Let's get started.......
Tiberius_Morguhn

Let's get started.......

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

Okay. Sorry for being absent the last week or so. Real life takes precedent you know :D

It was suggested since I got the first CMP rolling that I should continue to try to manage it and push it forward. Unless someone has an objection, I will continue to do just that and try to be our "Fearless Leader" (TM).

First, I need some questions answered:
  • Who is interested in being on the CMP and can participate?
  • From the originial CMP v1.0, which tracks are well suited to be battle music tracks?
I am assuming Shioni at least and maybe CWebb for the first question but don't want to speak up for anyone else.

For the second, I am conducting my experiments to try shortcuts/symbolic links so we can perhaps release a quick CMP v1.1 with only a new HAK and a small zip file of shortcuts/symbolic links.

I will be starting another thread for people to make music suggestions for CMP v1.5 or 2.0 or whatever we call it.

There are forum threads on the Vault, the Bioware TBP Guild and the Bioware main forums regarding the CMP so I am trying to answer questions there as well.

Thanks for your time and input.

CWebb

Post by CWebb »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;7491]First, I need some questions answered:
  • From the originial CMP v1.0, which tracks are well suited to be battle music tracks?
[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm interested. My ability to participate in the near term may be intermittent, since I have a pending kid. However, to also answer the 2nd question, I'll get off my duff and download CMP 1.0 and start parsing through it to see what tracks I think are suitable for battle music.

We will want to find some way to make the ending tracks (wav files) for battle tunes as well. If we can sample something out of the track, that would be ideal, but what if we need to fabricate something?

Battle Music

Post by Guest »

Alright sorry about the delay I went over all the songs in CMP and selected these as possible battle music tracks. I tried to pick songs with constant high and fast beats but some where just really good and started/ended slow.

mus_cmp322
mus_cmp320
mus_cmp316
mus_cmp310
mus_cmp306
mus_cmp290
mus_cmp289
mus_cmp269
mus_cmp265
mus_cmp263
mus_cmp243
mus_cmp234
mus_cmp227
mus_cmp203
mus_cmp201
mus_cmp180
mus_cmp175
mus_cmp140
mus_cmp139
mus_cmp138
mus_cmp137
mus_cmp131
mus_cmp119
mus_cmp117
mus_cmp115
mus_cmp112
mus_cmp107
mus_cmp105
mus_cmp103
mus_cmp100

This is 30 tracks

Tiberius_Morguhn

Great! I will listen over your list. I also did some more research on battle music. There is an column in the ambientmusic.2da file called "Stinger1" and the entry for this is the end of the battle music we hear at combat's end. The interesting thing is that is not a BMU file but rather a WAV file that is buried in Data\Music.bif and Data\xp2_sounds.bif. You can use NWN Explorer to listen to those.

We may try to use some of the existing Bioware "Stingers" if they fit our combat music or like Shioni said, we may have to sample our own. I am not sure how that would work though, since it appears that all "Stingers" are sourced from Bioware bif files and not external, autonomous files. I would probably have to ask Bioware what is the default search order for these "Stingers".

Code: Select all

2DA V2.0

Description   Resource           Stinger1           Stinger2   Stinger3   DisplayName
34         61875         mus_bat_rural1     mus_sbat_rural1    ****       ****       ****
35         61876         mus_bat_forest1    mus_sbat_forest1   ****       ****       ****          
36         61877         mus_bat_forest2    mus_sbat_forest2   ****       ****       ****          
37         61878         mus_bat_dung1      mus_sbat_dung1     ****       ****       ****
38         61879         mus_bat_dung2      mus_sbat_dung2     ****       ****       ****
39         61880         mus_bat_dung3      mus_sbat_dung3     ****       ****       ****          
40         61881         mus_bat_city1      mus_sbat_city1     ****       ****       ****
41         61882         mus_bat_city2      mus_sbat_city2     ****       ****       ****
42         61883         mus_bat_city3      mus_sbat_city3     ****       ****       ****
43         61884         mus_bat_citboss    mus_sbat_citboss   ****       ****       ****          
44         61885         mus_bat_forboss    mus_sbat_forboss   ****       ****       ****

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Don't forget guys... WCoC released, and I don't think their 'music' is encrypted . Most if not all, came from David John.

So, new 'tracks' to listen to.

Tiberius_Morguhn

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;7533]Don't forget guys... WCoC released, and I don't think their 'music' is encrypted . Most if not all, came from David John.

So, new 'tracks' to listen to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point. It is a premium module though so I will have to check with him to see what the redistribution rights are. The same tracks may already have been released on his website, but I can check. I know that for CMP v1.0, I sent him a list of his work to ask what could be used and there were two tracks (from Infinite Dungeons) that he asked be removed since he didn't own the rights to them anymore. The same may hold true for these new WCoC tracks. Again, I'll have to check (and I have to buy the premium module first! :D )

Tiberius_Morguhn

From my post on "Stingers", there is a good thread on the The Builder's Project Guild started because of people using the CMP ... woohoo! :)

http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewtopic.html?forum=3573&topic=252772&gid=2226

CWebb

Post by CWebb »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;7532]We may try to use some of the existing Bioware "Stingers" if they fit our combat music or like Shioni said, we may have to sample our own. I am not sure how that would work though, since it appears that all "Stingers" are sourced from Bioware bif files and not external, autonomous files. I would probably have to ask Bioware what is the default search order for these "Stingers".[/QUOTE]

I *think* all you need to do is add the stingers to the CMP hak file. Or a separate hak file if you want to keep the CMP top-level file clean. I would be surprised if BW did something different for the stingers than they did for everything else. .bifs are akin to "official hak files" - they are the default game resources, overridden by files in the override directory and the hak files.

Stingers

Post by Guest »

I think I might have seen something like this in action. I down loaded an Ultima Online mod once

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=mo ... il&id=2694

It was only a demo, but if that’s the same downloaded as I’m thinking of they added a script to play normal music if a sound place-able wasn’t present.

It would specifically look for a custom sound that started with "UO_" in the tag. If it found it then the default music was turned off and it would begin playing the custom sound

The demo only had one song but it was a custom place-able and it allowed you to set the standard sound options so you could set different music to play at different hours or set it to play within a radius.

Then again that has nothing to do with combat music and the fact that I posted this proves i was'nt done reading about Stringers lol

raven280

Post by raven280 »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;7491]
First, I need some questions answered:
I am assuming Shioni at least and maybe CWebb for the first question but don't want to speak up for anyone else.

For the second, I am conducting my experiments to try shortcuts/symbolic links so we can perhaps release a quick CMP v1.1 with only a new HAK and a small zip file of shortcuts/symbolic links.

I will be starting another thread for people to make music suggestions for CMP v1.5 or 2.0 or whatever we call it.

There are forum threads on the Vault, the Bioware TBP Guild and the Bioware main forums regarding the CMP so I am trying to answer questions there as well.

Thanks for your time and input.[/QUOTE]

I am still interested in helping the next CMP update. I have downloaded the original CMP with all of its associated files which I have listened to in a demo mod I made. I do have some material I want to reference when there is a thread started for music suggestions. I know at one point Mask mentioned that he had contacted someone on the team with the Darkness cancelled premium mod, and got their permission to use their music and sound material. Let me know what kind of help you need...

Raven280