Unique Large area creation
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Unique Large area creation

Post by Christopher »

I became fascinated by this idea last year but never got very far in the conception. Have you heard of e-on's software Vue 7?
Vue 7 xStream offers professional CG artists a complete toolset for creating and rendering exceptionally rich and realistic natural environments in 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Cinema 4D and XSI.
Access all the power of the world's leading 3D scenery program directly from within your favorite application. Create and edit beautifully detailed natural environments using your application's standard manipulators.
Render everything together inside 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Cinema 4D or XSI, with full interaction between Vue and native elements, including 2-way mutual shadow casting, reflection, refraction and GI.

The idea would be to design the terrain in Vue 7, then import the mesh into 3dsMax. What follows would be time consuming but resize the area then use tile slicer to make large groups.

Due to the way NWN works you would have to do all the texture work in Max as well as Wok creation. What I am proposing is really dummying down Vue7. I suppose other applications like Terrigagen or World Builder could do similar mesh.

Ultimately this kind of tool is going to most useful for toolsets that require a complex pre-built scene like the Witcher or possibly DragonAge.

It's a very cool looking application. I played around with Vue 6 and am looking into this application with interest.

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Winterhawk99 »

all i can say is wow if only nwn1 could get scenary like that. it was as close to lifelike as i could picture

thanks christoper for the post