Lauriella In Cormyr
This Forum encompasses reviews and discussions of new games
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Lauriella In Cormyr

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The woman wakes up on a beach as the sun makes her body sweat in the heavy clothing she wears. As soon as she does An unbearable pain swells in her head. She stumbles to stand up. When she can't she crawls to a large piece of driftwood and turns over on her back. She can only see out of one eye. As she touches the side of her head with her hand the pain takes her to a new level. She turns to the side and spits up bial.

When she wakes again the pain has gone down and it is night. The stars are clear. Selune is waxing to 3/4. Again she touches the side of her face. It is bandaged. Looking around all she sees is beach. She thinks to herself, "What happened? Why am I bandaged? Who did this? " Then she realizes and a new question comes to mind, "Who am I?"

She feels around herself finding some form of device. Lifting it to her good eye she realizes its a Sextet and not only that its a navigators sextet for a ship. How does she know that? again she searches and finds a small badge made bronze. She cant read it. She curls up into a ball and passes out once more.

Waking in the morning the pain is still sever but lessened. The bandage is gone. She can look through her swollen eye but little but at least she can look through it. Her eyes drift off to the beach around her in suspicion. As she does she finds a small knife beside a neat pile of clams. She suddenly stands and takes up a defensive stance. Even without thinking she casts a first circle spell surprising herself. She stumbles back tripping over the drift wood falling on her back. She can feel almost see a shimmering globe of magic encompassing her. She stands up again on the beach carefully surveying the area like someone use to searching for something they know is there but haven't found yet. There is nothing.

She takes up the knife and holds it defensively in front of her for near a 1/2 hour. Nothing shows up on the beach or from the woods. She starts to open the clams and eats them raw so desperate her hunger. When finished she drifts off into trance.

That night she comes out. Again the stars are out. Taking the sextet she measures three stars. After looking at the declinations she points to the north, "That is north I will walk until I find something." She begins to walk, hiding from others that she spots, Avoiding anyone she meets. Along her travels she notices something is shadowing her. Something small. She lays a trap for it one day and hides.

A pseudodragon comes into the small clearing. It looks at the bait and ignores it. When It sees her it dives at her as if it is going to sting her, She calls out, "Shoe! I don't want to hurt you!" it flies away making strange noises."
She continues north. The little sting lizard trailing her. Each time she sees it she shoes it away. As she catches sight of a grand city it departs her and no longer follows. She half walks, half stumbles into the city of Arabel.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Re: Lauriella In Cormyr

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Over the next few weeks Lauriella met people, cleaned the sewers of rats and other vermin. Came up against a number of humanoids and had become quite wealthy. All the while gaining spell knowledge and spells quickly until after little over two months she was already a 5th circle mage. For the first month she searched for clues of her past finally finding something out from a cleric of Correllon, One Camthalion. He did not know if she was really this Lauriella Sithmore but he did know about the badge she carries.

He told her it was an order of magical defenders linked to the countryside of Narfell. They were in charge of all magical misconduct in that realm. A sort of police force for magic. He also noted that her earrings where from a guild in Mulhorand called the House of life to which all mages in that country belong.

She had had a few flashbacks by this time. Flashbacks that scared her so deeply they began to prey upon her mind. Soon after these revelations she became tired of it all and decided to put the past into the past. She felt blessed because there are few that can claim and venture into a completely new life. She didn't look back again and ignored the flashbacks until she met a new Tel-Quessir by the name of Nightwater. Not only a Tel-Quessir but a Alu-Tel-Quessir, An aquatic elf. Alyss'ana a noble from a small house of the dales introduced them.

Nightwater introduced her to the bath house and they bathed together but did not get intimate. As she disrobed he noticed that she was recently turned a mother. It upset her but after a few days she had steeled herself thinking that if she has a son or daughter that Lady Moonbow would show them the way.

Now that things are quiet she needed to collect herself review everything that has happened to her. She waits for the full moon and luckily the skys are clear when she goes about to worship for the first time since she came to Arabel.

She buys some moon lilys and walks out the east gate, finding a wide flat piece of land by the water. She places the lilies on the ground in a large circle and changes into something humans would consider negligee so thin and see through the material. As the moonlight hits the petals of the flowers They glow a soft light and Lauriella dances to the moon and to her goddess Sehanine Moonbow.

When finished she goes down to the water and dips her bare toes into it. She takes the badge out of her clothing. She studies it for a very long while the moon dips a full hand. She lifts her eyes to the moon and speaks, "I don't know who you are. I don't know if you are me or if I was the one you trailed for justice. Or if I was simply a thief that fell into the water lucky enough to grab a few things from you. I hope not. I will pledge this. I will be you and set to the noble task that was given to you. For I believe that this badge could not be owned by anyone but a good and noble person. So I will become you Lauriella. Someone who will relentlessly pursue those that would do harm by the art. Whoever you are. Wherever you might be, whether she sits here with her toes cooling in the lake or somewhere in some far distant land. This I pledge in the name of Sehanine."

She next takes up her journal and begins to read after placing a light spell upon herself.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella scans all the profiles she has placed in her journal. Many have nothing written under them. Some are quiet lengthy. Looking up at the moon she knows she has several hours before sunrise. With no one around she can review all the people she has met so far and those that have either influenced, associated, or were adversarial with her. She begins to read the first name she comes to is Celdor.

Celdor: Tel-Quessir
Profession: unknown, at this time.
Position: unknown

Celdor was the first elven I met in Arabel. He is a Tue-Tel-Quessir of dark skin. An odd tone. He is welcoming and inviting to new people but cools as one gets to know him.

She flips a few pages finding a much longer entry and smiles

Alyss’ana: Tel-Quessir
Profession: Unknown but knows how to weave shadows.
Position: Ally

Alyss’ana has done more to help me than any other taking me to the tree city of val…a tree city of elves along with helping me in my development. She is of a Nobel house decimated by enemies. She thought she was the last Ravenshadow but eventually found more of her house. Now she involves herself in a war with the Ilythiir. At one time married to a matron that worships the Ilythiir moon goddess if I remember correctly. I feel that Alyss’ana has some ulterior motive to giving me help. I have already pledged to her I will help her in anyway I can during her campaign which seems to be led by Camthalion.
I have seen her show sympathy not only for me but one of her family’s foes. One that is chased by the shadow of Shar. I have also seen her in not so good an attitude. Her heart is passionate I hope this passion does not lead her down the road of the fallen. She can manipulate shadow which gives me some pause as to her nature. The fact that she is a good person I have little doubt and hope to forge a strong relationship with her. She seems to have some form of ongoing feud with the Starglow family.

Lauriella’s eyes move on with the pages stopping every so often at an entry not left blank.

