Bastions of Peace
This Forum encompasses reviews and discussions of new games
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Bastions of Peace

Post by Winterhawk99 »

This year the company Beamdog has been doing a complete revamp of the old Neverwinter Nights game. This has brought on a resurgence of persistent worlds and custom content. As most of my friends know I no longer have time to manage a persistent world or make custom content for NWN. I can however play here and there when I am home on weekends or on vacation as I did this last week. And with this I can post a few reviews on the persistent worlds I am enjoying. The first I would like to take on is a server Called Bastion of Peace.

Bastions of Peace is a eruopean based server owned by Dungeon Master Drake. Its more of a powergaming, hack/slash server at this time. Drake would like to have more role-playing but the staff is somewhat small. If you like action Bastions is a excellent place for your hack and slash.

It is a growing server that is coming out with new areas on a regular basis. At this time there are no Dm's running adventures. I have spoken with Drake on this. He is enthuisastic about finding more staff so the the world may be more than what it is at the moment.

Bastions has some stores with items, a custom item system and a socket system for items so players can customize their own equipment. The player base is slowly growing as the world becomes larger. Gems for the sockets are not hard to find but the good ones are rare. Which fits with the world. Its a nice system. No Haks are required to play this server.

Players are also beginning to rp on their own with others. The world has a way to go but has a good start. Bastions is an EE server that caters to european time zones more than western times. I have seen more action in past weeks during regular american hours which says to me that players are enjoying the server here as well as in europe.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon