The City of Arabel
This Forum encompasses reviews and discussions of new games
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: The City of Arabel

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I started this log with a brawl in the faceless. I will keep it with the things that need done in the next months. It has been a hard set of months behind me with loosing the Moonflower and my husband to be stirring the hunters against us even though I myself am in the union. No more I have disavowed them and collected what i could with my prestige from the house of the hunt.

There are so many things I must do in the coming days. A salvage operation of a wizard's family research vessel. I must speak with the mayor of Immersea. Hopefully to charter the guild that my wife envisions to the future. She wants to settle there. When my ship is built we will have easy access to the port and the new ship should just make the channel to the sea of fallen stars by 4 foot. A bit uncomfortable but I have been at sea some 30 year and know my trade.

I wish to repair relations between the two cities Immersea and Arabel but must take this most cautiously. I believe that if I set up regular new moon reflections by the waterfront that will do it. Politics is not allowed on nights of reflection. Only stories and good will. As hostess I will be hard pressed to keep things toned down but believe with Sehanine's blessing will be able too.

I cannot believe I just wrote that. I know i am of no import to the greater scheme. Someone small but I will do my best anyway. Perhaps the goddess will see my good will and goals and bless our reflections.

Recently I an Ava were exploring the saltwater tombs when a scathing sending was sent about us personally and all elves. It was generalized but since we were the only elves exploring the tomb I know it was meant for us personally.

I wanted to make a sending back. Saying you misunderstand us. The one thing you do not figure is time. 100 years I will visit your grave, while your body is filled with worms and your bones crumbling to dust. Perhaps you will look up while your heir of lesser attitude squander the fortune you built and see that though i am older that my perfect form and beauty remain young and alive (at least in appearance) I will put flowers upon your grave and smile knowing that you soul is nothing but a face attached to a worm being traded by Hags.

Two hundred years and i will visit you again. Perhaps I have succumbed to my necromancy and have fallen. I would dig you up and trap your soul within your decaying skeleton to guard my home. After cutting your horns off and displaying them in front of my hearth. Or find the worm you have become and place you in a jar to watch your torment's. I'll tell you how your family has spent all your fortune after three generations and have become beggars on the streets of Arabel. Yet I will still appear as young and beautiful as ever. perhaps a few thin lines around my eyes and mouth. Yet you will have been dead some two hundred years.

I so wished to send something like this but alas. It would not due well to throw oil upon a fire that already burns bright. I will simply await the decade when the hunters fall out of favor and smile as the elves re-inhabit the Hullack. That's how we truly handle things like this. Time is in our favor. Not theirs.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The first of the new moon reflections went off quietly. Lauriella dressed as a common sailor set out some hard boiled eggs and fruit juice; A small barrel of whiskey and Ale. She made a 30 ft ring of moonflowers and placed a campfire in the center. Waiting for others to come and reflect, tell the stories of the past, their peoples legends and their thoughts of the future.

She spent half the night alone speaking to the Lady of night Sehanine Moonbow. Near midnight Nan came. Nan told Lauriella of her path to become an Oathtaker. Her future thoughts of blending even more deeply with the forest, and her struggles with the grove of scars. Lauriella quietly listened adding comments when appropriate.

As Dawn broke Nan went back to her Redwoods. Lauriella made sure the campfire was put out and the left over food donated to the inn for the locals to eat while they have an ale or rum.

Lauriella considering the night a mild success has decided to continue the traditions of her faith each month calling out to those who would share their tales, add their thoughts, or dream of better futures. There will be a reflection each month on the night of the full moon. All are welcome to share their stories.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella goes back to her inn room in Immersea after a hard 4 days of work. She secludes herself. Only accepting meals and denying all visitors: Even her wife Ava.

She buries herself into both demonology and the lore of negative plane theory. What few books she has in her library yields nothing. She knowingly must prepare for both the worse of undead and other necromancers that seek to cause destruction of the surrounding lands.

Her thoughts go dark. Filled with the lore of Mulhorand and knowing that Thavian wizards always take advantage, (even if unseen), she steels her countenance to face the ultimate challenge as per her training. If a Thavian is the leader of this horde she will challenge him to a duel. She knows that even if she dies she will have effected him or her enough that others may take advantage of the Thavian mages distress and vanquish them.