Camthalion: Tel-Quessir
Profession: Cleric of Correllon
Position: Potential trouble

Camthalion spends his time at the north-east common benches with other elves. It seems tactical in nature. This cleric was the one who knew what my badge was, and he also imparted to me that my earrings are a sign of a mage guild in Mulhorand. All mages in Mulhorand’s territory owe allegiance to this guild.
Camthalion while he spoke to me set of alarm bells in my head for some unknown reason. I thought on this a long time and came up with nothing until I spoke with Ezra the bard. He informed me that the war is Camthalions. He referred to the elven as having a ‘Cult of personality’ And also mentioned something about genocide of the Ilythiir in this war.
Things connected in my mind. If Camthalion is leading this war and is committing genocide of men and children. Men being the caregivers of Ilythiir society then it is wrong. Yes, most Ilythiir are evil but completely wiping out a race is wrong. And if I am correct Camthalion stands in the corner of the commons leading his war councils. I have pledged myself to Alyss’ana in this war. If I see action it will not be against innocent bystanders. I hope that if things come to that she will understand.
No matter the circumstances I must speak to Alyss’ana of the accusations Ezra has inferred upon Camthalion.

Arduinna: Tel-Quessir
Profession: Leader of her Tribe
Position: Potential trouble

Arudinna is a brusque and aggressive woman. Leading a tribe of Tel-Quessir that worship the god Malar. I have no opinion of this god nor his worshipers like I do with Thavians and perhaps Gnomes.

Addendum
(I watch every gnome in the commons square ready to counterspell them if they decide to run around throwing illusion spells. Why, like so many things I do, lies in mystery. I bear no ill will toward them only making sure they stay calm)

Arudinna seems to have a friendly nature with some yet is well known for calling out her enemies. To which I mark. She is not by any means a pleasant woman from what I have seen. From smelling those that pass by her to calling out anyone she means to start something with. She called me out once for appreciating the love between a human and elven. She mentioned I thought humans were fat. Well they are but that does not make them less than any other race on Toril. Afterward Buurag spoke to her quietly she had many exclamations of surprise while casting her eyes at me. I must watch her most carefully.

Lily: Tel-quessir
Profession: unknown but would not doubt a thief.
Position: potential informant

Lily is the one chased by Shars shadow. She is in a delicate situation to which if chance happens, I will help as Alyss’ana has done. She is small, Vane, and disruptive. A worshiper of Malar. She like her matriarch often tries to smell people when meeting them. Alyss’ana counseled her in good will within the arena about the shadows that stalk her. I do not doubt for a moment that Lily caused this some how herself. I will be watchful not of her but an opportunity to get within her good graces. If I can build a network of informants to call my attention to necromancers, mad mages, lichs, and any other that uses magics against the populace I will.

Buurag: Half-orc Half-giant (8 feet tall + ive never seen him with his helmet off)
Profession: Mercenary
Position: Unknown

Buurag is a fighter of extraordinary strength and intelligence. While helping me fight ants in the warehouses he questioned me on my magic. I told him the truth. I cannot engage his eyes and only have body movements to tell me what he is thinking. He seems a very good person. I will write more on this when I have investigated him further

Nightwater: Tel-Quessir
Profession: Monk
Position: potential ally

Not only is Nightwater a Tel-Quessir hi is Alu-Tel-Quessir. I don’t believe I have ever seen his kind but who knows. He is reserved and somewhat shy. Like many of those who wear the cloth of monk. His body is like all monks well extremely well developed. It seems I have a preference for monks. He introduced me to the baths. Even came near to hitting on me. I can remember if I distracted him or he was distracted by something else, but we never got intimate. I believe his sect is called the Yellow rose, but I could be wrong. I was paying attention to other things.

Edylind: Hin
Profession: Bard
Position: potential informant

Edylind is a kind and happy hind. I asked her to tell me one of her stories when she did. I tipped her a 100 gold coin. She smiled in surprise. The lines on her face show her to be a wonderful woman I will develop a relationship with her.

Luna, Kayus, and Altan
Profession: Adventuring team
Position: unknown

I adventured with these three. Seeing that they were very new I laid down the law of how things work in the adventuring guild in regard to treasure. I had no problem in the split. However, many of the older more experienced adventurers have. My gut feeling was right about these three and their greed. Greed can be used when I start my investigations however their nature may make them unreliable. Kayus is the smartest one in the group.

Cecillia: Fey
Profession: Invoker
Position potential informant

Cecillias chaotic nature will lead her to speak on anything especially herself. She had a sad story about defeating a great demon. It in dying cursed her to have no love or pleasure the rest of her life. I gave her sympathy whether true or not. She is flighty and prone to action before her mind can come into play. It would be hard to work with her directly but she is a potential informant to the happenings of the lands.

Neadrym Tel-quessir
Profession: unknown but assumed spy or assassin for a house
Position: Too dangerous to make any form of alliance yet

A quiet dangerous elf by the way he moves. His eyes have something to him. He is a very dangerous elf to offend in my opinion and will have to be cautious of every action and word if I engage him.

Ezra: Human
Profession Bartender and bard
Position: Currently working him to become an informant.

I have seen Ezra preform many jokes and antics in the commons. He has a natural way of changing conversations, raising others’ hairs then deflating them all the while he is studying them just as much as I study people. There are a lot of brains behind his nonchalant nature. He uses different tactics but does the same as I. I have already started to work on him. Being a barkeep he knows much about the city and the mysteries within.

Lauriella reads several more entries before the sun peaks it head to the east. She runs down names with few entries, Indy, Lystra, Tahlran, Kelendel, Hadyv, Kinkady, Miiravae, Celebrithrade, Sprocket, Aislinn, Miya and others. When finished she goes to the library and picks up a surveyors map, buys a horse and goes out into the dales. She wanders the land occasionally taking surveys so that she may know the lands of all the surroundi
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella sits by the lake in Velethuil in a lotus position with her journal in her lap. The last 4 days have been extremely hard on her. She lost her control on many occasions during that time. When the commons filled with people it had started to hurt her ears. Something that has never happened before, at least to her knowledge.

She looks down upon her journal and begins to write.

The last four days have been the hardest for me in all the time I spent here. I will go over it incident by incident for prosperities sake.

The first incident involved Buurag a large warrior type and member of the Sins of the Father mercenary company. Roscoe and he were playing in the commons. The normal low-grade stuff you ignore as general fun. It was not in any way, antagonistic. At one-point talk got quite rough, and Buurag started taunting each of the ladies present to sit on his face.

I pursed my lips. For me this was mildly offensive. With good reason most of the other ladies’ present were highly offended by his advances. He persisted with each one of us for several minutes. A lady in heavy armor walked out and he found a new target. As he started in on her I told him, “Buurag. Enough already. That’s just creepy. Buurag persisted. She gave him a good talking too and he settled down. I thought that would be the end of it.

The next night Alyssana and I were in the commons together and She either asked me about the incident or I complained to her about it. I cannot remember which. After hearing tales of from other women that night Alyssa and her man Jay confronted him about the incident. I was not there at the time but there was a scene. I heard about it later.

Again, the next day Buurag confronted me about the incident. I told him that I had said something about it to Alyss. We did not get confrontational however the meeting did not go well. He begged me leave and I did. Alyss happened to be there and took him off to the side. After that he has been quiet.

I must say something about this Sins of the father mercenary company. They have tarnished Buurag since he has been involved with them. Many have told me that some of the members are good people however every time two or more of them are found in the commons there is trouble. I trust them less and less with each passing night I observe them. Buurag who I though was a good person has slid down a well of deviance. I truly hope that he eventually see’s how he is being manipulated and comes to his senses working to better himself. I will never trust Rin or Shash. I will never willingly walk with them.

