Brand new forums, just for the CSP!!!
chaos_theocrat

Brand new forums, just for the CSP!!!

Post by chaos_theocrat »

Today marks the birth of these CSP forums, and I don't know whether to say Happy Birthday, or It's a Boy... or a Girl. :thumb: But I can say one thing for certain: it's going to be an interesting and fun place for folks to post their thoughts about everybody's favorite Skybox pack by yours truly.

Have suggestions or ideas? This is the place to voice them. Just remember the rules: no personal attacks, no profanity, nor anything too out of line. Threads like that will be deleted, naturally. Pretty much the usual rules for any decent, self-respecting public forums to follow. More good news:

If you think you have something to contribute to the CSP... perhaps some new skyboxes... feel free to post about it in the CSP Development forum.

That said... welcome one and all! Although I must sign off for now, I'll be in to check these forums once a day. So, everybody enjoy and play nice!

-Chaos_Theocrat

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Hey Hey... Welcome to the boards here!

I think Christopher will be interested in joining in with you to work on the CSP. I know that he was not finished with several skyboxes that he originally intended to release with CTP stuff.

The ones you grabbed from the vault previously, and he mentioned having some other stuff he was working on for that.

Good luck with your project!

DM_Mask

Indeed.

Post by DM_Mask »

I suspected much the same myself with regards to Chris. Still having a specific place to talk about any given project is almost always a boon. Now, we just need to motivate folks into being more active about community projects.

chaos_theocrat

Modules Currently Using CSP...

Post by chaos_theocrat »

I've just finished going throught the Vault, looking for modules that utilize the CSP. In the time I had, I found two (although there could be others):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CEP2, CTP, CMP, CSP Starter Module === by Kraven Khor
(A starter mod but very useful for folks who use all the community works.)
Sanctum of the Archmage 2: The Miracle Worker - Act I === by Andarian
(A very popular module downloaded by over a thousand players. I've never played these, myself, but I have heard only good things about this series.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone know of more mods that use the CSP? Perhaps you are thinking of using it in a module of your own... if so, let us know so we can expand the list and encourage the use of CSP in more projects. Given how new it is to the community, the CSP is off to a good start and can only do better. :)

chaos_theocrat

New Thread for CSP Module List...

Post by chaos_theocrat »

I've just started a new thread specifically for the CSP Module List I posted above; that way, we can continue to use this thread for more general talk regarding the CSP. Plus, this way, we have a couple different threads with varying topics related to the Community Skybox Pack.

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

Hello, gone a few days and I see new forums and faces!

Yes, it's been a year since I worked on any skies but I had several unfinished idea's and perhaps some new ways to make skies even better then the ones I worked on before.

So in my limited time to offer CTP help, I would gladly add more skies and internal ceilings for the CSP. You gave due credit where it deserved! My only disappointment in the release of the skies I had worked on was that I didn't get a chance to give credit to all the authors (2da gave hints). :o

KirbyEF
ctp: No
nwnihof: No

Post by KirbyEF »

Woot!

Welcome Chaos_Theocrat!

Good to have you around!

The CSP is good fun.

KirbyEF

chaos_theocrat

Post by chaos_theocrat »

[quote=Christopher;11416]Hello, gone a few days and I see new forums and faces!

Yes, it's been a year since I worked on any skies but I had several unfinished idea's and perhaps some new ways to make skies even better then the ones I worked on before.

So in my limited time to offer CTP help, I would gladly add more skies and internal ceilings for the CSP. You gave due credit where it deserved! My only disappointment in the release of the skies I had worked on was that I didn't get a chance to give credit to all the authors (2da gave hints). :o[/quote]

More skies and internal ceilings are always welcome. It's good to hear from you, too, Christopher! We've got a new gallery up for the CSP now, so if anyone was curious as to what a lot of the skies are like in the CSP, most of them are there... including the CTP ones. It is a good place to look at them in more detail. The images are pretty much .jpg versions of the .tga files directly from the CSP, so they aren't just screen shots from in-game.
I believe there are 160 images in total at the gallery, one of them being an extra that I need to replace sometime with the Vortex image (the only one I left out of the gallery). Pretty lucky, since 160 seems the gallery's limit! :thumb:

Also, to eveybody: thanks for the warm welcome! This forum seemed like a very good idea, and I'm glad Mask thought of it. It's a good place for all the community projects to get together, I must say.

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Welcome indeed. I'm delighted to see you settling into the CSP's new web-home so happily. :)

Izk The Mad

Post by Izk The Mad »

So this is where chaos_theocrat hides out. Glad to see you have a forum of your own, congratulations.

I keep thinking about the celestial and hellish skybox ideas we shared on the CSP Vault page. I could use something like that, as well as the Bruegal one. I'm sure others would be interested. I think I'll have to look for some info on making skyboxes some time soon. I'm not the best digital artist, but I've been learning my way around photoshop over the years, and our exchange has inspired me.

Anyone have any suggestions or know of any good tutorials for making skyboxes?