Last Door question
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

coolmac55

Last Door question

Post by coolmac55 »

Greetings,

Another Door question! Maybe my last also, I'm just about finished going over my Area related haks.

TCP_UDoor_11
TCP_UDoor_09

These doors don't have a DWK with the model in the common hak. I'm not a door master, and lack the understanding of such stuff. Is that right?

Also:

doortype 2da

Line 781 has: HutDoor*RC ctp_curtain_07 tccr0 but it's not in the set file.

That curtain is also in the generic doors hak.

Could someone explain these things to me just a little; in layman terms please?

Thank you all for the help,
CoolMac55

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

• TCP_UDoor_11
  • TCP_UDoor_09

are pure transitions with no geometry. They do not block movement so they do not need dwk's.

• Line 781 has: HutDoor*RC ctp_curtain_07 tccr0 but it's not in the set file.

It's duplicated in ctp_common.hak so it is always available whether you are using ctp_genericdoors.hak or not. The files are identical, so there are no conflict problems either way.

coolmac55

Post by coolmac55 »

Well, I'm certainly glad I ask the question; your answer regarding the dwks set my mind at rest, and I thank you for that answer.

I'm not at rest regarding the other door though. I'm no door guru and I know it is hard at times explaining things to laymen. Maybe I'll re-ask the question. Disregarding the generic door part. It's not relevant to my question anyway.

I'm rebuilding my door types 2da. I usually cross check all the doors that I list in the 2da with the set file. I do that to make sure there are no errors on my end. As I understood from reading your site; any door that is listed as "0" is a standard size and a generic door can be placed there. If a door # other that "0" is placed on the door line in a set file, is uses a tile set specific door. Usually made to fit in an otherwise non standard or generic size.

What am I missing here? I'm still confused about the line with a door number that is not called in the set file.

(Line 781 has: HutDoor*RC ctp_curtain_07 tccr0 but it's not in the set file)

Going through the area related part of our haks has been something I both wanted to do and dreaded for about two years now. I like to play, but for the first time since the game was released I've been unable to. I dream about this stuff, and work on it day and night. I haven't played since I started working on this part of the haks. It's been three weeks of constant work going back through all this stuff file by file, line by line. I've one big area related project to do next and after that; I'm going back to the Rules, Creatures and PC parts. I can play while I work on those parts. This line, is the last unanswered thing I have left in this areas.

Almost there,
CoolMac55

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

Let me check on that door. I know I put it there for a reason.

(edit -added)

You're right. It's not used. It was *supposed* to be used in the hut doorways in the tccr0_s* tiles but it's been replaced with Type=0 generic door references in the .set. That seems to have been a mistake, at least it's not what I intended at the time.

Hey guys, we have a BUG in CTP Release 1 :eek:

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Eeek!! :icon_eek: I'll get on this ASAP... Thank you for the report! ;)