The next thing that happened other than the standard adventuring things is that Neisha finally preformed the spell to try to open my mind. The plan was that she would read any forgotten memories and not try to alter them. The spell used being Tailored Memories. She cast it 5 times failing each and every time. Finally, I told her to stop she was getting flustered. I opened my mind to her. The next time she cast the spell worked upon me.

When I woke up I still had no memory however she had all mine. She seemed quite happy with herself for some of the things she saw. The floor was wet with my tears for unknowingly I had to relive my entire life in one night. It must have been a tragic life. She proceeded to gloss over the major points in my life.

My brother dying and my vow to become an arcane exorcist.

My training under an archmage that turned out to be a strange form of Ogre hiding in the form of a half-elven

My exile for finding her true form to Narfell.

The pact I made with a vampire to save the city I lived in and grown to love despite the people that used me.

The child, My daughter born of that pact and how I did everything I could while pregnant to cleans the corruption while she grew in my belly.

My induction into the Cerulean Stars an organization that keeps order on the magical front in the realms of Narfell.

My investigations into necromancy being a part of the order, many left open.

And finally, the wave that sank my ship and slamming my head into the mast. My daughter escaping with the rest of the crew on the tender.

What she told me upset me greatly I wandered between Arabel, Highmoon, and Velenthuil for the rest of the time until I sought out Azalea upon the recommendations of Alyss. But this if for later in the journal.

I wanted to speak to Alyss but things kept getting between us. Often Jay would show up and I need to give the couple as much deference as possible. They are a good couple and my infatuation should never get between them. I can’t believe I just wrote that…………When finally, we met we when to a room in one of the local inns. We sat by the fire together and discussed what Neisha had revealed to me.

After we spoke of my past, she called me out, gently. I did not know what to say. That’s when she said that she and Jay were not exclusive. It was an opening plain as day. I thought about it long and hard. In the end I find it would not be my way. I fear too much that my touch might one day corrupt her and I also fear myself coming in between her and her husband to be. I did drop my guard and showed her my moon dress. The dress I had made to worship. She said she had never seen this side of me before. She said I looked gorgeous. I could tell she wasn’t lying. When she left, I had to stay in the room awhile.

I do not begrudge anyone on who or others they engage with. If they think they can handle multiple partners that is for them to do. For me. I cannot fathom being with other than one person. And there is my thoughts that tell me being with another woman is wrong but ever more I look to women more than men now.

There is a paladin of Sune I also feel warm when I look upon her. Sulvi I believe her name is. She wears just the right clothing for her figure. But that is lust not love. I hardly know her. I also know or feel………my gut feeling is that those of Sune are hardly the exclusive types like those that worship Bastet.

During all this time I noticed complaints about Celdor. The first elf I met in Cormyr and his overzealous formal nature. I have heard complaints from more than a dozen people. Even Aedan who has a good head on his shoulders is frustrated by Celdor’s abnormal behavior.

I decided to take action. I pulled him down to the spot where I worship upon the riverbank to the east of the city. I started to teach him the proper way to greet people. How to generally act without embarrassing himself. I looked at how he stood how he kept his hands and other things and he did not actually do that badly there. It’s just when he opens his mouth, that things deteriorate. I worked with him on his greetings and good-byes gently correcting him when he was wrong. I told him. You are one that cannot do these things on instinct. You must replace instinct with your brain.

You must learn in your head what others do by nature. He seemed to start to get it. A day later I watched him. He stumbled several times but seemed to get a part of it. He is doing better. That is until a group was leaving and he bowed to them.

I called him over to me and gently explained that he looks like he is groveling when he does that. We spoke about it quietly for a while until I’m pretty sure he got it then did not see him the rest of the time in Arabel.

Neisha showed up again. We started to talk our trade. Necromancy. Again being frustrated and agitated I lost my normal reservation. And also the fact that I had resolved the issue before of my past and only when the spell ritual came up did I start to wonder about myself again.

Anyway we got deep into our discussion while unknowingly people had gathered around us. I spoke of spells I had heard of to which you can temporarily take the form of a lich or vampire. I was asking her about them and if they have a corrupting influence.

All of the sudden several eyes turned our way and some grunted. Neisha pulled me to the inn for a few drinks………………. By the way that is it! If I cannot get good whiskey in this gods forsaken realm I will damn well import it when I get enough fortune!

We drank and discussed more of our research. Or more pointedly hers. I asked her about her missus and other things about her life. I didn’t realize it but I started hitting on her. She seemed quite pleased and called me out. Again it was an opportunity but I had to pass. She also has from what I know a good woman. Again I would never come between two others. It’s just not right.

But being tipsy I showed her the dress. Not only did she think it gorgeous. She drooled a bit. I told her I could have it copied for her mate after the temperature in the room cooled. I’m still not sure what to do with this seemingly new infatuation with women.

In my meeting with Alyss. We spoke much about my daughter Elliseiff, and my pact. She suggested I seek out a ceremony of atonement. I thought perhaps it would be a good thing but I knew of no priestess to Sehanine here in this country. Alyss suggested I go to Azalea (Dove’s wife).

I have thus far stayed away from the winged ones and other elves that seem to keep a higher opinion of themselves. As I said seem that is important. I do not distrust the nobility of the elves or the heads of houses. But I seem to find them stuffy and self-absorbed. Or my gut feeling tells me they are. They take pride in their titles and take advantage of their positions when and where they can.

I know I have had to deal with many of these kinds of people in the past so it fits to some extend.

I have walked with Dove and found her more down to earth than I had thought. It gave me courage to approach her wife Azalea.

I walked up and asked audience with her. She accepted to my surprised. When we got into Selune’s inner chambers I explained the situation of my daughter to her. She told me that I would have to seek her out and get her back. She seemed to understand somehow that I had tried to break the pact with the vampire both during and after pregnancy.

She asked if I had tried several spells to find her. Scrying, sending, and other spells. I nodded. She told me that it seems I protected her somehow. I thought long and hard about it and told her if I wanted to break the arrangement, I would have an amulet of non-detection made for her with all the coin I had in the world if necessary, to protect her from him.

She told me that he would come after both me and Elliseiff. She said atonement is never easy and I would have to quest for the girl until I find her and bring home to me. Upon researching the Velethuil library I have found this except: This only if the vampire is denied the daughter:

After I spoke she said she would guide me on my quest of atonement and seeking out Eliseiff. She told me she will seek out the goddess to see if she could divine a clue about Eliseiff’s whereabouts. From there I must find her and keep her close until the day when the father comes for her. I know I will have to fight him. He is a powerful sorcerer if he instructed me so well on conjuration. I must find her. Learn what I must for the day when he comes. Until then my goals have been put aside. I vigil at this sacred pond for 10 days to prepare myself for what is to come.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella really is not sure what she is doing by the lake on the second day. She had told Azalea that she had to leave for 10 days to train. After their talk she decided to come here instead to mediate and pray about this atonement. She thinks about bit and quietly mutters, “Because this is more important.”

No one usually comes to the lake the few that do are usually young couples involved with themselves. They usually do not see her in the grass considering everything she needs to consider. It is not much. She still remembers nothing and was told by Neisha she will probably never get it back until a powerful cleric works some dangerous spells on her that could hurt her more than help.