As She slips into revelry unbeknownst to her she has a nightmare of the past where she was a magical enforcer for the realms of Damara, Narfell, and Vaasa.
She screams out. Lem and his female guard go to her room. they break down the door to find Lauriella caught in revelry deep within what the elves call sleep. She is speaking a foreign language they do not know. Papers fill the air as if animated of their own volition. they pick up the remnants of the door and wield it into place, praying to their gods that this episode subsides. For they know that the captain that has rented this room has a high aptitude for necromancy even if not a necromancer per say.

After many hours of torture in sleep Lauriella wakes up. She gets partially up. her feet on the floor her ass on the bed. She sighs heavily on all the burdens put before her. She gets up and pulls out a folder with papers thick as her thigh. The pages of the scrolls within yellowed from age. It has been some 15 years since she had opened this particular folder. Moths have even eaten the edges.

Lauriella opens it and pursues it for any information she has collected from the past that might help her now. for she has no memory of other than the past 20 years.

the first thing she reads is her birth record: It simply states that Lauriella Sithmore was born on a farm of Evermeet of the Sithmore family. Time of birth XX: XX: XX of the year XXXX.

The second paper in the folder reads:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sithmore. Due to The Sithmore name we are denying your daughters request to admission into the Grand Fleet. Due to her grandfathers connection to the shadow thieves of both Anchorome and Baulder's gate, We cannot recommend your daughters induction into our academy. She will never have control of a helm even if in a lifeboat let alone a Man of War!. I would suggest seeking for her other means of using her magical talents.

My condolences
commander Elliseif Vashanan of the spelljammer fleet of Evermeet.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

After several hours of study, Lauriella opens up another file. It is a description of herself at a hundred thirty-five along with other things she supposedly did during that time Though much is covered over.

Record of personal in the Order of the Death mages
House of Life. city of Skuld chapter.

Subject: Lauriella Sithmore

Sun Elf
Female
height 5' 8"
Eyes: Copper
Hair: black with grey
Origins: Evermeet

Training: General mage with advance training
Specialties Conjuration, Enchantment, Necromancy, Herbal remedies, Extremely high will.
Circle: 7th
Trained by and apprenticed to: Redacted
Languages: Common, Elven, Mulhorandi, (added later by other handwriting) common Shou.

Organizations: House of Life Mulhorand, Order of the Cerulean Stars Damara.

Campaigns: Northern border patrol Dates: Redacted

Incident: Redacted

Year: Redacted

Became envoy between the countries of Damara and Mulhorand. Set up trade deals. Carried correspondence between countries. Became involved with navigation while envoy. New organizations. Ensign for various merchant fleets in the sea of fallen stars.

Pregnant.

Guided fleet out of hurricane in the sea of fallen stars using magic and lights. Deceased. Daughter Elliseif Deceased from fever two weeks later. Promoted in various merchant fleets she worked to lieutenant post humorously. awarded metal of valor.

Reappears as captain of cargo sloop year XXXX. Tested in Skuld. Sever head injury. Total memory loss. 1rst circle. Her technique skill remains with no memory of her experiences. No chance for recall, damage too extensive. Cannot sustain magical energy unless there is constant and rigorous usage of magic. Most likely will never reach more than 4th circle ever again. No longer of any import to the greater scheme of Mulhorandi affairs.

Subject released without incident left to continue her life. Advise to keep connections due to past loyalty and successful missions.

She looks up at the ceiling. Like that is going to help me what-so-ever. She sets the files to the side and again digs into her magical research.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella has her feet up on the navigation table. The sun is still high but sinking slowly through the summer sky. Lloyd comes up with coffee. The tiller is locked on the bearing she took. The small 25ft Catalina makes way at a quick pace. Lauriella book in hand has a quill and ink well tacked to the table beside her. She's writing in her logs and personal journal.

Lloyd sits down beside her as she sips the expensive dark liquid he hands her.

"Where is Zard?"

"Been 6ft waves all though the night and day. You're to be is a wee green and he be holding a bedpan"

"We're haven't even made the channel yet out of this fresh water puddle. Should we throw him overboard now?"

