Tileset 2da standards?
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

NessajofNWN

Tileset 2da standards?

Post by NessajofNWN »

Im curious if there are standards, reserved lines, etc in the community concerning doortypes, genericdoors, loadscreens, and placeables 2da's. Any links or info is useful, thx in advance.

Michael DarkAngel
ctp: No
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Michael DarkAngel »

There was at one time a doortypes.2da that was used by a few of us cc creators that provided tileset specific doors. You can find it in my City Bridges hak, and I believe in Lord Rosenkrantz's haks as well. He is the person responsible for instituting it IIRC.
MDA
TBotR
"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

NessajofNWN

Post by NessajofNWN »

Thx, Ill check it out.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Ummm... doortypes.2da will change with ANY tileset that uses tileset specific doors. Most tilesets do have custom doors for certain groups, or features. City Gates, Up/Down stair wells for interiors, etc.

Any tile, feature or group that paints with a door already in place, is using the doortypes.2da for it's reference.

Now, as for 'standards' and 'reserved' lines... that's sorta a catch as catch can, and most likely, your individual doortypes.2da will have to be modified/merged with whatever custom tilesets you intend to build with.

Be sure to check the documentation on ANY tileset to ensure that it is at minimum a 1.69 patch compatable set. As 1.69 adding many new custom doors, so any tileset created before 1.69 came out will have issues unless it has been 'patched' to reflect the new door entries.

All CTP release 1 sets have already been adjusted.

Any NEW set we release will also be adjusted for 1.69 compatability.