Does the past really need concern her? She is doing well in this new life. She still gets headaches and flashes. ‘What did Neisha say? The headaches will stop when I have come to terms with myself. What concerns does she really have at this point though…………? a lot. But other than Elliseiff nothing from the past.’

Could my current problems be causing these headaches, or is it something unresolved from my past? Gods Lady Moonbow I feel like a brooding paladin. My daughter. I have no idea where she is or even if she survived this storm Neisha told me about. The other ship could have gone down. And if she survived to what port would they take her? I cant even bring the position of the merchant fleet on the map. I have forgotten all that. And why do I still have knowledge without the memory? The knowledge comes as easily as snapping my fingers, yet there is no memory to back it up. I simply go with my gut. My gut tells me she still lives but what if she has died?

Lauriella’s iron will breaks a moment and a tear comes out from the corner of her eye. She wipes it away, “She must still live. I cannot fathom she is dead until I see it with my own eyes. There must be hope in this world. Thus, I will trust in my hope that she is, and I can save her.”

Her thoughts drift to what she had planed to do was doing more slowly than her spell research. A cross-training into the art of dealing with people, influencing them gently to nudge information out of them. To intimidate those that use the art wrongly, so she does not need to fight them. To bluff her way out of situations that are too much for her to handle. To be able to sense what motivates someone to do what they do.

All these qualities an investigator of magic needs to catch criminals of the art. That is if she can enter a sanctioned Order or organization that does this. If she cannot find one, she will make one. But that is now for the distant future. She has a job to do. Probably the most important in her life. To save her own baby and make sure the vampire father never gets his hands on her. Even though she doesn’t remember she has a responsibility as both a mage and mother.

She suddenly gets a headache and a flash of a scene goes off in her head. She quickly locks it down within her mind and absorbs the pain. She looks to the few unresolved issues in her mind since coming to the lands of Cormyr. The biggest one is the growing confusion of her sexuality.

It’s not something she likes to brood on and still she does when excitement meets her inner feelings about the subject. She wants to just take a swim and deal with it later, but she knows she must needs deal with it, or it will never get resolved. She looks up, “Oh great lady why do you let me be confused so.”

Lauriella takes a few deep breaths and looks down centering her mind. She then looks up, “Lets just break it down.” What do you like in a man? What makes you sweat in places that should not?

I like to watch the monks at the school practice. A strong body…………no! a healthy body developed to withstand the rigors of adventuring without the slightest of armor. So strong healthy body. And I’m a bit tall and large for my people. Still slight for a human but slightly more curves than most of my kin.

A smaller elf? No, I would want someone I could look up slightly too. But this is all Eros. Lust something to which clashes with my beliefs of a good relationship. I really have no emotional attachment to any man I met. Even those I speak with and somewhat admire like Aedan and Theoradus.” She looks up and states, “My cloud watcher.” It is love in a way though these to may not know it. It is Philos or love of a friend. I would include Edylind in this for she always has a story for me when she ventures to the commons.

And what of Alyssana? And other women that…… What do I see when a look at a woman? Companionship a sense of being wanted and wanting them. It’s not so much their physical attraction but the colors of their soul. Someone I can be with that I can speak to. Develop something deeper than just jumping into a bed and having my way with them. So, what does that mean. Pragma! That is what I look for in a woman.”

Can I find that with a man? I do not know. Probably not they are so one dimensional most times. Especially adventurer men or taken. The good men are always taken by pretty little girls with no head on their shoulders.

So, what do you want Lauriella? I still don’t know. My heart tells me I only want one person to share my life with. Someone I can feel safe with. Someone I can be a girl with. I cannot afford to be one in public and very few have seen that side of me. Only two: both women. Both taken; and I cannot get myself to be with them even when they say they are not exclusive. Damn my values I am so lonely.

I must be more open to opportunity until I do find someone that is worthy of my love. Someone whose love I am worthy of. I must also put away my infatuation with Alyssana. I hope I can do this in the coming months. Jay does not deserve another interfering with his affections for her. Lady Sehanine please forgive me and know that I will always give you my love, heart and soul.

And what of my necromancy. The magic that touches another soul. A magic to which my very goddess frowns upon. I believe a strong faith will stay any corruption of my soul, yet I fear even touching another for fear I may corrupt them. Wherever it comes from my understanding of the school runs so deeply. It is by far my strongest school of knowledge. It comes up in my head like a flowing spring running down a mountain.

The lady’s dogma will keep me from using spells harmful in a way that corrupts me, yet I feel so guilty for using the talents the gods have gifted. Now I know I have a corrupted daughter from a pact I myself made. What does that say about me as a practice of Necromancy. Am I different now? Would I do it again? It is a question I must answer before coming back to Azalea. For now, I still have no answer.

If Cormyr were in the same kind of trouble that this Peltarch was. Would I do it again or would I let citizens die for my inaction? It is a question I cannot answer but must before this atonement starts.

Frustrated Lauriella looks up to the evening sky. Big puffy clouds wander east. The first stars poke out between them as evening settles into twilight. She gets up and buys Thirty lilies. She comes back to the lake and walks round it the night though. Occasionally placing a lily at the water’s edge in meditation.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

On The third day of her rest and reflection Lauriella knew she had to do something. she goes into the market area to the flower girl. She looks a Lauriella strangely as her eyes sort of drift off, much like Reverie.

"Miss, May I help you?"
Lauriella snaps out of it, "I'm not sure? I think I need vines and an apple, honey and some cinnamon?"
The flower lady huffs, "Aren't you a little old to be chasing fairies? Miss farm girl."
Lauriella looks a little perplexed at the comment but asks, "Do you have what I need, Ma'am?"
"Aye I do have what you need but to keep the secret will cost you an extra bit of gold, say 50 gold"
Perplexed she asks, "What secret?"
The merchant just shows the palm of her hand. Lauriella pays for the merchandise and goes back to the lake. The merchant added a clothes pin and a small flat piece of tree bark."

When she gets back she places all the items on the ground and looks perplexed at them. The Hound Acheron said that for his service He wanted her to make him a fairy ball for every year she called to him. She wasn't sure what a fairy ball is. The Hound rather flatly stated that every farm girl from Evermeet knows what a fairy ball is. Neisha said she grew up on a farm in Evermeet. If so she should be able to do this. But how without any memory. But then again how is she doing or knowing anything without the memory in the first place?

She picks up the pieces of vine some are very long the 5 feet and some are short about one foot and some sizes in-between. Lauriella looks them over and puts down all but the long pieces. She takes the first and feels it. It's a live vine that when dries hardens like wicker. She thinks about it and makes a hoop about the size of a pumpkin. Taking the other long vines she makes two more hoops and ties them to the first so that now the thing looks like a frame for a globe. Next she weaves smaller pieces at the top and bottom until the structure is fairly sturdy.

When done she holds it up and eyes it strangely still not sure what she is making. She looks at the other materials not sure what to do next. She sees the bark and picks it up examining it, "Somehow I know you are next."
She sits for a half hour staring at the piece of bark then gets an idea. Going to her knees on the ground she bring out her pairing knife and spins it into the edges at six points. Once she's halfway into the wool she turns it upside down and repeats the process. She takes the bark and runs six of the shortest vines threw it and then ties it in the center of the ball she created.