Lloyd laughs, "Aye he be useless this trip. Probably the way back too."

"If he's going to be in this family he's gonna have to learn to sail. Ava and I are resolute on that point."

"Cannot wait till we be seeing how she be doing, Capt."

"She'll learn too but One of us will always have to be staying behind. Have to keep the family affairs in order down Immersea. Especially with the Gilded right there."

"What's your play, Ma'am?"

"Well simple enough. We go down Westgate. Sell these gems wholesale. Come back up with the coin from the moonflower and these gems. We build us a shipyard big enough for the Moonflower II and the smaller sloops and schooners. Now we own a shipyard.

We build her over the next year. Just as our plans. When the other merchants see her. I know we be getting contracts. We'll work on making the shipyard and ship profitable."

"You be thinkin that maybe the gilded have something to be sayin bout that?"

Lauri shakes her head, "They be no problem, Lloyd. gilded fleet have no long haulers. They bring the ships From Simbia to immersea and back. We make it so we only run long haulers. That way beneficial for both our families. The new ship can load up three cargos of the guilded's goods. they make their standard profit we make ours. And. Their goods be going to ports like Impulter, Damara, Mulhorandi and Unther when the war be over. It's a win, win for both families.

Matter of fact we could give them a good deal on new ships. We bring the builders in. Their fleet is competent if I be right watchin that other captain's crew work. Steady, practical people like us. Their ships be on the aged side themselves. They'll see the benefits and they don't be havin to do nothin. If Ava has a child marry them to one of Donna's sons or daughters. Cement the alignment.

Lloyd frowns, "The gilded aint a like you captain. Same as most merchant families. Greedy to the hilt."

"Well a good way to change things then. You cant be squeezing profit at every turn of the wheel. And free coin for them. A steady and long lasting contract? That will suit their golden hearts. Not sure bout marriage though. That ill be up to Ava. Though she'll take my council. Have to see what develops."

How much we got? and what you selling for?

Selling wholesale 50% what i appraised them for. Some jeweler is gonna be rich or several even.

We got:
50 Sapphires I appraised at 1,000 each we'll be selling them at 500 makes 25,000
46 Fire opals appraised at 1500 each we'll be selling for 750 makes 34,500
78 diamonds appraised at 2000 each we'll be selling for 1,000 makes 78,000
67 Rubies appraised at 3,000 each we sell for 1,500 makes 100,500
61 Emeralds appraised at 4,000 each we sell for 2,000 makes 123,000

For a grand total of 241,000 + the 40,000 for the moonflower.

Lloyd whistles, "That make a shipyard and ship!"

"Damn straight Lloyd. And I already gave half our fortune to Ava so she can set up a manor and her adventurers guild."

"You be meaning to say she has just as much gems as you, Capt?"

Lauri nods, "She's no merchant but should get about 40% wholesale still the same if she be having any sense to her. Tell the truth she be keeping me together when I be landlocked. I hate not being on the water. Her and the paladin i call friend, Dauen. Now there's a girl for you Lloyd. Her eyes glow."

Lloyd spits his coffee out, "Argh! Me own captain be hooking me up with a ghostly she be!"

Lauri laughs and punches him in the shoulder, "She's not a ghost. She's one of them assimar or dragon born types with silver eyes. I think Assimar. She's a good woman. Only two that keeps me in the cursed place but now that the kraken demon is dead I'll give her one last shot. Immersea at least should be at peace for a spite. Arabel is a wreck and sinking into the abyss."

The two of them hear a moan from below. They look at each other and laugh, saluting their coffee cups the finish their talk and get back to work.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauri writes in her journal that night while throwing up a firefly on the boon and casting light upon it.

Love. Love makes you do the strangest things. I had thought to leave these cursed lands. Disaster after disaster has effected my emotions. One that cannot afford emotion upon doing their work. Leading others to profitable ventures at sea.

Two people stopped me from taking my fortune and wife and leaving. Ava who still dreams of making a guild of non-aligned adventurers. And of all people Dauen the paladin. A friend I have found here. One that would council me at times. Someone to look up too. I've had no one to speak to as a peer for 20 years and now there are two. the biggest thing that impressed me was when i was praying about what to do: Dauen and others came to Selune's temple. She stopped them until I was finished.

