d20mm or other modern content?
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

d20mm or other modern content?

Post by Chandigar »

Anyone familiar with d20mm or any other modern content? Since I'm not really that "up" on the latest vault stuff.

Specifically, placeables like cars and stuff like modern clothing. I know d20mm has scripts for shooting firearms and stuff, so not as worried about that.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I see you found their website. We used to have some members of the d20 modern project on this site sometime back (perhaps a year ago). Not sure how much activity has been going on with that Mod project.

I am almost certain that a placeable hak was created. I would just play around with some search strings on the vault.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

The d20mm forums aren't super active, so cross posting a bit here since there seems to be a bigger variety of active CC'ers on this forum.

How hard would it be to make a quickie modern module?

Just thinking ahead a bit... and of course this shows my noobness with making modules and scripting and such, but I'm going to want to include a SHORT demo module.

It would be really cool if you had your main PC wearing jeans and a tshirt with a baseball bat or shotgun fending off hordes of zombies... also wearing suits or jeans or whatever... but I have absolutely no clue as to how hard it would be to get the necessary scripting and such ported in to make this possible.

Can someone give me a 2 minute overview of what would be required? I figure the module will probably just be hack n slash and relatively short... get from point A to point B alive with a little bit of strategy for avoiding huge hordes etc.

raven280

A quickie Mod...

Post by raven280 »

Hey Chandigar,
If you were wanting to build a simple hak and slash type mod, it would be pretty easy compared to all of the work you have done to make custom modern tilesets. Just layout the buildings, streets, ect in some kind of logical order that best shows off the looks of your new tilesets, add whatever modern placeables that you have made or found from d20 to add to the tilesets to give them detail, and then place a starting point. Some of the existing NWN placeables like lightposts should be compatible as well. Have you tried to email any of the d20 members to see what they are up to these days, and maybe they can send you whatever they were working on or had completed on their project? I would also contact Lisa over at DLA about modern clothing for PC/NPC's...she is the community leader as far as outfitting characters in NWN (even the live team at Bioware uses her for their clothing needs now). If you need any help actually making a demo mod, let me know and I will help you out on this....

Raven280

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Cool, thanks Raven. The tileset is probably hrmm 85% done now, but I haven't had time to touch it in a couple months. I still plan to finish it though. I have a couple groups left on my list, then a bunch of placeables.

I've been on the d20 forums but they're mostly awol or working on very futuristic stuff.

I guess the biggest problem is that I really have no idea how to use any type of hak other than tilesets... but thanks for the offer of help, I'll probably take you up on it when I'm closer to being done.