Now she weaves the rest of the globe leaving about a 2 inch gap in the middle of the vine ball. She weaves loosely leaving gaps in it big enough that someone would easily look into it and big enough for a pixie to fly in. When she is done she looks to it again for a long time. Then she realizes and exclaims, "It's a bird house for fairies! I'll be damned."

She waits until twilight then takes the last of the vine a four foot piece and ties it to the top of the fairy ball. Once that is done she finds a tree with a low broad branch and hangs it there. She gets the apple, honey and cinnamon. The apple she takes and slices into four even pieces. She pairs of the ends and carves the seeds out. Placing one in her mouth she sets the others down on a large rock. She then opens the small jar of honey and mixes it with some of the cinnamon. Taking her finger she scoops out some of the honey and paints in on the three apple slices. While chewing on the last.

When that is done she stops a moment to finish the slice in her mouth. She goes over to the ball. After she swallows the last of the apple she casts Prestidigitation on the globe and says, "Dry!" in elven. The vines shrink ever so slightly and turn brown and hard. Going over to the apples she takes another and bites down on it. The last two she takes over to the globe and uses the clothes pin to pin one to the top of the bark. The other she sets gently beside it.

She finishes her second slice and gets a sly look about her and giggles. She calls out another command and blows gently into it, "Wind take you" The smell of the honey cinnamon coated apples carries across the lake. She undresses and casts invisibility on herself easily climbing up on the branch putting her face just above the ball she waits.

Lauriella waits patiently for two an a half hours before she sees and hears something. there are three of them, pixies. The hum of their wings are unmistakable. They fly around the ball several times looking around. Lauriella stays motionless. When satisfied the pixies go into the ball. and perch. One of them tests an apple slice with its hand. backs away and licks its hand. It then draws out a tiny knife and cuts out a tiny piece of apple and eats it. The others come in.

The fairies eat and fly around the globe for about another hour. When Lauriella senses they are sated she breaks her invisibility and yells out, "Boo!" The Fairies frantically fly off all in different directions. Lauriella can not help but laugh at both them and herself for being such a girl. One of pixies comes back and slams into her forehead. The little creature then backs up a foot and waves its arms while chittering madly. Lauriella laughs so hard this time she starts to slip off the branch. catching herself she hangs with her hands round it completely naked. Then drops to the ground as the perturbed pixies fly off into the woods.

As she dresses again she laughs, "Hope no one saw me it would be quite the embarrassment. but it was fun." She then gets a more serious look to her. She takes the ball gently out of the tree and places it down by her feet. She then conjures the hound Sparrowind. At least that is what he calls himself.

The heavens open up and there appears the hound. He looks to her and to her feet. You have my fee Lauriella Sithmore?
She smiles, "I do."
She picks the ball up and walks over, stretching her arms out. He takes it, "And what did you learn?"
She raises her eyebrows, "That I can make a fairy ball."
"And that it is alright to have fun now and again. You have completed your task. I will partner with you for a year. Do not make my summons a habit."
Lauriella bobs her head slightly, "I will not. Only when sorely needed."
The Hound studies the ball, "It is crude but the lesson is taught. On this day the next year if you wish to retain my services I will have a new task for you."
"But?"
The hounds eyes move to hers.
Lauriella holds them chin up. When she has made her point she closes them and bobs her head slightly. The hound nods and she dispels him.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

On the 4th morning of her reflection Lauriella comes out of her trance as the sun heats her face. There is no one that she can perceive at the lake. The sky is clear and free from clouds. The breeze is stiff. She can hear it racking the grass around the lake making an eerie sound and whistling amongst the trees. Her joints a bit stiff from the cold of night.

Lauriella knows she must complete yet one more hard task before she can confront Azalea for her divination and advise. One task over resolving her mind on the things she fears, the inadequacies that plague her limited memories. The struggles within her mind and soul. To which she may perhaps put off one more day.

She goes back to the shop areas. She needs powdered electrum, slow burning base oils, rosemary oil, Sandalwood oil, Jasmine and lavender oils, and iron powder filed from something made of cold iron. She easily purchases all of it at a good price from a local mage she knows. The mage stares at her silently in approval after the purchase.

Now she walks to the other side of the lake and into the forest looking for a big enough clearing. She finds it shorty. Within an hour. It seems that this place is used to practice various magics from others for there is a wide even patch of dirt here. There are also the remnants of magical castings about the place.

She looks back a moment. The spell she is about the cast is dangerous without another mage to watch over her in case things go wrong. She falters a moment in indecision. The first casting was easy to gain an ally. The hound’s vision of right and wrong, the role of society against the role of the individual is a little bit closer to her heart than the creature she is about to summon. The hound will hold by his word. This other creature may not depending on its emotional state. It will lie to her, give her platitudes to break her down if she is not careful. It may turn to a battle of wills and subdual. Does she ever want to fight the one she summons each time she does?

She thinks about it long and hard, “No if I cannot make a pact, I will release it and start over. It is only fair to both the angel and I.”

Lauriella takes the iron filings and makes a thaumaturgic triangle on the outside of the triangle she carefully scribes out the runes to contact the plane of Avandor. When finished careful not to mar her work she goes to each point of the triangle and sets up a brazier. She mixes the base oil with Rosmary and sandalwood oil and lights it. When all three pots are burning, she carefully steps out of the circle.

From there she makes a second circle with electrum powder. She makes the near the same circle but with far different runes along the triangles outer edge. These runes direct the power of the plane of Bytopia to the circle to protect whatever exists with the circle. She again sets up braziers with a base oil. She mixes in these cauldrons Jasmine and lavender oil. When finished she carefully steps out of the circle again.

Casting prestidigitation. She undresses and cleans her body with the spell. When finished she combs out her hair with more of the jasmine and lavender oil. When completely clean she goes back into the center of the circle and casts her spell, Planar Binding.

Once again, the heavens open and a form appears within the other circle. It looks like a dust devil with small chunks of dirs. Swirling within. Lauriella casts her will in its direction, “Change to a form I may speak with.”
The form slows. As it does a short elf-like creature, long bow slung over its back and two scimitars sheathed at its hips materializes. The dust devil dissolving within his form. Its eyes are a deep shade of red, “I do not like to be contained sorceress!”

“Wizardess. If this goes smoothly, I will gladly release you.”

He tests the circle. Sparks fly and he backs up shaking his hand. Lauriella centers herself and focuses on the Bralani. He goes back to the center and focuses back on her. She feels him testing her. She throws her will and concentration right back at him. He staggers back.

“Willful you are. What is your name?”

“What is yours?”

“Do you want a fight mage? I can wear you down.”

“We can do this the hard way. You can certainly try your best but as you see I can stand in this circle for days if I needs must. Would it not be better to come to an agreement? One that benefits all in the circumstance.”

The Bralani studies each of the circles very carefully, “These are very advanced. How do you come by such knowledge?”

“I have a deep understanding of three of the schools of magic other than that I will keep my own council. What is your name, Sir?”

He studies her again. His eyes turning green, “You are a pretty one. Newly matured. Not some welp of a girl. I like that.”

“You are stalling to divine a way out of this situation. Your charms will not work on me. I am protected just as you are momentarily caged. Your name, Sir?”