Even though she was not of my faith she respected it. That shows integrity and a dignity for others and their faiths. I found that there is hope here. Its hard to find but there is hope. I will continue to try to help these lands as I may in my small part.

Zard is my main concern now. I have taken him to Westgate with me. Ava is too mature for her age. It is what attracts me most of her. Zard on the other hand still has the impulsiveness of youth. I must tame that in him. I will keep him close in my trips overseas. Make him work with my people the people that ply the sea. He will learn hard work and patience. I'll drive the insensibilities of youth from him and turn him into someone mature and thoughtful if I can.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella and Lloyd make their way to the Blue Banner Inn along the Shou quarter. They order a meal and drink. Zard took one look at Westgate and decided he needed to guard the small ship.

Lauriella listens to the various conversations in Shou so she can keep up with language. the last that she had learned. She learns several new words and sayings while they eat.

Lloyd asks, "Mind if I go upstairs for a bit, capt?"

Lauriella waves him off, "Just don't be up there all night, Lloyd and I'll have a healing potion for you when you come back. Never know. Don't want you singing to the whales every time you pee off the deck on the return trip."

"Aye, Capt." Lloyd wanders off.

Lauriella drinks her tea and whiskey listening to the background when someone approaches her. she smiles, "Captain Edger Neely, You old dog. How are you. How are things in Cormyr and why you here in this old city?" She stands up

While he shakes her hand, "Lauriella Sithmore, Captain now I see. I'm fine. I see you not given up on the merchants. Got a few good ships in Cormyr if you be wantin to enlist with us."

"Sithiir now Edger, Please sit." They sit down Lauriella calls over to the bar made, "Let me see if I be remembering rightly dark sweet ale."

"Right you are Lauri. So you up and got married! Finally found someone ye did, did you."

"Aye, two in fact. A warrior woman wants to create an adventurer's guild. She goes by the name of Ava. And got me an elven male cleric in the works too. due to marry him next full moon."

Edger raises his glass, "Always knew you would end up being a polygamist. Congratulations."

"Aint nothing a thousand other sailors done just this time they be together too, maybe. Least they tolerate each other."

"Even better."

"So, Edger? Why you here? Cormyrian navel officers don't just wander down the Shou district of Westgate."

"Diplomatic mission. Just finished up with looking for some relaxation."

Lauriella raises and eyebrow, "I be meaning why you here. Why you tag me?"

"Aye now, That's the Lauriella I know always suspicious and paranoid."

"Paranoia keeps me alive. Especially on land while being between ships."

Edger looks surprised, "You loose the Moonflower?"

"Aye same old story told a thousand times. Fleets along the inner sea recognize ya to be captain. Shares change. Cannot make profit for the men on a sloop."

"What you be looking for? I'm sure the Cormyrian merchant fleet be havin a galleon or two fer sale, Mayhap even a frigate."

"Na, I be building one. looking to build a 400 ton schooner that ill do 12 knots. May take a year or two when finally find me a shipwright and crew to build her but she'll grace the sea she will."

"400 ton at 12 knots? impossible"

Lauriella shakes her head, "Yea she will, it'll take 9 thousand square to do it. Positioned just right to be funnelin the wind to the frizzen sheets. While still filling the mast sheets. Now mind you tellin this old lady what you be sniffin round abouts?"

"Well heard you be setting up in Immersea from some other traders. Thought I might have a mind to get your thoughts on the place? Might even throw some coin your way for that new idea of yours."

"Ah hells, Edger. You know I aint about to be doing politics or be takin sides in a countries affairs. Don't think you'll be finding too many of us merchants will neither. Bad for business."

Edger shrugs and takes a gulp of ale, "How long you be staying in westgate?"

"Long enough to offload some merchandise been hot in me pockets. Should be enough for the design. Got me some help too from a merchant family."

"Which one, Lauri?"

Lauriella smiles, "Can not remember. The whiskey now making me draw up a blank."

