WIP: UDP1 - Suburbia
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Grov

Post by Grov »

Christopher wrote:Another realy cool interior set would be a mall! Think "Dawn of the Dead". Did you find any d20 tilesets that were released?
Hmm, I found some...
By the phrasing you used, shouldn't they be released?

Here is som screens if somebody has missed them before, please excuse the quality of the pics.

PIC 1
PIC 2
PIC 3
PIC 4
PIC 5

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

Where are those screens from? I think the d20mm guys have an old beta version of their city exterior released somewhere, but one guy has been working on a new exterior. One of the guys asked if I would be available to help with it after the suburbs are done... I said "maybe".

Those screens look a bit like a reskin/mod of a regular city exterior... not horribly fond of that.

Grov

Post by Grov »

Chandigar wrote:Where are those screens from?
Screenshots from my toolset.
Its a reskin with some new models/crossers and general pilfering done in the .set file I guess.

Got two more tilesets. Modern Interior and The VirtuNet.
Sadly nothing spectacular there.
Probably could post some shots of if interested.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Grov wrote:Screenshots from my toolset.
Its a reskin with some new models/crossers and general pilfering done in the .set file I guess.

Got two more tilesets. Modern Interior and The VirtuNet.
Sadly nothing spectacular there.
Probably could post some shots of if interested.
Cool hrmm you may want to get in touch with the d20mm folks, the guy working ont he city exterior could use some help I think.

Grov

Post by Grov »

Chandigar wrote:Cool hrmm you may want to get in touch with the d20mm folks, the guy working ont he city exterior could use some help I think.
No, "I" dont have my own sets, these are sets I downloaded through the great 'ole internet.

But if somebody would be interested in the files I have, I'll happily share them.
But again, these are not my original work, I just happen to have them.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

A school.. or possibly some sort of small office. Identifying marks purposely left off for versatility. A few variations on this including an uncool blocky brown brick one, which is more realistic for a school :P

A couple houses... both blue at the moment and no doors. More colors will be available. Looks like one of them can afford central air... and they both need their gutters cleaned.

Grov

Post by Grov »

It's almost as I sit around watching those screenies waiting for Tony Hawk come grinding on the roofs!

Excellent work as ever Chandigar!
Could one do a carport-door that swings open, like a reversed drawbridge?

Any plans for a small park or kindergarden?

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Yep, planning at least 2 types of garage doors...

And yup, probably going to do a jungle gym type thing, but that depends on time. Going to revise/modify my todo list today I think.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

I wonder if things like signs, lampposts, etc should be placeables rather than in the tileset? That way they can be destroyed/moved/etc.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Primogenitor wrote:I wonder if things like signs, lampposts, etc should be placeables rather than in the tileset? That way they can be destroyed/moved/etc.
I used to think that everything should be placeables... but placeables are a LOT tougher on engine performance.

In theory, anything that has to change ground geometry (ie like a hill or something that you can walk on top of) has to be a group, the rest can be placeables.

I'm doing a mix basically. Some signs like parking signs, stop signs at intersections etc are inserted automatically... as are cross walk signs when you paint a crosswalk. I'll probably include a few extra as placeables as well.