“Am I not handsome?”

Lauriella’s eyes droop, “Stalling. Whatever plan you think you will enact it will not work. What is your name, Sir?”

Thinking he now as the advantage when her eyes droop, he throws his will at her again. It has no effect she throws her will at him again. He again takes a step back and notices her eyes start to shade red. He exclaims, “You practice necromancy!”

“I do not create undead, I do not control undead, and I do not seek to change into necrotic form. I use only spells sanctioned by the Seldarine. I will not hold nor will I even learn the necromantic spells of darkness. What is your name, Sir? I will not ask again.”

“You’re a hard one. Well-practiced. You may call me Cynwrig. Now What is yours wizardess?”

“I am Lauriella Sithmore.”

Cynwrig smiles. Lauriella continues, “Do not think that by knowing my name you have the advantage. As you said yourself, I am practiced.”

“You are prideful. What do you want?”

“Not really. I am someone of no import to the greater things in life. A mortal trying to make the better of the world through my gifts in the art. When I die. No one will remember. No one will genuinely care. For whom would ever truly love one that practices white necromancy?”

The Bralani considers her answer most carefully, “You still have not told me what you want, Lauriella.”

“Service. I would rather barter with you than subdue your will. What say you, Cynwrig. Will you negotiate?”
“To negotiate I must know the mage I am dealing with. Step out of your circle so I may examine you open to me that I might know you are truly of thought with the circle you draw.”

“No another trick to weaken my resolve. If you would know me then speak to me here are now.”
Cynwrig looks around, “You have no one to your side. If I escape this circle, I will take my revenge for a mortal trying to subdue me.”

“I do not wish to impede you, Cynwrig. My need is great. I am to embark on an important quest and need allies.”

“What is the quest?”

“I will tell you if and when a bargain is struck.”

“Do you care for others? to whom do you care for.”

“I care for everyone in the cities I call home. Even those that stand against me for if they are mortal they can change and redeem themselves. I remain centered in politics taking no side so that others may come to me with their needs.”

“Do you love someone?”

“I love many.”

“That is a half-truth, Careful mage your will is weakening. You know exactly what I mean.”

Lauriella pays not attention to his insightfulness knowing it’s the game he is playing, “Yes, I love someone.”

“Why are they not here by your side in this most important of summonings?”

“They are unattainable, spoken for by another.”

“And how do you feel about this Lauriella?”

“It does not matter how I feel. It is wrong to come between two that show affections between one another. Now tell me what you want for your service?”

“I am not done knowing you.” Lauriella keeps her attentions and focused to Cynwrig. He’s still fencing with her. Trying to find weakness he may exploit to drive down her willpower to control both circles.

The Bralani again studies Lauriella with a sharp eye, “You know the sea. Your clothing makes that plain. You wear thick gloves. You are afraid of your own touch, what it will do to others.”

“What I have done and do is of not import to this discussion. I will speak to you no further on this. What will you have for your service? Or do you wish to test me more?”

“Do you still yearn for this one you love?”

“What is love without Eros, Philos, and Pragma?”

“A scholar.”

“Take it as you will.”

“To whom do you give your soul too?”

“Sehanine Moonbow.”

“Then I Know what I wish for my service for the length of the year.”

“Then speak your terms, Cynwrig.”

“You will hold the hands of twenty-four people within this year. And you will find a way to show the one to whom you love and their lover that you bear no jealousy against their union.”

“Strange terms as the Hound’s. I would think happy tears of a nymph, gems, or some unattainable want.”

The Bralani smiles, “It will pain you and force growth upon you, Lauriella Sithmore. For we of the higher planes always seek to force grown and wisdom upon those we share a connection. It will be fun to seem you humble yourself to others and will grow your strength in soul. But now it is my turn to say no more. Be warned each year the things I and your hound will want will tax you ever more.”

“Then shed your tear that I may call you, Cynwrig.”

Cynwrig uncaps a small vial left near one of the vials. He sheds a single tear into it then corks it, “This pact is made unless the task of Lauriella Sithmore stands open more than 6 months. By this I vow.”

Lauriella repeats, “By this I vow.”

The Bralani leaves the vial in the center of the circle, “Now release me.”

Lauriella calls out the release of Cynwrig. He disappears in a flash of light.”

She picks up the vial and steps out of her circle. She puts out and cleans out the braziers, brushes the circles clean and casts greater dispelling on the area so no magic lingers. She makes the long walk to the market.

At the market she goes to the flower girl. She smiles, “So what’s it like being an Ar-Tel growing up on a farm and still chasing fairies?”

Lauriella smiles, “I wouldn’t know.”

“You a slick one you know. That didn’t even look like a lie.”

“Maybe. Do you deliver?”

“Aye depends on if I can find your love.”

Lauriella eyes flicker a moment in thought and a warm feeling, “Not anything like that. It’s a wedding present of sorts. A pre wedding presence and I wish to send it anonymously so to speak.”

“Ok what, where, when and who?”

“I would like you to send 30 moonflowers each To Alyss’ana Ravenshadow and her man Jaylithel each. The flowers must be sent to them the day before each full moon for the next year.”

Lauriella thinks a moment and says, “The first note should say to Alyss and Jay. An early wedding present for you to dance with this night. May you dance as one From.”

Lauriella pauses thinking and speaks it out as she does, “Someone of no import to the greater things in life.”
The rest of the month just write the last, “From someone of no import to the greater things in life.”

The florist is agape, “You just blackened my ledgers for the next year for sure.”

Lauriella smiles, “I always like to help friends out how much will that be?”

“For you my lady, 4,000”

“tis a big order and a lasting one. 3,000”

“I cannot go below 3,750.”

“Deal”

“Deal”

Lauriella counts out trade bars for the flower girl who smiles with glee, “Its Lauriella.”
You are now my favorite customer, Miss Lauriella.”

If you happen to hear rumors of magic being misused, you would tell me? I track down people that misuse the art.”

“What are friends for, my lady.”

Lauriella shakes her hand desert fashion and walks back to the lake happy that she may have found some resolution to one of her problems. Or she thinks to herself is it truly that easy?”
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Day Five and Six of Lauriella’s Reflections

On the fifth day of Lauriella’s self-imposed vigil she wakes from trance with a splitting headache. Desperate to find a way to alleviate the pain from these episodes she walks back to the market. There she purchases large sheets of blank scroll paper and many bottles of colored ink. She goes back to the lake and finds a quite corner where she may observe all entrances from the city. There she sits down making drawings the rest of the night.

One the sixth day she looks at all the drawings she has made. Some do not mystify her. Some horrify and bring a sense of Loathing to her, sending chills down her body. She centers her mind and makes decision. Bringing a vial with a tear in it she stands calling to the heavens, “Sparrowind Come to me!”

A blue-light light flashes in front of her as it recedes a Hound Acheron forms. The creature looks around and stares at her, “I though that we had discussed this Lauriella Sithmore. I should not be summoned for frivolous wants or reasons.”

“My want is not frivolous. I have sought out a priestess of Selune being I know of no priestess of Sehanine here. I am on a trail to atone for a great sin of my past that I do not remember. I have no memory of before I came here. Yet others have scanned my mind and told me of my deeds. I am not proud.

