Reported Issues - Version 1.1
Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=cervantes;14823]I have finally gotten enough time to download the latest patch, but have experienced a problem everytime I close the NWN Enhanced modules NWN crashes. I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem as of yet has this happened to anyone else.[/quote]

Is it the starter modules that come with the download?

cervantes
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by cervantes »

Yes and I have figured it out thanks Pstemarie. It was my inexperience with preloads which caused the problem.

cervantes

Post by cervantes »

The Fey'ri models wings go white when placed in the toolset, and the Planetar changes phenom size and height when placed, and the face turns metalic silver.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=cervantes;14830]The Fey'ri models wings go white when placed in the toolset, and the Planetar changes phenom size and height when placed, and the face turns metalic silver.[/quote]

I'm gonna sticky this over in the FAQ.

This is not an issue, but a limitation of the toolset with custom phenotypes and plt wings and tails.

The texture for PLT wings and tails does not render in the toolset, but will render fine in the game. Although it makes a little difficult to use them, the wings and tails inherit their colors from the skin.

The planetar uses the enlarged phenotype to render the size. When using the toolset viewer the model is rendered using the "fat" phenotype (the toolset is only reading the 2 from the phenotype number, not the full 20). Thus when you paint the planetar her size increases to the appropriate size (the "enlarged" phenotype is rendered), and the head assumes the metallic color it should size the model uses a custom phenotype. Ingame the creature renders normally.

cervantes

Post by cervantes »

Why not use a textures for the wings and tail instead of a PLT and why not create the planetar as a standard monster with textures and not use phenom appearance parts with PLT's, it would look much better IMHO but its only my two cents

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=cervantes;14834]Why not use a textures for the wings and tail instead of a PLT and why not create the planetar as a standard monster with textures and not use phenom appearance parts with PLT's, it would look much better IMHO but its only my two cents[/quote]

PLT wings and tails add more options for Builders - specifically allowing for tails and wings that match the skin color of the model. Besides, the plt versions are addons, they don't overwrite the original Bioware wings and tails.

Time constraints prevented the fey'ri and planetar from being static models - had to prioritze models for the August deadline. Plans are to make the fey'ri a static model - since its a low HD creature and thus more likely to appear in larger numbers.

Since the planetar is a singular appearing entity using a dynamic model is just a matter of taste. Furthermore, by using dynamic models for all the celestials it easier for Builders to customize by switching heads and changing clothes.

Its all about options.... :D

boodah

Post by boodah »

My characters seem unable to attack the Mountain Giant with a melee weapon equipped. My CH just stands there in "action-mode" and lets him self beat to death.

Also, isn't there a Mountain Giant in the first chapter of SoU? I know, you don't have to fight him, but I managed to kill him with a rogue once. I guess this is now no longer a viable option.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=boodah;14849]My characters seem unable to attack the Mountain Giant with a melee weapon equipped. My CH just stands there in "action-mode" and lets him self beat to death.

Also, isn't there a Mountain Giant in the first chapter of SoU? I know, you don't have to fight him, but I managed to kill him with a rogue once. I guess this is now no longer a viable option.[/quote]

Fixed. Personal space was set too high in appearance.2da. I'll have to watch that in the future - seems that 3.0 is the limit for melee atacks. :D

I'll have to check out SoU - and if what you say is correct see what I can do to fix it - since this mountain giant uses the pnp stats and is now an epic creature.

Daijin
ctp: No

Post by Daijin »

Mind flayer in standard creature pallete is stiff backed has no animations and dies standing up. Players reported this tonight.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

Problem fixed.