CTP Babylon Dedication
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

CTP Babylon Dedication

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

This set, in its entirety is dedicated to one specific individual (and his overlord). Known in the community as Old Mans Beard (OMB), this person has contributed many useful tools to the community at large, and to CTP in specifics. If you have not checked out the OldMansBeard Henchman system then you really should take a look, you can find a link for it at the bottom of this document. OMB created the first Generic Door hak released by the CTP, some really amazing work on those doors. They can be used in almost any tileset out in the Neverwinter community. OMB also created the Clean Models program (also known as his supreme overlord), current version is 3.x (link at end of document.) CM3 is one amazing tool. It really cleans up about 95% of the bugs in a given mdl file. Bugs generated by human error or by import/export utility errors. If a mdl has an error that CM3 can't handle, CM3 typically tells you about it in such a way as to make the human intervention easy to accomplish. OMB has kept the team alive in many other ways, and never ceases to give everything he has to help the team along. He created many tools that we use behind the scenes to test all of our tilesets, up to and including macros for ensuring that every tile has been painted and seen at least once in any test module. We have individual tools that are given to each team member when they log into a test module that enable us to report bugs in an efficient manner and with a unified set of descriptions and problem types. In Babylon, we had a problem with a specific set of terrain tiles. They needed special attention. OMB took those tiles and with his amazing Wizardry has created something that will totally blow your mind. Be sure to check out the 'Rooftops' terrain tiles. They have depth, they change between night and day, they have a sense of style that is totally unique in the NWN community. OMB has this saying “Miracles are accomplished daily, the impossible takes a bit longer.” (I know that quote is wrong OMB, forgive me!) and OMB is THE Miracle Worker on this team. When we run into a problem that we just can't seem to solve... OMB passes his wand over it and if fixing is possible, it happens. OMB, the CTP team really appreciates all the work you have done and will continue to do for us and for the community at large. May God bless you and keep you.

P.S. Also note that the Hanging Gardens group within this tileset is specifically dedicated to Estelindis, without her help, this set wold NOT look as great as it does.

OHS (Old Man's Beard Henchman system) OHS
CM3 (Old Man's Bear Clean Models Program) Clean Models
CTP Generic Doors (By OMB) CTP Generic Doors

Dragonstar

Post by Dragonstar »

Congratulations to all of you on a gorgeous piece of work. And the honor paid to OMB is special as well!

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

Things will not be the same without OMB around. Being around here quite often, I have developed a deep respect for OMB. When help was asked of him, I never saw him say no. Not only that, he would tell you how to fix it, how to prevent errors while doing so and, sometimes, do it all for you. I have a feeling that if my shoes were untied, he could write a script to tie them for me. OMB will be sorely missed. I echo everything that Bannor said. Gods speed OMB and I hope that our paths cross elsewhere in the future.

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

OMB really deserves the dedication. His ability to think outside the box and his loving friendship towards us has been of incomparable help in making this tileset what it is.

Personal thanks to OMB for all this, and also (especially!) to Bannor for the hanging gardens group. :love:

WojtekPod

Post by WojtekPod »

I agree with what was said above - without OldMansBeard's work (particularily tools) all CTP-related tasks would be a lot harder. :)

WojtekPod

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

a much fitting dedication to a tireless individual who has provided so much support to numerous community teams throughout the years. i doubt anyone could calculate the woman/man hours his efforts have saved to everyone. OMB is one of many heroes throughout this community and having this dedicated to him brings a tear of joy to my eyes.

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Dedication for this wonderful work to OMB is much deserved, and OMB has done much to make all of what has made the CTP such a wonderful and talented team. I would like to throw a nod of thanks and respect also to Bannor for his vision and his leadership. His dedication to keeping this team alive and moving in the direction that has lead to the release of Babylon and all of the previous releases has been excellent and is much appreciated. As to the entire team and their many hours of work...Thanks for all you have done for the CTP and NWN. Great Job!