I wish to confront my past so as to be able to put it away forever. I was told that once I have settled this within myself the headaches, night frights and visions will stop.”

“You seek growth?”

“Yes.”

“Then tis a worthy want to seek.” The hound gives her a nod.

Lauri goes over to the down log she has been using to make her drawings and sits. The hound puts his sword away and sits in lotus position in front of her. She takes a pile of the scroll sheets and gives him them. There is another pile beside her.

Sparrowind stares at her, “Those are………...Those are not needed.” She says with an even voice.
The hound replies, “If you wish growth, I must see all.”

Lauriella takes them up and hands them to him. He looks at each one for several minutes. During that time, she wraps her overcoat tightly round herself folds her arms in front of her defensively and puts her head down. After a time, she looks up steeling herself for a beating she thinks sure to come.

The Hound sits there staring at her with no expression, “Do You ever show or have emotion?”

“Do you?”

“What do you mean? I am mortal. Of course, I show emotion.”

“Yes. You do but only to those that know you well enough, Lauriella. You were taught to show no emotion. Every smile you give someone. Is it genuine or contrived? Is it something you do from pleasure and contentment or is it something that is expected of the moment?

“I………. I smile from pleasure and………. among good friends it is honest. Perhaps this was a bad idea.”

“Do you wish to grow or not, Lauriella. Growth true growth is not easy. It will put you at odds with your own soul as now. If you wish not to answer my questions in honesty, then release the bind.”

She steels herself, “No I will do this. I must do this to atone. To be of free heart when I search for my daughter.”

“Good.” The hound looks back to the pictures. He then takes several and spreads them on the ground. Pointing to the first he asks, “Do you know what this is?”

Looking at the picture she sees a giant dragonfly like creature in a field near some trees. The top side of it is jet black. The underside is sky blue. The colors almost seem metallic, “A giant dragonfly creature or something?”

“It is a machine Lauriella. It is called a damselfly. It flies carrying its occupants to other places.”
“It’s a spelljammer like the fleet!”
“How did you know that and what is the fleet?”
“It just came to me. I do not know. Information comes but I have no memory of learning it.”
It looks down at the picture, “An honest answer. We are getting somewhere.”

He goes to the next picture. A Half-elven woman is sitting in a chair in a strange room. The chair seems to encompass the woman deeply. Lauriella stands beside her arms folded behind her butt. Both are dressed in Mulhorandi attire. Their faces are painted round the eyes to make their faces look like birds or prey. Between the black lines that extend Lauriella’s eyebrows is a single black dot. The other woman has five black dots. The hound studies it, “This answers many questions. Why you do not shave your head, Why, your soul is still bright. Why a sun elf would go to receive this training. Why you have not succumb completely to the hellish training you were put through. But we will get to this.

This drawing shows you at your youngest, Lauriella and already you were being trained to be a death mage.”

“You mean a necromancer.”

“No, a death mage. There is a difference. Mulhorandi death mages are sent out to kill and destroy any adversary the pharaoh sees as a threat. There are many types of mages Lauriella. There are those that are scholars, those that make a practice of divination or entertain with illusions. You. You were trained to be nothing but scholar so you may learn what you need and to be a weapon. That’s what you are Lauriella. You are a weapon.”

“That can’t be true!”

“Unlike other mages you are relearning what you lost. Tell me then what special things have you relearned. What can you do that other mages cannot?”

“I can penetrate shields more easily than other mages. I can shield myself from many spells by will alone. I can cast the schools of conjuration, enchantment and necromancy better than most mages of my circle, and I’ve developed a natural immunity to the school of necromancy.”

“Think about what you just said. You’re a mage killer among other things, Lauriella.”

Lauriella closes her eyes, “But why?”

“I am afraid that is lost to your missing memory. It is something you will have to come to grips with in your own mind and soul.”

“What else can you show me.?”

He goes to the next drawing. It looks like an open shrine of Selune in the woods. There are moon flowers resting in front of an altar. A woman is lying on top. Bleeding and unconscious. Her skin is sky blue. Silver tresses fall from her head to the edge almost touching the ground. Lauriella is putting a bandage over a bloody wound along the woman’s ribs. A dead orc lies to the side.”

Lauriella stares at it and comments, “A celestial. A guardian of the shrine.”
“No. She is not a celestial. I know this form of creature. It is an ogre.”
“Not like any ogre I’ve ever seen. She is beautiful.”
The hound hands the paper to her, “Burn this paper now. In front of my eyes so that I may know it will never exist. Do not mention this creature ever again.”

“Why?”

“There are very few of these people left. They are highly magical and highly sought after by many dark things. Some wish to enslave them for their magic. Others wish other things of them. In some markets their pheromone glands are worth 30 trade bars or more. Their brains 20. Their skin is highly prize for they have shapeshifting abilities. They are also exceptionally good creatures for the most part, but if one is commonly known it will be hunted incessantly. That will be all that is said to you.”

Lauriella thinks about it a long time trying to decide what to do. When finished she burns the scroll saying, “Then I vow never to mention this creature ever again.”

“The hound nods to her.”

He takes two drawings out and lays them side by side. The first show Lauriella sitting in a chair speaking to a woman lying on a bed. Lauriella is dressed again as a death mage in robes and paint. The woman in the bed is holding the sheets up showing her naked body to Lauri in invitation. Her head is shaved, and she wears the holy symbol of Bastet round her neck.

The other painting is brutal. Lauriella is naked on her hands and knees. Her body is bruised and one of her eyes is swollen. There is a pale human that looks in his mid-30s behind her. He’s pulling her hair back as he takes his pleasure Forcing her head up so she must look into a mirror.

Lauri must turn her head away.

“Look at it. Is this the reason for your atonement?”

She turns her eyes back to him but will not look at the drawing, “Yes, it seems I had made a pact with this one to save the city I protected from an invasion of Baatezu.”

He says calmly, “It is a great sin, but you did this with noble purpose. This can be forgiven in atonement.”
“Why was I abused if making a pact?”

“Let me ask you. What does a vampire fear? What are their needs?”

The information pops right into her consciousness, “They fear death. They are immortal but know that they can be killed. They need a form of normalcy. They seek out what they have lost their humanity, their lost human emotions. But they must control and deprave everyone and everything they engage with."

“Did he try to keep you?”

“Neisha said he did but somehow I escaped.”

“Now see the difference in the pictures. One is good. The other a vile and demented soiling of the act of love. The woman invites you in friendship. This is the way those of Bastet cement their friendship with you. It is good as seen in the eyes of the gods. The other is controlling and degrading. The gods of the higher planes frown on such depravity.”

“Are you trying to tell me that being with another woman is not depraved?”

“You are learning. This is good.” He takes the drawings away.

Putting another drawing in front of her, she looks. It’s a portrait of herself in her Mulhorandi outfit. She is beautiful.

“Why this drawing?”

The hound places his hand on it, “I want to make a point to you. This was you. It is not you. You do not have to follow blindly in this woman’s tracks. You have choices afforded to you know. Make the right choices. Become who you want to be.

You have set yourself to protect Cormyr and the dales with your abilities of training. It is a good and noble purpose, but you do not have to be this woman. This woman has no feelings. She is blindly loyal to whoever is in power. This woman would sacrifice her soul for the better of her rulers.

