CTP Common Hak (Doors, textures, ect...)
This is for topics relevant to release one only!

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

CTP Common Hak (Doors, textures, ect...)

Post by Guest »

Discussion or Bugs relevent to our general haks.

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

Don't suppose you'd wanna remove the doors from the custom palette would you?
Not that a I don't appreciate the prefabs, but they're totally unusable without the code to make make them operate (open, close, relock etc)

I'm not saying you should add code, I have that covered. Infact I use the old code from the [rtc] haks... Just be advised that unusable clutter ( however pretty and well intentioned ) in my palette annoys me.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=9fires;8476]Don't suppose you'd wanna remove the doors from the custom palette would you?
Not that a I don't appreciate the prefabs, but they're totally unusable without the code to make make them operate (open, close, relock etc)

I'm not saying you should add code, I have that covered. Infact I use the old code from the [rtc] haks... Just be advised that unusable clutter ( however pretty and well intentioned ) in my palette annoys me.[/quote]

VERY VERY simple. Just don't add genericdoors.

These are generic doors, no code assigned. No way to have them in your mod without having them in the pallette.

These are exactly like the Bioware generic doors, which also do NOT have scripts assigned to them by default.

It's entirely up to a builder to add code to auto-open/close.

Oh... when a door is connected to a transition, they seem to work just fine. So, I am not really sure what your complaint is about?

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=9fires;8476]Don't suppose you'd wanna remove the doors from the custom palette would you?[/quote]
No.

The Generic Doors hak that is bundled with Release 1 is the same one as we published on the vault a year ago and has going on for 5000 users. We might add content to it in the future but we will not remove content because that would cause all their modules to break.

The templates are there because you can't feasibly use the doors without them.

[quote]
[/quote]

Doors do not need scripts to operate. It's hard-coded in the game engine. Bioware doors don't have scripts. Our doors don't have scripts. Go into any Bioware module and open a door. It opens. No scripts, it just opens. Close it. It closes. No scripts, it just closes. Ours are the same. Go into our Demo module and open some doors. They open. No scripts, they just open. Close them. They close. No scripts, they just close.

That's why our templates don't have scripts in them.

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

lol - I meant auto-close.
I've been using 69MEH69 bashable auto doors (fort save to bash, will save to close) since I pulled that code outta RDX's [rtc] a thousand years ago.
I, of course meant no disrespect.

When I say 'function', I mean as I would intend them to.
Can't edit something when its locked up inside of a hak.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=9fires;8480]lol - I meant auto-close.
I've been using 69MEH69 bashable auto doors (fort save to bash, will save to close) since I pulled that code outta RDX's [rtc] a thousand years ago.

Can't edit something when its locked up inside of a hak.[/quote]

Sure you can edit the script assigned to a door. ANY DOOR, including default, bioware GENERIC doors. Just adjust the scripts assigned to it.

By default, any door that you add to a doorway gets ONE script assigned to it, that script is called 'x2_door_death' (if you have HOTU installed).

There are other scripts/events that you can adjust or assign. Those scripts are totally in the control of the builder. NOT the door.

Those scripts can be assigned to ctp_genericdoors with no problem. Don't have to worry that the door is coming from a hak or not. They work. Just fine.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;8481]
Don't have to worry that the door is coming from a hak or not. They work. Just fine.[/QUOTE]

and the doors included in CTP are not just fine. they are purrrrrfect! :)

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

besides the norm scripting for doors(open/close/lock/unlock/speak/damage user/etc) anybody ever use some oddball scripting for door events?

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

[QUOTE=9fires;8480]Can't edit something when its locked up inside of a hak.[/QUOTE]

By this, I think you mean you cannot edit the doors in the pallette correct?

These are hardcoded blueprints in the hak, so you cannot edit them directly. You can place one of the doors and edit it in place which is tedious for lots of doors ...OR... you can "Edit Copy" one of the CTP pallette doors and change the scripts on your copy any way you wish.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=9fires;8480]lol - I meant auto-close.

Can't edit something when its locked up inside of a hak.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see what you are saying. To add scripts to a door template you need to make an edited copy of the template and then that appears in the palette too, along with the unedited one. And if you then no longer want the original one you feel that it represents "clutter".

Suggestion: when you create your edited templates with scripts attached, assign them to the "Special\Custom x" categories in the palette rather than leaving them in the "Universal" one. Then collapse the Universal category and don't look at it. Forget it's there. Just open the Special\Custom categories to work with your templates. You won't see the "clutter". Psychology. :)

Personally, when I'm playing, if I open a door I prefer it to stay open so I know I've been there. Self-closing doors tend to attract the attention (usually quite briefly) of faithful companions with (a) unlimited fireballs, (b) big axes and (c) names like "Thud Door-Go-Bang". But that's just me. I understand there are players who haven't learnt the art of delegation and want their PC to do all the grunt work themselves so I suppose giving the doors saving throws is good for slowing them down. :rolleyes:

Have fun, anyway.