Sea of Fallen Stars and NWN Tilesets / Placeables
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Skunkeen

Sea of Fallen Stars and NWN Tilesets / Placeables

Post by Skunkeen »

ive been a acomplished DM for NWN1 before getting the NWC grand hall of fame DM award. im at a point now with NWN1 I want it to be new to me again and build locations within the Forgotten Realms that cant be done with CEP alone. I hope to someday claim to game every published Forgotten Realms module with NWN or with my table top group. I have built areas for a couple PW's and regret never submiting my work to the vualt to become a acomplish builder as well.

ive always been appealed to doing at sea adventures but visualy with tilesets, creatures & scripts wise there has been alot of limitaitions to do that. now I have the scripting part taken care of theres a need I have for custom content to make things look a whole lot better at sea.

more at sea ships and a few more planked ships together. a walkable water area with a walk mesh up along the sides of ships so giant creatures can attack players from the water (think kracken tenticles or mermaids and dolphins following a ship or Shaugiun attacking and climbing onboard but closer to the ship then what can already be done with a area just from adjusting the CEP water position)

and also so other ships set as creatures can visualy aproch thus loading up a combat encounter area or give the players time to use on ship cannons or magic to stop the aproching ship.

tileset ships without sails so they can be replaced by animated placeable sails that would add to the visual effect of changing direction.

ive taken up working on the Sea of Fallen Stars. its a project that many have attempted before and failed due to the lack of content able to do this. I have alot of learning to do building custom content. I dont want to depend on anyone to build it for me. would be great if there was such a tileset in the works, but I hope to learn how too with the help of CTP standards reading through your forums and what other helpful info I may find. my only other current project besides doing DM events a little more less this year is building a DM series of video Lessons on how to become a powerful NWN1 dungeon master for youtube & the NWN vualt and working alot more in the toolset

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

I pulled a copy of your Post over to this forum as you seemed to be looking for input. I think You have some good idea's and this is the place to talk about it. Couple of idea's from a CTP stand point...

Work in progress right now is a CTP - Desert Combo. I spent 90min last night working on a 2x2 group to shore up the unlocked camera view. So when you drop down to the character level you don't see all the holes / gaps in the buildings (I have a lot more to do). If this set goes the full path it will include terrain's that will make this set useful for Underwater Settings. That is a ways down the line as current work is on the Desert City portion.

Another set that is down the line is our CTP - Tropical. This sets bugs have been logged but no work done at this stage. Ideally this set would have a higher concentration on ocean content. I am not sure that is does... but I have been looking at TNO's rolling waves and they are really cool. We already plan on integrating some of Bioware's Tropical content and of course working in existing custom content.

Enough of what CTP might or might not do...

The ship idea is cool and I don't know that the CC community has any tiles that involve ship to ship combat. Here are some idea's which is what this forum is for;
  • Massive tile groups (6x6) built with two ships side-by-side with wok enabled planks (grapple hooks for visual effect).
  • Sea monsters able to get on the ship? Water ramps that are wok/walkable onto ships. It's a world of magic after all.
  • I can see making versions of ships that have sails down. The placeable idea is stretching things a bit.
Those are a few thoughts.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Christopher wrote:
  • I can see making versions of ships that have sails down. The placeable idea is stretching things a bit.

Wonder if sails could be done as a tile specific animation?