Lauri the only thing you are left with in the end is your own soul. In death there is no kingdom to protect. There are no friends to protect. There are no enemies to overwhelm with your magic. You only have your soul and that is the only thing you truly own. Protect your soul first. So, I tell you do not be her. Take a different path. One that strengths you as a person.”

Lauriella nods, “Then I will set myself to the task.”

He takes the last picture out. Lauri looks to be behind a desk in a library. She looks to be military mage robes. On the collar of the robe there is a single star embroidered into it. The Candles set on the desk have burned down near to their end. There is a smallish Shou girl on the other side of the desk. Her head is lying on a book She is asleep. Lauri has a quill in her hand. Its end is set down upon a scroll as if writing. She is looking at the girl with a genuine smile upon her face. Lauriella’s face now shows near the same age as she is now. She is also very pregnant.

Lauriella looks to it mystified, “I don’t understand this drawing at all.”

“The knowledge is in the fine detail you put into the drawing Lauriella. You are in the uniform of a cerulean star. There is a cloak and hat laying upon a chair near you. The hat is an ensign pilot hat of a merchant mariner. The woman sleeps peacefully upon a book and you are smiling at her. The books are marked as translation books. You were teaching the woman your language it seems. But there is much more.

By the fine detail I would say this is the woman that turned your eyes from men. That look is one of blossoming love. Due to your upbringing and sense of right and wrong you have probably denied it. The woman will probably never know of your infatuation with her because of your training.

You need to weigh this in your heart because it is torn between what you believe and what you feel. You have been abused many times. As strong as you are. As male like as you show yourself in public you crumble in private. It will eventually drive you insane if you deny the truth within yourself.”

“But I want to be a girl. I want to be feminine. I cant do that with another woman by my side.”

“Then you must find a man that will accept your aggressive nature in public and can be a woman in private. Or you must accept a woman that will treat you like a girl in private. You can be feminine with another woman, but it will take a special kind of woman. One you will have to search for or one that finds you. But in truth I see in you that you could be with either man or woman.”

“I am not aggressive in public! And I am not male like!

“Have you ever worn a dress in public? How do you present yourself, as you do to me now? How do you speak to men? How do you speak to women? Aggressiveness does not necessarily mean open aggression against another. This will be one of the hardest things for you to work out. For your views deep within and your feelings collide.”

Lauriella’s eyes harden slightly. The hound calmly states, “You are past your patience to try to understand and learn the concepts that I am giving you. When you have settled your soul, I will gladly return to help you in your growth. Release me.”

Lauriella sighs slightly standing, “I think it best at this point.”

He stands up with her, “Do not be disheartened. You are moving forward. It is more than most.”
She releases him. He fades into nothingness.

Lauriella is left alone. She looks to the stars coming out as twilight dims the day, “I feel like I’m in a no-win situation.” She sits back down and meditates throughout the night.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Letters to a lost love

Alluin Vyshaan, a pretty gold elf with golden blonde hair and green eyes comes to the door when she hears a knock. She comes from a large house of the old line but does not quite take to the restrictive standards of her family. Opening the door there is a human male in a waterproof overcoat reminding her of someone quite different.

Her betrothed, Crayaras another from a long line stands a few inches higher than her. His skin tone is deeper. His hair is black and his eyes the rare color of gold. He comes behind her, “Is everything alright?”

The sailor tips his hat, “Alluin? Alluin Vyshaan?”

She looks up at the bearded brute almost a foot taller than her, “Yes that’s me. What do you want?”

“Letter from the harbor master.” He hands her a scroll tube.

Looking at the scroll she thinks she knows what it is. Her lips quirk a moment before looking back at the sailor, “Thank you.”

The man tips his hat and departs.

Crayarus looks to the scroll in interest, “What does the seal say?”

She looks at it and reads, “Mulhorandi House of life. There is a wizard mark in the center. Crayarus my dear could you help my father with the back for a few moments?”

He raises his eyebrow in understanding, “I leave you two alone then.” He leaves to the back of the house.

She breaks the seal and removes the scroll. Her lips again quirking.

Dearest, Alluin Vyshaan,

I had to go. I want to explain. The day I disappeared Azalea sent me to the lake to reflect for a time. I felt silly at first. Like a brooding paladin. On the fifth day I drew pictures of my flashes. My visions. The next day I called my hound.

With no memory of recall we pieced together the past. It was brutal at times. When he left. I walked the lake. Burning each as I resolved the past.

One I could not. For days I studied. I sat at a desk. A Shou woman sleeping at the other side. I smiled down on her as she slept upon a book. All the things I love surrounding me. On the last day I found my answer. For I now know there is no sin in being with the same. I knew in my heart I loved both. But how-to level desire? Only one way I know. Have both husband and wife.

I took to temple then harbor. You should have seen the Harbor master raise his eyes looking up my name. Lauriella lost at sea. Awarded lieutenant pilot posthumously.

You’ll like her, Alluin. She’s 42 foot. Bought with my coin from ventures here. Her name’s the Moonflower. She cuts a low draft. She’ll outrun most and is worthy for sea. Polished and new. She’s meant for a crew three. but I will have to do for now.

I went for my daughter. It didn’t take me long. I did not find her. Instead I found a grave. It was the first time I cried since finding myself on that beach. I prayed to the lady into the night. They said that she caught fever after the storm. She languished a few weeks but gave into fugue. I am suspicious.

I love you, Alluin. And I’m in love with you. It’s not something I wish but fate intercedes. You are a noble, have duties to yours. I am but a pilot and mage. No one of import. You are my lost love, heart and soul. I think that’s what I’ll call you now. Sometimes I look up on moonless nights in the open sea. That is when the stars are brightest. It seems like you can put your hand up and touch them but ever untouchable. It is like your soul. So bright and clear. You know I know souls.

Perhaps I’ll stop by. Now and again. I think you know my sign now. If your love agrees. You can come to me. Perhaps woo me in that dress again. This time I wont so frightened now my heart and mind are one. I promise. I’ll make your night memorable. Some year when you have your grand on your lap you can tell her of your girl of the sea. Going to lands plagued by abominations to stop them.

As I go from port to port I eventually marry man then a woman. This ship is meant to have a three- man crew. I didn’t buy it without reason. I’ll marry a man first. They’re easy to convince to let another in. Women are smarter. And much more jealous. We’ll go round the sea of fallen stars helping kingdoms. I have papers for over a dozen countries. I’m legally my own merchant now though its more for getting into ports.

And you tell your man he had better protect my girl. Not that you need it. If I find out he’s laxed in his duties I may have to turn him into a salamander. I like salamanders. I won’t be cruel. I’ll put him in a glass cage and give him 10 or 12 lady salamanders to take care of. Ok, that may be even more cruel.

I will write as often as I may. You are welcome to write back.

When the time comes for you to stand at the Gates of the moon. I will be waiting at the entrance. Bare hand out in invitation, My Love, Heart and Soul.

Lieutenant Lauriella Sithmore Merchant Marine Pilot.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

OOC Note: Lauriella will be moving on to the next server soon. She make make occasional stops on old servers for a few weeks a month, but shes become a wanderer (helps with my review stuff.) it will be an interesting life ;)
CTP team member