Edger smiles, "Look we be friends from way back. from what I be hearin all hell be breaking loose down Arabel and Immersea. Tilverton under siege. Krakens off the waters, Elves like you lauriella, being persecuted. Cormyr is concerned. We want to help."

"That why you be down here in Westgate, Edger. Mercenaries and cutthroats by the dime here. Pirates openly slip in the harbors? Looking for men ye are?"

Edger shrugs and stays silent. Lauriella continues, "Tell you what. Cormyr squares itself with Arabel and the surrounding lands there bouts and I'll come talk to ya. Until then Immersea has become peaceful. The kraken is gone. helped meself with that mess. I be takin up residence there with me wife.

Long as there be hostilities I cannot say nothing to them. And i cannot say nothing to you. The merchants must needs be neutral on these affairs. Be hoping you be understanding of the whole. We already be dragged into the Mulhorandi/ Unther war. We don't want to be dragged into another."

"I be understandin Lauri. Just hoppin that there be some old friendly curtsies shown. Now you married you still be belted?"

Lauri laughs, "Oh Edger, This is Westgate. What do you think?"

"Aye, Just had to be saying somethin to leave on a good wind."

"No worries Edger. Like I be saying. Them rulers work it out. Welcome to come up Immersea and have a drink. That is if I not be building day and night. Want to shove off 3 or 4 year from now to ply the seas. This hard land be making my feet hurt."

"Aye mine too, Lauri. Mine too. Alright than. Can not be blaming me for trying you old witch." He winks and stands up.

Lauri stands. The two shake hands before Edger leaves. Lauri sits back down to her tea and whiskey waiting for Lloyd to finish with his musings.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauri is working the small rental at her slip. Retying loose knots. hanging from the mast checking pullies and sheets. Rope tensions and other things normally done by the crew.

Lloyd is a big man usually not taken to crawling around rigging and Zard has no seamanship experience so it is up to her to maintain the ship until she can come home, dock and set it to its owner again.

Zard and Lloyd come back near high sun. Zard sees her hanging upside down from the cross beam of the mainsail and tries the chide the dangerous position she's put himself in.

Lloyd retorts, him, "Leave the capt. alone. She be knowing what she be doing. Better seaman than most cause she enjoys being working with the crew.

Lauri scales her way back down and walks up to them in bare feet, "You two, alright?"

Lloyd answers, "Aye just gettin your to be familiar with Westgate and theres abouts. You got yerself a letter, ma'am."

Lauri takes the scroll tube and looks at the seal, "Never be seeing this seal? Wonder what this be all about? What you think of Westgate, Honey?"

Zard looks around, "This is one cut throat town. There's f*@$ing pirates here!"

Lauri and Lloyd sound off together, "We know." Lauriella continues, "Just keep yer purse in hand and take nothin for granted. Saturday high moon. We'll go outside the city to a quiet place for my moondance where we be making our vows."

Lloyd asks, "You two will be needing protection. I'll watch over ye from a distance I will."

Lauriella looks up from the seal she is studying, "No you won't mate. You be knowing the rules."

Lloyd looks incredulous, "What be so bad about seein you in a dress anyway capt. Not like we be seeing other ladies on every port."

Zard laughs, "Two reasons, Lloyd. The first is the moondance celebration is meant to get others aroused in the dancers form. It's meant not only as a dance to praise the goddess. its meant for lovers. That's why the women only dance for their lovers or alone.

Second Lauri's different when she gets in a dress. She becomes more feminine, She changes becomes more passive, subservient and submissive..........." He suddenly stops looking at Lauriella staring him down like she's about to murder him.......slowly.

"That will be enough, now!" Lloyd backs up a step, "Ok I be understanding now and be giving you yer space.

She looks up at him, "Stay here Lloyd. You never be hearing that and ifin I find out otherwise I'll be putting my necromancer robes on. We be having and understanding."

Lloyd goes to attention and makes a stiff salute. She looks at Zard, "If I ever here you say that again my loving husband to be: you'll regret it."

She breaks the seal and reads the letter, "Letter is from a Simbian merchant house. Seems they be interested in me plans and may want to invest in this venture. Name is Medici. They have invited me to the embassy in Arabel."

