISJUNCTION) anyway a few suggestions below:

VFX_FNF_SUMMON_GATE
VFX_FNF_DISPEL_DISJUNCTION
VFX_FNF_ELECTRIC_EXPLOSION
VFX_FNF_MYSTICAL_EXPLOSION
VFX_FNF_NATURES_BALANCE
Keep in mind, you want to delay the teleport call for a few moments to get the PC teleporting to see it.

raven280

Thanks...

Post by raven280 »

Thanks for the fast reply... I will give this a shot. LoN? With this script, am I limited to just one visual effect, several in a row, or several at once? Does this script go in place of the current portal script, or added to it somehow?

Raven280

CTP Gothic Interiors Question

Post by Guest »

Not sure on question # 2 but Im pretty sure you cant use an unlocked iPhone with verizons service. You can only use it with services that use simcards. AT&T, T-mobile, or any GSM.