Bugs Found by Dunjon Players or DM Daijin
Daijin
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Daijin »

Never noticed duplicated items before now. doh. heh :rolleyes:

Or rather, did notice but thought they had different itemproperty strengths. Silly me.

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

Cleric lvl 5 reported: Obscurring mist (sp?) does a line of cold and does 8 to 15 cold damage to the caster. :confused:

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14637]Cleric lvl 5 reported: Obscurring mist (sp?) does a line of cold and does 8 to 15 cold damage to the caster. :confused:[/quote]

That's caused by a numbering issue in the Constants Library (x4_i0_const) - which has been fixed. If you look at vfx_persistant.2da, you'll see the numbers in the constants library don't match the 2da.

However, the spell did have another issue - it was forcing neutrals to turn hostile to the PC :eek:

So I fixed that too :D

Anyway, as soon as I get some templates finished I'll be putting together another testing package, incorporating all the fixes and some new additions as well. I'll PM you when the package is ready for download.

boodah

Post by boodah »

I'm just now playing a wizard and got this spell at level 2. While casting, it also gave me the message: Acquired Item: PC Properties; which I guess was promptly equipped, as I didn't see a hide in the inventory.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=boodah;14639]I'm just now playing a wizard and got this spell at level 2. While casting, it also gave me the message: Acquired Item: PC Properties; which I guess was promptly equipped, as I didn't see a hide in the inventory.[/quote]

PC Properties is the hide item that auto equips if you load a character into an Enhanced module that was made prior to your installation of Enhanced. Since its not routed through any spells, only the OnClientEnter event and the OC Fixer script, I'd say its safe to assume it came from one of those.

I used Bioware's function they made for 1.69 (its routed through the horse scripts) to get the hide. The function checks for a hide, and if one is not found will create an empty hide on the PC). Sometimes Enhanced characters are equipped with hides even if they don't really need them (in which case they get an empty hide). This is fine, as the hide can't be accessed by the Player GUI - only through scripting.

I am planning to revisit the OnClientEnter script, but its low priority at the moment.

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

Not sure of this one...

Dont think its a NWNe bug either, but I am at loss on how to fix it.

Maybe you know how to?

Petrification effects: Whenever someone is petrified, then cured/killed/whatnot, from then on all factions ignore the person. This is very annoying and gamebreaking.

Any suggestions?

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14855]Not sure of this one...

Dont think its a NWNe bug either, but I am at loss on how to fix it.

Maybe you know how to?

Petrification effects: Whenever someone is petrified, then cured/killed/whatnot, from then on all factions ignore the person. This is very annoying and gamebreaking.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

I've Heard of this one, but it was supposed to have been fixed some time back -

I think if I recall correctly that for single player, doing a "quick save" then reloading the game resets the factions.

For multi-player I suppose the player would have to save, drop out, then log back in.

Have you tried searching the Bioware forums?

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

Tried everything. Logout, death, attack them (they still ignore). The only thing that seems to fix it is by reloading server...which is not feasible bleh.

Yeah i remember 2 years ago it was fixed..just not working now. :mad:

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14857]Tried everything. Logout, death, attack them (they still ignore). The only thing that seems to fix it is by reloading server...which is not feasible bleh.

Yeah i remember 2 years ago it was fixed..just not working now. :mad:[/quote]

Sounds like the only way to fix it then is to write a new router function for petrification effects and not use Bioware's EffectPetrify.

Lemme dig a little deeper, try some things, and I'll see what I come up with. When I'm done I'll send you the scripts so you can drop them in the override. Just a parting question - is it all petrification attacks (gazes, bolts, spells, etc.) or just one type that are doing this?

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=pstemarie;14858]Sounds like the only way to fix it then is to write a new router function for petrification effects and not use Bioware's EffectPetrify.

Lemme dig a little deeper, try some things, and I'll see what I come up with. When I'm done I'll send you the scripts so you can drop them in the override. Just a parting question - is it all petrification attacks (gazes, bolts, spells, etc.) or just one type that are doing this?[/quote]

I've done some digging and really can't isolate what the issue is, but I can say that I am certain it has nothing to do with Enhanced since it is isolated to multi-player (single player seems to work fine).

I recall reading on the Bioware forums something about PCs in multi-player each belonging to their own faction. However, when you think more about what you have described as occurring, it sounds more like the other factions are perceiving the character as being dead. Therefore, the problem may lie in the death script, but I can't see anything specifically wrong in the default script.

Furthermore, if you move the reset faction function from the OnPlayerDeath event to the OnPlayerRespawn you won't hook flesh to stone, raise dead, or ressurrection.

Perhaps the solution is as simple as having the DM reset the player's personal reputation with all factions in the module using the console command and a custom script that calls SetStandardFactionReputation(int, int, object) for each of the standard factions and AdjustReputation for any custom factions.

Other than that, I don't have enough experience with multi-player to have any idea why the character is ignored.