"Good news!" Lloyd exclaims.

"Aye, we get moving on this we just may have a ship built in two year or so. Will be lots of work at the shipyard. We be working a year mayhap two ifin supply lines be slow. I'll be having to clean me dress uniform make myself presentable on the return."

"I'll write a letter back accepting the meeting. Ave and you Zard welcome to attend if you can make it. Lloyd you free to do what you."

Zard looks incredulous, "up to two years?"

Lauri nods, "Shes 400 ton to start. There be all kinds of stuff to be putting in too. Quarters, galley, fire protections, bilge pumps All these things got to be put in. All the skeleton beans need be put over fire and bent just so. Every board fitted perfectly to the next with the right bend, and that be just the skeleton. Lloyd know more bout these things than I but I have to be there most times cause I'm the designer. So that be a year, two I be back and forth to the shipyard. That is if these things all be working out. I got me the angles I be needin. Just have to get a hard bite on me line."

Lloyd laughs, "You got yourself your bite, Ma'am. Just got to be reeling them in nice and slow with yer stick held high"

"Aye, Not always too good with the conversation part but I'll be giving it me all."

Zard shakes his head, "What did you two just say?"

Lauriella and Lloyd both laugh. Lauriella looks to him, "Don't worry me love. You'll be figuring it out soon enough you will."
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella comes back to the ship with two scroll tubes. Lloyd is lounging on a chair by the wheel. He has a fishing rod out; line going just out from the slip.

"What ye got, capt?"

"Two letters. The first from That Signore Presto. The other well the other is from Ava."

"Aye, any perfume on that there letter?"

Lauri smiles and looks embarrassed, "No Lloyd. Ava, She not that type. But I would tell ya what she look like in a dress."

Lloyd laughs, "Well now. Do tell Lauri."

"So beautiful she be defies explaining."

"OIY! Suckered me into that one ye did."

"Aye!"

Lauri opens the one from Ava first and reads it. She grows concerned, " She be saying that there trouble in Arabel if I be reading it correctly. Says there be assassins after her. That be not making sense. Ava is the most laid back woman I have ever known her age."

"Got her any enemies?"

"None I know. I be havin a few from the hunters Union. especially that Baatezu bitch seems like she's on a permanent bleed. Mayhap play fetch with her, "Here girl you Malar concubine, fetch!' Come to think don't even know how that be working on a human woman or tiefling?"

Lloyd's face colors slightly but he answers, "Bout three/five day every month."

"See Lloyd we elven, We do not worry so much only one ever six month but last a two week."

"Oh we know lauri. Every member the old crew know all too well."

She looks up and punches him in the shoulder, "I ain't na that bad, asshole! I canna believe I be raising a whole crew of you."

Lloyd now beat red cannot but laugh, "Aye. We take after our foster mother we do."

She shakes her head and laughs herself. Lauri now opens the next scroll tube but looks up suddenly, Where Zard be?"

"Set him to swimin I did. He going to be on the ocean I be havin him swim."

"Where too?"

"Harbor buoy."

"Llyod! That be near 3/4 mile out! Tonights full moon. He'll be too tired."

"Aye if the sharks don't get him. Told him he be having to swim awful fast causin harbor sharks especially like Elven arms and legs."

"Harbor sharks?" She laughs. He finds out he be near to kill ya.

"Just a bit of fun."

"Well hopefully he'll have enough left come high moon. I want me some fun too."

"Don't ya be worrying, Capt. I'll have him up and ready rearing to go. Give him the last of that coffee. What the other letter be saying?"

"Looks like a contract outline. Mostly what they be wanting from me to do if they come into contract with us. I'll have a few thing for them too. It be looking pretty standard but long. Most be fitting with me vision of things in the long haul. 10% commission to Misrim a might high. Would like it to be 6-8% but is not outrageous if I remembers correctly.

I be used to the day to day contracts of uploads and offloads not this. Will find me a Waukeen priest to be making sure this fits in the realms of standards. These people Lloyd they be treating me well enough thus far. But still has to be careful with these big merchanteers. Just got to make sure we aint ta being taken. A priest of Waukeen will help and its a standard affair anyway with things like this.

