txi file specs
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

txi file specs

Post by Guest »

There's not much out there in the way of txi file documentation, however at http://mitglied.lycos.de/thorstenwillert/nwn/sonstiges/example.txi there is a reasonable example of a txi breakdown.

Chandigar had some terrific advice to optimize by letting the texture do the work instead of having a polygon overcount.

The question being, is there any more documentation how to set these up other than disecting txi files and trial & error experimentation? On Bioware's boards there is basics about how to include it into the hak, but didn't see anything substantial.

Fields like bumpmaptexture make sense like in tcn01_water.txi, however I could use a little explaination of how things like "downsample", "proceduretype", "blending mode", and "mipmap" affect the game. What is a "arturo" procedure type vs "perlin" procedure type?

And I see that a bumpmap texture has to have it's own txi information too. What are the required fields for those? I.E. tcn01_water.txi specifies shinywater bumpmaptexture and the shinywater.txi has it's own properties. shinywater.tga loads up in PhotoShop as a 8 bit grey scale. I assume this to be the correct saving procedure as well, but I could also use further explaination of how the "water" procedure type relates to these files.

Perhaps there are some tutorials out there I have not seen as of yet someone can point me too?

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

Well shoot. Learn something new every day. I wasn't aware that NWN supported bump mapping. From your example though, it would appear that this may be something related to animated textures only rather than static ones... I'll have to look into this tonight maybe.

Post by Guest »

No bump map support, it is specific to the water procedural.