I'll show it to Zard and put me a copy send it to Ava along with my concerns and a pep talk. I got someone watchin over her I do."

"Aye, Knew you would, Capt. Just like you be watchin over us. Wanted or not it helps knowing someone have yer back."

"Aye, I'll be writting letters tomorrow I will but for now I got to be getting ready for me second wedding."

"I'll send him along when you be ready, Capt."

"Good." Lauri tucks the scrolls into the cabin and makes ready. She leaves with a basket of moon lilies and a box in arm.

Much later that night Lauriella dances within a large ring of lilies under the full moon as Zard watches. They say their vows and spend the night together. In the morning Lauri has some trouble getting Zard to come out of revelry.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Lauriella races along the docks getting everything ready to leave. and making sure a couple of days of fresh water, rum and food are placed in the ship. She goes to the dock master and turns in her papers and slip fee to leave. She knows Ava is in some kind of trouble and she needs to come home.

the harbormaster hands her a scroll tube. She glances at it a moment and tucks it under her arm for later review. She then picks up some signal flags and lantern oil for the night lights. Having all necessary supplies She and her two mates load them on the cat. Lloyd unfastens the mooring ropes and they sail into harbor. Lauri takes the wheel. Zard goes to the bow now knowing the commands for guiding her if needed. Lloyd sits in one of seats beside the wheel. the ship is more a pleaser fisher then any working ship so the wheel is surrounded by a small dugout of seats for those who wish to commune while the pilot handles the ship.

Once out of the harbor Laurie opens the scroll tube and reads the letter. Then reads it again. She suddenly punches the boon hurting her hand. It doesn't even register in her brain, "SHE DID NA DO THAT! AVA!"

Lauriella rubs her face in frustration. Lloyd sits straight up in his chair. Zard comes running and stops standing above the other two, "What happened?"

Lauriella sighs, "Ava joined the crimson."

At the same time Zard says, "So." While Lloyd says, "Shit!"

Zard chews his lip, "I don't understand?"

Lauriella explains, "Longhaulers. Those of us that go country to country along the inner sea have a certain neutrality to countries. We have to. We haul all around the sea of fallen stars. Countries get into their petty bickering wars and we still need to haul merchandise to their ports. It's not so much official its a courtesy to the merchants that countries won't tangle with us because we provide services. Much like long caravan lines.

If Ava joins the Crimson the main guard force for the city state of Arabel I minas well throw my neutrality overboard. I mean most countries especially countries like Implitur, Mulhorand, and Damara where my ship and person are known I'll be ok. But think about this. What if I need to port to Suzail?

If the Cormyrians know that my wife is Crimson and I port there. The best if caught and questioned is they hold me as a political prisoner. Worse They'll throw me in jail a few day before hanging my pretty butt for being a spy.

Lloyd comments, "It is pretty, Capt."

"Oh shut up, Lloyd!"

Lauriella sighs again, "I know shes scared of something. What I don't know but will find out. Dauen was suppose to watch out for her and knows damn well my position about petty conflicts between countries. She should have known better. I will have words with her.
Ava must have gone there for protection. If I find out Dauen seduced her into joining the crimson I'll.............ugh!...........I dont know what I'll do!
I start getting traction for to build a new ship. Start a family shipping company and now this. I even have it set up were all the other short hauling companies benift. Misrim, The Gilded, and the Sembian house. I don't know what to do now."

Lloyd looks at her meekly, "Ah, Capt your not going to go all necro on us now is ya?"

She flutters her eyes and looks at him, "When have I ever done that. Lloyd?"

"Well there was that time back.........."

"Oh come on. Stop scaring my husband."

Lloyd shrugs. Lauri wipes her face again with her hands, "We'll we're into it now. I'll be having to be more careful in Cormyrian waters. They nae find out for awhile but we take no chances. We'll have to deal with being aligned with Arabel and the Crimson in this region of the inner sea."

Lloyd comments, "Step at a time, Captain. Step at a time. Always shortcomings be showin themselves. got to make those mountains and move on."

"I know. Have to be having patience. Lets get to work."

Lloyd takes the wheel while Lauri begins teaching Zard about seamanship in general.
CTP team member